• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smash bros target audience

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
what do you think smash bros target audience is? like what age group is it aimed at? cos im 13 and i still play smash bros melee all the time, i was just wondering what other people think. am i too old to be still playing smash bros?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
what do you think smash bros target audience is? like what age group is it aimed at? cos im 13 and i still play smash bros melee all the time, i was just wondering what other people think. am i too old to be still playing smash bros?
Everyone... seriously.

I'd say anyone who can pick up a controller and understand the concept of the game, which is maybe 10-40? lol.

C00P

Smash Cadet
21 and loving every second of play:D... keep at it little man

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Heh...I don't think anybody is too old to enjoy any type of video game, but maybe a few.

From the looks of it, like all Smash Games, anyone and anybody who would be interested. Espically for people who love to come up with ideas like "What if Mario fought Kirby. Or what if Bowser actually won a fight against Mario." Those kind of things.

If I had to go for a target age, I'd say about nine years old and up. By then, you have probably picked some characters you hold dear, and seeing a game with them in it fighting other characters is pretty cool and appealing. For people who don't know what games are, this would be a nice introduction to not only fighting games, but to other branches of games.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think there's a range..

Snake is a prime example.
Snake and Pichu. So like 118 to 0. Seriously, who doesn't Solid Snake entertain with his awsomeness, and what little children don't love Pichu=??? (o wait...Pichu is gonna be...CUT! XD) Yep, that one women who lived to be 119 just got screwed over by Sakurai! :laugh:

13...too old to be playing smash=??? Well if that's the case, some of us would be like 20 year olds still wearing pink Barney underwear if we're too old for smash!

:chuckle:

T-major

Smash Champion
am i too old to be still playing smash bros?
your never too old for anything unless your brain is delevoped past those types of activities. that "match the blocks to the hole with the same shape" thing is a good example; most people past the age of 1 have outgrown that, because they are mentally unable to enjoy it.

the target audience would probably be around 6 and up, if you ask me. thats when kids would generally have developed enough corodination skills to be able to play it.

XACE-K

Smash Master
As long as you can play a video game(and beat it) and have some common sense, you can play Brawl. If you want a range, I say 11-35.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
You are not too old to play Smash Bros. Very small children may be too young to play it, but if you're too old to play Smash Bros, you're dead, and no longer care for any earthly delight.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
El Duderino, as much as I like you, I can't have a doppelganger on the forums. :D

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
nah you will never be to old for smash, its a game were nintendo characters decide they are all going to kick eachothers *****. Which is prety cool IMO. I am 16 years old now. The original smash bros was the first game I had ever played. So at the time I was like 8 or so. I'd say anyone who can understand a videogame-anyone who has not gone senial from old age(my gram wouldn't be able to play).

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
ESRB wise, it's Teen(12+?), but really, there's no limit to it, there are some people on these boards that are 20-30 years old, and my little brother who's not even 5 plays it alot WITH HIS FRIENDS.
Smash really is for everyone, except for my parents that is -.-

Level 9

Smash Apprentice
I just turned 25 and have been playing the hell out of Super Mario Galaxy... (which I bought with my birthday money)

Does that tell you I'm too child like for my age?... Well... Perhaps I am... But I am just old enough in my state of mind to not really care...

Mario & Sonic games are my first picks when I go out looking for a new game to buy...

Why?... Why not?... I'll play whatever I feel like playing... Rather if it involves gangsters and guns or cartoony plumbers & dimwitted princess's...

Entertainment is in the eye of the beholder... I'm no different in my hobby then someone who's been collecting mickey mouse stuff...

miller483

Smash Ace
Well I was 6 when I first played Smash Bros. back on N64. I'm 15 now. (turning 16 in 7 days! w00t!). So I guess it could be from ages 6+.

Personally, I think that Smash's target audience are Nintendo fans.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Personally, I think that Smash's target audience are Nintendo fans.
Couldn't have said it better myself...

But for the series as a whole in my opinion...
64 was rated E, which is suitable for 6 and up. The game was superb for that, but probably died down around 25. But, of course, people older then that could still take a seat with the controller and still enjoy it.

Meanwhile, Melee earned itself a T (I still think E was fine...). T is classified as 13 and up, although I started at 10-12 (can't remember). Regardless, the game was suitable for anyone as low as 8, to about 30 years old. As with 64, people older then 30 could probably still enjoy the game.

Finally, the inevitable rating of Brawl. Personally, I think it is going to get the E10 rating, meaning anyone age 10 and up. But maybe a T like its brother Melee.... either rating will still probably mean people between, say, 7-10 as the low players, and maybe 30 for the oldest. As I've said with the other two, an older player may still play and enjoy the game exceptionally.

Overall, I'm going to say the target age group for the series would be between 8-30.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Youre kidding right? I'm 16, and a junior in High school. I know TONS AND TONS of college students, other high school students (in fact, at my school we had a torunament the other day, I made it to the final four out of 30 :chuckle:) and even adults who play.

THeres no specific age group targeted by smash bros. Its meant for everyone, its fun for just about everyone and its played by all ages and what have you.

Top Bottom