• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash brothers Stealing Ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandenpunk1

Smash Cadet
Did anyone else notice that smash has kinda, stolen ideas from other movies, and games.

For Example:
1) The Smash Ball . . . Isnt that kinda like lord of the rings when everyone wants to get the preciace ring and it makes them more powerful. . . meh kinda

2) Sonics final smash . . . Isnt that kinda like Dragon ball Z . . . Yes / no well kinda right

3) Catching Bosses with Poke balls Trophy stands. . . isnt that just like pokemon, yep it has been mentioned b4

Is there anymore instances where brawl has taken ideas from other games. . . (not oviouse onces like Tekken)

Darkurai

Smash Master
1. No.
2. That's from the Sonic games. You can't blame Brawl.
3. Everyone's noticed that.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
1) The Smash Ball: Well, Sakurai said that he wanted to include that since the 64 days, but we will never know for sure. So...

2) Sonic's FS: It is really similar, but then again this is SEGA's doing, not the Smash Bros dev team's.
Get it?

3) Catching enemies: Well, that is obvious. :D

Machete

Smash Ace
1) The Smash Ball . . . Isnt that kinda like lord of the rings when everyone wants to get the preciace ring and it makes them more powerful. . . meh kinda

2) Sonics final smash . . . Isnt that kinda like Dragon ball Z . . . Yes / no well kinda right
People play the game. . . Isnt that kinda like Grand Theft Auto. . .

TempestFunk

Smash Cadet
ok, first of all... smash ball =/= lord of the rings in any way shape or form.

The creator of sonic loved DBZ, thats why sonic can go SSJ, theres nothing new about that. it's been known for at least a decade now. Doubt we can call smash out for copying that.

and catching creatures with trophy stands... ok.... that one is a little pokemonish, but Game Freak (creator of pokemon) is working in cooperation with Sora, So i doubt you can really call that 'Stealing'

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Bravo, you have thrown into high relief how comparatively tame some of the rampant ignorance relative to Brawl really was.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
dude what the helll lord of the rings? are u serious. sonic's super sonic is from the SONIC GAMES, and sure catchin enemies is like pokemon but pokemon is nintendos idea!

Brandenpunk1

Smash Cadet
Bravo, you have thrown into high relief how comparatively tame some of the rampant ignorance relative to Brawl really was.
dude are you making fun of me lol i know it was a joke thread chill out you as a mod should never make FUN of someone haha

Darkurai

Smash Master
dude are you making fun of me lol i know it was a joke thread chill out you as a mod should never make FUN of someone haha
I love it how whenever people end up looking like idiots they always claim it was a joke thread.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Lol, at Lord of the Rings. Yeah, there are some things ripped off. Take Lucario's Kamehahahahaha Wave or Luigi's Zawarudo.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Too seriously n00bish to be a joke thread. You're like that girl in my class who makes gigantic mistakes, get into a big argument about it, and will say 'JK' when proven wrong. No, just no. I can feel my IQ lowering just by posting here... or is that my sinus headache?

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Lol, at Lord of the Rings. Yeah, there are some things ripped off. Take Lucario's Kamehahahahaha Wave or Luigi's Zawarudo.
Hyper Beam/Flash Canon is a move in the Pokemon series.

Oh, and guys, Smash stole from Halo 3 because there's a stage builder in it. </sarcasm>

courte

Smash Lord
i posted a thread similar to this, only instead of accusing smash of stealing, i noted and requested member to list which influences were taken from which nintendo game or franchise... closed in 2 minutes flat

and no i don't think when sakurai thought of the idea of smash balls back in 99, he was thinking of LoTR series, and even if he was, the movies weren't popular until the 00's i.e. he must have REALLY loved those books and Lenoard Nimoy Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom