• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smash bros ds game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
:laugh: That would be nice, but it probably couldn't be as competitive, and that's what I enjoy about Smash. If that happened, Nintendo would probably keep degrading the depth of the series...

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
No. I don't think it could happen and if it did, it might suck. I mean there's like what 10 buttons on a DS. How would you do tilts if there is no control stick. It would be weird...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
They'd fidure out something, but I don't want the depth to sink even lower...

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Uh... They would add a control stick pack to put into the GBA slot, like Guitar Hero's.

(But that probably wouldn't happen because the DSi doesn't have one...)

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
No. I don't think it could happen and if it did, it might suck. I mean there's like what 10 buttons on a DS. How would you do tilts if there is no control stick. It would be weird...
I know, right? Without a control stick, how could you possibly do tilts? It's not like a certain controller already does that in Brawl.

Mittenkiss

Smash Cadet
I always thought about that ever since melee was around.
Super smash brothers for GBA and when the DS came out, Super smash bros for DS.
Haha.

I wouldn't think it'd happen though.
If it did, I'd probably get it.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I was just thinking about this recently... I don't think they would do it, but why couldn't they do tilts like they do with the Wiimote held sideways? (hold+attack=tilt attack, double tap+attack=smash attack) The only difference is they would have more buttons, so they don't have to make "d-pad up" jump.

I think there's enough buttons for everything...

Dpad=Movement (Double tap left or right to dash/run, and double tap up to jump?)
Y=Special Attack
B=Normal Attack
A=Jump
Y=Taunt/Jump?
L=Shield
R (or L+B)=Grab
Select=Taunt?

(Almost the same as using a GameCube controller... Except replacing the R trigger with the Z button)

I think it would be really cool, But I really doubt they would make it... Maybe for the portable system after the DS... :p

EDIT:
hmm, some sort of smash64 port would be interesting. It would need wi-fi and multi player capabilities though.
Maybe if they used the 64 engine (or a similar engine) and added some of the more recent characters to it...

Darkurai

Smash Master
I think we can all agree this is currently the worst thread on Smashboards.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Even worse idea when Halo Racing.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
SSB4 Thread this is suppose to go to, and I think it's a bad idea if they set this game for the DS.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
It's a nice though but would suck in reality, since without joystick play, how are you gong to SMASH, the whole premise behind the game?

Plus online play will be just as bad, and it will also suck when playing with friends, it would take way to long to set everything up, just look at Bomberman Land Touch 2. ughhhh.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
For those saying "Omg, it would suck" check out Jump Superstars and Jump Ultimate Stars on DS. It's unfortunately japanese only, but it is very "Smashy"

That said, SB4 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom