• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros vs. Playstation All Stars

volbound1700

Smash Master
Maybe PSABR was a test of the series. Like how Sakurai said the first Smash bros was only a test. PSABR sequel could possibly way better than the original.
Well if that was true, then why did they let go of the company that made it. I do think Sony has thrown the idea away too quickly and should have still looked into a sequel.

Agree that people should not be allowed to change characters move-sets with patches. I wanted the DLC to mostly be new items, characters, and features, not patches over existing stuff.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
let me just say these-

Sony has a habit of blatantly knocking off Nintendo products. (Mario kart, wii, SMASH)
They tend to love knocking off the other company thinking "hell it worked for them so it will work for us." They then go off making knockoffs.

While this could work for them, they seem to always go off making knockoffs NOT KNOWING why it worked for Nintendo. It worked because everyone recognizes the characters.If you know Mario, you probably know peach, luigi, bowser, and donkey kong (Mario used to be his enemy) if you know DK, you've probably heard of DKC so you know diddy.

The characters in a sense are part of a large family that everyone knows, minus the games nobody cares about now (Ice climbers, rob, etc.) You have to be an old long time sony fanboy to know some of these characters in PSABR, there is where they messed up sales wise.

And whats with having to finish others with specials? Way to screw the competitive scene before it forms. (probably what sakurai will do to screw the competitive scene in ssb4)

there is my opinion, anyone care to rebut?
Agreed.

In short, this game has very little "stars". Especially when i have to google 2/3 of the entire cast because i don't know any of their games. And they even had the nerve to omit key characters that made Sony (when they started off) like Lara Croft and Crash. The Sony brand simply isn't strong enough to make a roster without having to add third party characters while Nintendo has plenty to choose from.

Looking at the All Star roster just gives me nothing but question marks. I mean the contrast between the mature characters and cartoon-like goofy characters does not mesh well at all.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I tried Allstars its ok its nothing like smash,It gets boring fast,It has little to no replay value..Its something to tinker with till smash 4 comes out,Other than that I wouldin't suggest it.!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe PSABR was a test of the series. Like how Sakurai said the first Smash bros was only a test. PSABR sequel could possibly way better than the original.
I don't think he said that. Source?

Sadly the team that made PSABR was laid off by Sony. I'm not sure if they would want to make another one.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Mm, I do not know about downloadable characters being in Smash 4. (Shrugs) But that is just me. If there is going to be some sort of downloadable content for Smash 4, I fancy it would only be minor things, such as music, pictures, and alternate costumes.

The only feature from Playstation Allstars I would like to see in Super Smash Bros. 4 is unlockable costumes. Since Wario had two different costumes in Brawl, I do not see why they could not do the same for other characters in the next game. For instance, like the topic author said, Mario could have the Tanooki suit or even a Dr. Mario outfit. Luigi could also have the Tanooki suit and maybe a Mr. L outfit. Link could have his blue sweater and khaki trousers from Wind Waker. Marth could have his masked outfit from Awakening. And so on.

As for everything else in the list, I think Smash 4 could do without. (Shrugs) But again, that is just me.

Top Bottom