• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH BROTHERS VICTORY! Victoria Day: Monday May 18th/09

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
SMASH BROTHERS VICTORY

Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament Singles and Doubles Tournament
Date: Monday May 18th 2009
307 King St East, Hamilton, Ontario.
Phone: 289-396-4290
Sponsor : Pownz Gaming Centre
Email: Contact@pownz.com
Game Type: Singles and doubles
Note: Change of start times, Doubles first, Singles to begin part way through Doubles.

Registration begins at: 12:00pm
Singles Start Time: 4:30pm (Part way through Doubles)
Cost Per Player: $5 Venue Fee, $10 Prize Pool
Prize Pool: 60 / 30 / 10
Expected Turnout: 40+ Participants
Advance registration: Available

Game Type: Doubles

Registration begins at: 2:00pm
Doubles Start Time: 3pm
Cost Per Player: $5 Venue Fee (Note: Venue fee waived if you participated in Singles tournament), $10 Prize Pool
Prize Pool Per Team: 60 / 30 / 10
Expected Turnout: 16 Teams
Advance registration: Available

Rules: SBR Certified
Stock: 3
Timer: 7 Minutes
Double Elimination Bracket
New Members attending the Tournament will receive 1337 Memberships at the discounted rate of only $5. ($15 regularly)

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion(doubles)
Norfair
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

April 18th tourny had a prize pool of over $400 and Victory should be even higher!

General Pownz Rules:
1. Pownz will assign all official tournament matches to specific systems to ensure the smooth pace of the tournament. Any game played during tournament time on a system that has not been assigned to the players will be considered a ‘friendly match’ and be considered a Scratch.
2. As attendees age vary greatly at each tournaments, it is mandatory that all language used during Pownz events is clean and free of obscenities.
3. All attendees should arrive at the Centre clean and odor free, Pownz will provide body spray for those who forgot this policy before they left home.

We are working tirelessly to ensure all monitors are %100 Lag Free

We hope to see many of you at you laddered Friday Smash Night. Smash Night Ranking is available on our forums, you need only sign yourself up. Friday nights @7 are Great Practice and Strat exchange for those of you looking to improve your game. Go to: http://www.pownz.com/forum/rivals.ph...rs&ladder_id=5 to see standings and join yourself.

Yami Akatsuki

Smash Apprentice
i need more info on this tourny can u use gamecube controllers wat are the prizes and wat is the single and double tourny im confused on that plz let me know and i have a bro thats 10 is he allowed to go thats all my questions thx

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Wow nooooooooob, lol joking. Prize pool entry fees are 10 for singles, 20 for doubles ( 10 per player ).

Split 60, 30, 10 for both events.

ANY age is allowed to join tournies, GC controllers are fine.

Does that answer your questions? Anything else just ask.

Yami Akatsuki

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget the 5 $ venue fee to go with the entries.
i need more info did u guys go to this tourny before .how do u register to get in. is any characters banned i kno levels are some times . wat is single and double is lt like tag team. how much is it explain this time plz and wats the prize explain that to k if any1 can let me kno thanks latz

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
i need more info did u guys go to this tourny before .how do u register to get in. is any characters banned i kno levels are some times . wat is single and double is lt like tag team. how much is it explain this time plz and wats the prize explain that to k if any1 can let me kno thanks latz
I went there before, it is a really nice place. To register, talk to the guy on the comp or w-e, he'll ask you how much you need to pay, your game tag and what event (Singles or Doubles or both) you're entering. No character is banned. Singles is when you fight someone on a 1 versus 1. Doubles is when you and your teamate plays vs another team (Two versus Two)
To ENTER the building, you have to pay 5$. Then to Enter Singles, it's 10$ for EACH person and to enter doubles, it's 20$ Per team (So you and your brother must pay 10$ EACH).

The prize = All the money gathered from Singles entries and doubles entries are given to the TOP 3 placings.

1st Place: 60% of ALL the money from entrants (so the 10$ u pay goes to the POT which is ALL the money from every players)

2nd Place: 30% of " "

3rd Place: 10% of " "

Applies for doubles too

Next time read better, EVERYTHING was explained seems I kinda wasted my time a bit..

Yami Akatsuki

Smash Apprentice
I went there before, it is a really nice place. To register, talk to the guy on the comp or w-e, he'll ask you how much you need to pay, your game tag and what event (Singles or Doubles or both) you're entering. No character is banned. Singles is when you fight someone on a 1 versus 1. Doubles is when you and your teamate plays vs another team (Two versus Two)
To ENTER the building, you have to pay 5$. Then to Enter Singles, it's 10$ for EACH person and to enter doubles, it's 20$ Per team (So you and your brother must pay 10$ EACH).

The prize = All the money gathered from Singles entries and doubles entries are given to the TOP 3 placings.

1st Place: 60% of ALL the money from entrants (so the 10$ u pay goes to the POT which is ALL the money from every players)

2nd Place: 30% of " "

3rd Place: 10% of " "

Applies for doubles too

Next time read better, EVERYTHING was explained seems I kinda wasted my time a bit..
hey nub thx lol i guess i will be going to own some peeps

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Meta Knight, Snake and Yoshi are banned.

All stages are banned except Electroplankton.

The prize is a Sonic the Hedgehog plushie.

Welcome to the wonderful world of competitive smash.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Meta Knight, Snake and Yoshi are banned.
Where did that come from? :dizzy:

Yami, Ally is such a scrub. You should totally $mm him. It'd be lulz.

For us, that is. Lolololol

And don't us normal folks have school that day?

*Edit* Yup, looks like a troll indeed.

Yami Akatsuki

Smash Apprentice
lol wats a money match play for money naw man if u survive in the trny then ill play against u

Yami Akatsuki

Smash Apprentice
I Dont Know But All I Can Tell U Is That My Nickname Is Yami Akatsuki Short Form Yami So I Guess U Will Know Its Me K My Main Is Dark Toon Link

5ive

Smash Champion
Is this guy legit? Or are we getting trolled.
Anyways, I hope this guy ACTUALLY goes. It would be epic.

I think I can go this time.

Yami Akatsuki

Smash Apprentice
LMAO Plz u Probaly Cant Even Beat The Computer On Level 1 so stop tlking go back to story mode and train ok remember when ur playing story mode put it on ur level easy mode k Be Brezzy

Yami Akatsuki

Smash Apprentice
the game centre i emailed u so can u look at it and message me back plz i need to know stuff

.Marik

is a social misfit
im not tlking smack our anything i just want to fight good peeps
You main Toon Link? I'll take you on. $10 mm?

I can beat you with MK. Even though he's one of the worst characters in the game.
I know, he's so bad dude. >_<; But Falcon is so good, Yami should totally use him against your MetaKnight.

LMAO Plz u Probaly Cant Even Beat The Computer On Level 1 so stop tlking go back to story mode and train ok remember when ur playing story mode put it on ur level easy mode k Be Brezzy
I'm sure we can **** 3 Lv. 9 computers. Only scrubs think beating computers makes them pro. Be weezy.

if u can beat lvl 9 comps you shuld be pretty good then. most of us here still struggle with them
Truefax.

And 5ive, you have one of the most amazing signatures ever.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
lol i know man y3sterd4y i TOTTALLY Pwn3d targ3t smash lvl 2 so i am 1337 nao

rofl zzs has teh boooobiessssssssslololol

What does "Be Brezzy" even mean?

I'm confirming, by the way.

Yami Akatsuki

Smash Apprentice
LOL Ya I Main Toon Link Colour Black No I Dont Play For Money If I Have Sum Then Ya I Will . I Beat Level 9 Computers All the Time Sometimes They Get Lucky. I Beat Story Mode On Intense Mode Man That Mode Is A Bich. ya and if u think because i use dark toon link that i will lose not gonna happen as i have beaten The Last Event With Him One Try .so ya u dont have to belive me But Ill Prove This At The Trny Latz.

Marik Yoshi Who Do U Main And Sick Name And How Do U Register The Guy That Made This Topic Wont Reply So Ya Can U Do It Online Thanks Latz

Yami Akatsuki

Smash Apprentice
Yep, we're getting trolled.
ya u guys are getting trolled so thats y when black young link wins the trny u can keep telling urself that. u know wat ill give u preview even how online lags alot so if possible i do lose dont be happy cuz its lag like if u notice when u play if u push a button it take 2 secounds then it does the action so ya give me ur friend code ok any1 who wants to play me online for a lag preview cuz it might then give me ur code and nickname and stay on for awhile after i reply and we will play and when i win then u can say man hes for real

Top Bottom