• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Nintendo 3DS XL Announced in UK

Would you buy a Smash Bros. Special Edition 3DS XL?

• Yes

Votes: 225 74.3%
  • No

Votes: 78 25.7%

• Total voters

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Earlier today, Nintendo UK announced that a Smash Bros. themed 3DS XL is now available for preorder. It comes with Smash 3DS pre-installed and has a red background with an extended image of Smash 3DS' boxart. While this bundle may eventually come to North American shores as well, the UK is currently the only known place that will receive this special edition 3DS. It will release on October 3, 2014.

Smash promotions are ramping up - here's the first Smash 3DS commercial!

If you do happen to be from the UK, pre-order here! Do you expect to see this bundle make its way to Japan and America? Would you have designed it differently? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit wants everyone to know that if you're not from the UK... you can commiserate with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I don't care if I already have a 3DS XL, I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Master Jelly

Smash Cadet
I would rather have one with just a smash logo on it, this one just looks crowded and a little ugly imo. That on top of only a digital copy? No thanks.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Eh, to be honest, it doesn't look they great.

It just looks like a white decal put over a Red 3DSXL.
I would have preferred a simple Smash Ball design.

And also, I would have preferred a physical copy over a digital one.

Good thing I still have my Red X&Y XL.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looks almost what I expected. I thought it'd be either a red and white XL with the SSB symbol and all that, or a red and black XL with some SSB-specific decals (this one excluding the characters). Pretty cool.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I kinda wish each character was individually colored. But I already have one, so no.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
I might. My 3DS is wearing down, and that thing just looks SO BEAUTIFUL!
But, I have a question: can you do a data transfer to a system with a pre-installed game and keep the pre-installed game on the target system?

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
ive been waiting for a smash 3ds xl bundle.
1 I don't want to play smash on my dinky 3ds screen
2 smash is my favorite series and now I can have a smash themed 3ds xl
3 smash comes pre installed
4 I hope the wii u has a smash bundle too.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I hope this comes to the States. I need a 3DS for Smash and nothing can be better for that than a Smash themed 3DS.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
If it had been purple, or maybe silver like the Mario and Luigi one, I would have wanted it, but red? I'll stick with my gold Zelda 3DS, thanks.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I waited for this exact thing and it paid off.....but now it won't come to the states because Sakurai :troll:.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Looks cool but like some one said instead of the whole thing, the smash ball would have been better as well.

In hindsight, I think I prefer this 3DS XL more:

The Smash one is beautiful (not as much as the one above) and is a bit too cluttered.

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Have you ever put a sticker on a binder for School and by the end of the school year, you want to scream every time you see it?
... Maybe I'm the only one....

Anyway, that's how I feel about 3DS's with designs on them... yeah it looks cool, but even if it's art from my FAVORITE game of all time... I'd get sick of looking at it. I'll stick with my plain black 3DS XL.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Hideous. Why couldn't they have done a tasteful 3DS with the Smash logo?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I really want this but I own a 3DS already and if I were to transfer my data over from my other 3DS it would overwrite the digital copy of Smash.

I might just have to buy a regular 3DS XL.

I like the design... Kind of. I would have preferred the Smash ball logo but I can just plaster my own with stickers, right?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Already have a 3DS, so I probably won't buy this.
Another problem with the smash styled 3DS:
It looks a little... Cheap. It's just the characters on the boxart looking a little cartoony and the title printed in black and white on a red 3DS XL :laugh: . The should've went something more simple like put the smash emblem on it.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
I really want this but I own a 3DS already and if I were to transfer my data over from my other 3DS it would overwrite the digital copy of Smash.
Are you sure about that? I just pre-ordered the Smash 3DS because I thought a system transfer merged the two consoles' purchases.

Edit: I just checked on the official site:

• After the transfer, downloaded software or save data which was stored on the SD Card of the target system can no longer be used. This means that any content you have already downloaded to your new system will be overwritten when you transfer data from your old system. However, as the Nintendo eShop accounts are integrated into one during the transfer, software can be re-downloaded from Nintendo eShop.

Last edited:

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
Doesn't look as awesome as I'd hoped, but I'd still buy it if I could afford it. I've been meaning to get an XL because my 3DS battery is so terrible. Thing doesn't even last 4 hours.:(

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I would buy the bundle if it would have a physical version of the game instead of a pre-installed version.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
The funny thing is that when you're playing your 3DS and it is open, the image is upside-down.

Malion

Smash Ace
AC adapter not included?
Is that normal for the UK 3ds?
Seems kind of weird not to include a way to charge it.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
If I didn't already have the Zelda 3DS then sure, but I'm not to sell or buy another 3DS just because it looks cool.

Berrial

Smash Cadet
Unless the circle pad is a smash ball, I probably wont get it.
I'd also prefer a physical copy, I hate digital ones to be honest.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Does it piss anyone else off that even in the extended image, DK nor Fox are included?

Top Bottom