• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Wii-U 'Big Priority For Namco'

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Good. Tekken/Soul Calibur characters are just as atrocious as Street Fighter characters. Yoshimitsu is about the only character I can stomach.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think by atrocious, he's reffering to how uninteresting some of the characters are. Ether that or some sort of bias that I'm missing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As strange as it might be, I really don't want to see any characters from a more "standard" fighting game such as Tekken or Soul Calibur (or fighting games not made by Namco) in Smash (except Sukapon, I guess).

I just hope that if Sakurai decides to include a Namco character, the ones suggested to him would be ones that would seem to "fit" more with Smash Bros (like Pac-Man, a Tales character, Klonoa, or even KOS-MOS, unlikely as they might be), over a Tekken or SC character. Not that I don't like characters from those games, I just don't think they would work in Smash as well as others.

I really wouldn't be upset if Namco didn't get a rep at all, considering the ones I want aren't particularly likely. :laugh:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Street Fighter characters would fit in better than Tekken or Soul Calibur characters at least. I wouldn't mind seeing Ryu, although obviously Mega Man should be the Capcom rep just like Pac-Man should be the Namco rep.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
VVVV

Pretty much this. Nobody was asking for anyone prior to the revelation that Namco is working on Super Smash Bros.
What you find interesting is simply a matter of opinion. Smash in itself tends to make every character interesting by assessing their game specific skill sets to work for them in combat.

Personally, I think a character like Jin would be very interesting considering that Tekken characters are heavily based on movement to fluctuate offense and defense. For example: During a run he you can smash back to back dash iimmediately. If you smash back+A during a run Jin would slide back and a swift powerful 2 hit strike. Or when he is running and you do a manual slow turn around, during the turn around animation you can press A and he'll do a spin kick. The timing for these moves may seem off but being ring able to time attacks during specific animations is a huge part of Tekken. Hell this alone would make Tekken characters some of the most diverse characters in smash.

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Star, do you really want to believe that

For one, John and I have been suggesting Pac-Man for the longest

I've also seen plenty of other people bring up Namco characters for Smash before on the internet (and, no, I don't mean recently, I mean for as long as I've been following Smash 4 wishlists and discussions on the internet, which has been almost 3 years)

Just saying, speak for yourself and not others

Top Bottom