• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Wii U 'Livestream Event' At 6:00 EST 10/23

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Man you people are really getting worked up about this Ridley stuff. I'm a Ridley supporter, but give the hater a break. They've had to listen to this for nearly 4 years. (Plus during the time period before Brawl's release) my main desire to see him is the hope that he'll bring along Impa, Dixie & most importantly, Mewtwo. (I couldn't care less about Choir Boys.)

WooMooWooWooMoo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Quattro_Thunder
3DS FC
1934-0666-8269
I feel like we're aren't getting some big news on the 23rd because its still a very new game. The Wii U version isn't even out yet, so why announce dlc? And if they do, why isn't said dlc already included in the full game? Nintendo waited a bit before showing us the Mario Kart 8 dlc, and they'll probably do the same with Smash 4. We don't even get the first dlc pack for Mario Kart 8 until next month. I don't see us getting new characters by connecting the games, either. It would be very annoying to players of just one version of Smash 4 if they needed both versions to get them. I would be mad if certain characters were locked off just because I couldn't afford the other system and version of the game. Yes, them showing off a couple of new characters would help sell the game, but in turn it would piss off a large number of people. Even more if you had to buy them on the 3ds game as dlc if you don't have a Wii U.

TL;DR: I don't believe we'll see new 'connectivity' characters or 'dlc' characters any time soon, but we will in the future.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
I hope Ridley is in Smash 4 Wii U, and I hope he is trash-tier.

Like, lower than 64 Samus+Melee Pichu+Brawl Ganondorf tier. I want him to be such a garbage character that anybody who plays him gets laughed out of a room.

That, or just do the smart thing and leave him as the stage boss he is. Stop getting hyped for new characters, there won't be any revealed in this Direct or with the release of the Wii U. At best, we might get to hear about currently-in-progress DLC to be released sometime next year.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
The purple dragon isn't that big really

Oh right you guys were talking about ridley? oops.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
ooh oh I'm a pessimist now. Actually I'm a realist. Our man said no character discrepancy between versions. I made my comments because it seemed to me that nobody knew of this. I'll be right when Thursday comes and nobody gets their Ridley. You're playing the neutral party and getting likes, but what you're also doing is betraying honesty to feel good about yourself. I have no ego, only facts ^_^
You can't have facts when you don't know anything. None of us know anything. There are no facts.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Is anyone else looking forward to the direct itself and not leaks or characters or other stupid stuff?

No? Just me? Okay, just curious.
Characters...stupid stuff? Sure...
But the main difference between Layton and Ridely is that Professor Layton is popular in both Japan and the West where Metroid is only popular in the West. It is sad Layton doesn't have a chance but its even worse for ridely considering Japan doest really care for the metroid series.
I don't give a **** about what the Japanese fanbase likes or not, the western fanbase loves Metroid, that's enough reason because the game shouldn't cater to the Japanese fanbase only. Ridley's a Nintendo All-Star and the main villain of a MAJOR NINTENDO FRANCHISE, how hard to grasp is that?

Last edited:

Gef

Smash Cadet
You can't have facts when you don't know anything. None of us know anything. There are no facts.
lol what are you even going on about? Nobody knows anything ever obviously #deep. See you Thursday kiddo ;)

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
lol what are you even going on about? Nobody knows anything ever obviously #deep. See you Thursday kiddo ;)

Right, let me start again because you aren't getting this.

Somebody says "Gee, I hope there's more characters. It's possible we could have DLC." that's fine, makes no assumptions. Perfectly reasonable thing to want.

Somebody says "That's not going to happen". That's dumb, it's a statement with little foundation.

You said you had facts, but you don't. It doesn't matter what happens on Thursday, because you're wrong now.

Just stop telling people things you don't know. Alright?

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
OH BOY, I HOPE THEY REVEAL SHRIDLEYTW-

*user was bunned for this posse*

I'm really feeling this news. And the good kind of feeling.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I hope Ridley is in Smash 4 Wii U, and I hope he is trash-tier.

Like, lower than 64 Samus+Melee Pichu+Brawl Ganondorf tier. I want him to be such a garbage character that anybody who plays him gets laughed out of a room.

That, or just do the smart thing and leave him as the stage boss he is. Stop getting hyped for new characters, there won't be any revealed in this Direct or with the release of the Wii U. At best, we might get to hear about currently-in-progress DLC to be released sometime next year.
It's still playable ridley so who cares

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
No, he said they would share the same roster, which they will. He has never said that one version wouldn't have extra characters.

Also the wii u is dying, if there isn't more it's almost like he wants the wii u to die, modes and stages won't sell a game. Characters will
That's one hell of a contradictory statement, buddy. If they have the same roster, then how could one version have extra characters? God, even I couldn't overlook that one. And I'm me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't give a **** about what the Japanese fanbase likes or not, the western fanbase loves Metroid, that's enough reason because the game shouldn't cater to the Japanese fanbase only. Ridley's a Nintendo All-Star and the main villain of a MAJOR NINTENDO FRANCHISE, how hard to grasp is that?
Well damn, Maybe it was good he didn't put Ridely in if you act like that to them. Sure, Major to the west but not to Japan. It is best to think about what BOTH sides want.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So many comments on how this whole thing is going to reveal all these new characters... Can't say I share that optimism, fellas.

TBH, more characters isn't going to improve Smash for me at this point. A real controller would, though, and that's already confirmed for WiiU. I really have nothing more I need. I didn't get Mewtwo like I wanted, but I got over it.

I honestly feel sorry for the people still clamoring for Snake and such. I don't even believe in the whole Tower of Smash thing, either. But, I guess we shall see very soon indeed.

I love the graphics on the WiiU version, though. Makes me wish I had an HD TV.

Last edited:

Tyler Martin

Smash Rookie
The Ridley fanboy denial is too real in this thread, face it guys he's too big and too similar to Charizard to be playable, I know there's clones but Ridley is as unrealistic as Goku (which would be amazing)

PaperX

Smash Cadet
Man, the Ridley supporters really don't know when to quit, do they? Sakurai already said 3DS and Wii U would share the same roster, we already know the 3DS full roster, no Ridley in there, so unless we get DLC, just let it go please!

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
The Ridley fanboy denial is too real in this thread, face it guys he's too big and too similar to Charizard to be playable, I know there's clones but Ridley is as unrealistic as Goku (which would be amazing)
Unrealistic as Goku? All credibility is lost.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Yes because the main villain of the metroid series is totally comparable to a 3rd party anime character

*Totally not sarcasm at all, no not one bit*

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
1. "The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale."- Sakurai
2. Guessing you don't know much about Ridley.

Top Bottom