• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Announcements Galore! Watch Here

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Mewtwo.. wow just wow. I hope he is never allowed to be used in tournaments. Just pretend like he doesn't exist. If you use him you seriously have no pride whatsoever.

Classic Nintendo, they'd sell their souls and their children if they could. No other gaming company gets away with this level of greedy bull**** that sucks for consumers.

For some reason people who play Nintendo games are really gullible compared to other gamers. Sorry but that's a fact, no other group of gamers would put up with **** like this. They are trying to milk every last penny out of Smash Bros 4 because they know people will buy it anyway since their lineup isn't good.

So let's see, if you already own BOTH a Wii U and a 3DS the cost to enjoy the full game with gamecube controllers is now what? 130 dollars?

If you lack either console the cost skyrockets even though it's already up in the sky.

GJR78

Smash Rookie
NNID
GJR-7.8
This was, *hands down* the best Smash video. Ever. Period.

It's also worth mentioning that the announcer is a darn good announcer. Only the way he spoke in this video REALLY got the hype up!
I hyped myself into a migraine while watching this.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
As an avid Mewtwo fan who just got my wish granted I want to say i'm sorry to you Ridley fans out there, at least one of us got our character so that some of the nay sayers could be silenced

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
And do take notice of the fact that the narrator sounds like he's talking to little kids when he's talking to you consumers. It is also disgusting how he talks about stuff that was in Brawl like it's new features.

8 player smash tho. Dem teambattles.

Last edited:

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
Ridley supporters just wanted a character in a game you would also have enjoyed and you are now happy that they aren't going to get it? That's beyond being selfish. This a schadenfreude. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I love this direct. I love it with all my heart. Except for one thing.

The Ridley haters and fans alike will both be 10x more annoying now.
Sure, the haters say the fans will finally shut up. THAT'S GREAT. HOW ABOUT YOU SHUT UP NOW TOO.

Haters will rub it in the faces of fans. Fans will respond angrily. Smashboards will be ripped apart. Unfortunately, there was no way to avoid this - if Ridley was DLC, the same would happen in reverse.

I would have just not said anything about Ridley and all and let the fans figure it out when the games come out.
I've written a speech or two about these type of situations. :)

SegaFan1992

Smash Rookie
so who is ready for 8 player smash? yes that's right now we can have 8 times the fox only final destination no items!

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Nope still not getting Smash4

Brawl is still better in many ways and Smash4 has its ways (*cough* new characters only *cough*).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Voice Chat.

HD Bowser Jr.

8 Player Smash.

HD Bowser Jr.

Team battles online with friends.

HD Bowser Jr.

Great Cave Offensive and Jungle Hijinks.

HD Bowser Jr.

Smash Tour.

HD Bowser Jr.

Mewtwo.

HD BOWSER JR.

Stage Builder.

HD BOWSER JR.
And don't forget HD koopalings :chuckle:

MainJPW

M.T.A
All you Ridley haters need to realize that he's not JUST a boss, the announcer made that pretty clear, he even has a stock icon and gets K.Oed just like playable fighters! I'm hyped enough about the fact that you can fight ALONG SIDE him, the best thing next to being playable if you ask me!

Wavebird

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo.. wow just wow. I hope he is never allowed to be used in tournaments. Just pretend like he doesn't exist. If you use him you seriously have no pride whatsoever.

Classic Nintendo, they'd sell their souls and their children if they could. No other gaming company gets away with this level of greedy bull**** that sucks for consumers.

For some reason people who play Nintendo games are really gullible compared to other gamers. Sorry but that's a fact, no other group of gamers would put up with **** like this. They are trying to milk every last penny out of Smash Bros 4 because they know people will buy it anyway since their lineup isn't good.

So let's see, if you already own BOTH a Wii U and a 3DS the cost to enjoy the full game with gamecube controllers is now what? 130 dollars?

If you lack either console the cost skyrockets even though it's already up in the sky.
I buy very few games if I can support and keep getting dlc for said game call me a sucker but ill take it

Shog

Smash Ace
All you Ridley haters need to realize that he's not JUST a boss, the announcer made that pretty clear, he even has a stock icon and gets K.Oed just like playable fighters! I'm hyped enough about the fact that you can fight ALONG SIDE him, the best thing next to being playable if you ask me!
EXACTLY! If Ridley fans here a complaining, I actually think they aren't fans. Ridley is literally like "Master Hand" in Melee: I bet with Glitches you could play as him, no kidding!

I mean where are the Ridley Fans here? Yes we don't get to play as him, but he SIDES UP WITH YOU; HAS AN STOCK ICON AND CAN GET KO'ED!! GET HYPED!!!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I was a pseudo-Ridley supporter and I'm quite pleased about his role as a stage boss... HOWEVER, there is no reason for Ridley haters to celebrate the cause of major disappointment for tons of your fellow Smashboarders.

Would it have reaaaally bothered you that much if he became playable? Do you forget that everyone here is here for the same reason? Love of Smash! Quit being rude!

Bomber913

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferrer3
3DS FC
3523-2231-5548
WHY IS IT NOT NOVEMBER 21ST?!?! I NEED THAT GAME IN MY WII U NOW!!

Enchlore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enchlore
I love that over-the-top announcer. "BOY! IS IT GOOD TO LINE THEM UP LIKE THIS!" "You can play with a 3DS GGGAAAAAMEPAAAAAAAAD!!!"

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
The Ridley haters and fans alike will both be 10x more annoying now.
Sure, the haters say the fans will finally shut up. THAT'S GREAT. HOW ABOUT YOU SHUT UP NOW TOO
Hey, I hated Ridley because the fans are so annoying, they're won't shut the **** up and shove there opions in our throats. and I can gladly say that Ridley fans won't shut it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I mean, I may not be happy the speculation ended up being pointless and time-wasting, but it really is a relief to finally see closure after more than a year of heat; wouldn't you agree?
No kidding. I was literally pointless to begin with.

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
"Anyone expecting new character reveals from the stream are only hurting themselves"

I have returned unscathed.
It's more of a cautionary thing, really. Go in expecting something and you'll be happy if it happens but extremely bitter if it doesn't. Go in hoping something and you'll be ecstatic if it happens but slightly disappointed if it doesn't.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
So let's see, if you already own BOTH a Wii U and a 3DS the cost to enjoy the full game with gamecube controllers is now what? 200 dollars (lan-adapter, game for both 3ds and Wii U, gc controller adapter - 2x for 8 player mode)? add a couple of gc controllers and were talking around 300. If you lack either a Wii u or a 3DS were talking so much cash you could buy a nice PC. This is for 1 game. 1 game. How can you guys continue to support this company? They deserve to be publicly shamed not endorsed.

And there will be more costs, trust me. Those features they are working on? I'm sure they can find a way to make you pay for those as well.

Last edited:

Kevbot34

Smash Rookie
Well, I won't be getting Mewtwo. Hopefully he can be paid DLC, because that's a lot cheaper than getting a 3DS game, too, lol

GarrisLee

Smash Cadet
So let's see, if you already own BOTH a Wii U and a 3DS the cost to enjoy the full game with gamecube controllers is now what? 200 dollars (lan-adapter, game for both 3ds and Wii U, gc controller adapter - 2x for 8 player mode)? add a couple of gc controllers and were talking around 300. If you lack either a Wii u or a 3DS were talking so much cash you could buy a nice PC. This is for 1 game. 1 game. How can you guys continue to support this company? They deserve to be publicly shamed not endorsed.
Dude you make no sense please disappear

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
To the people who are cheering about Ridley being a boss, remember when characters you wanted were deconfirmed? Don't be a jerk.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
This is a huge troll. Do you realize smash has near infinite replay value compared to most console games, even multiplayer ones? This is worth as much as a console purchase for pete's sake. You get a bonus character and two free soundtrack CDs for buying both. The CDs are worth $30 anyway...

Last edited:

Yellowlump

Smash Rookie
Hey! Brand new here! I heard someone say snake was mentioned, can someone tell me where please? Also how so I reply to someone/quote them like I see people doing? Many Thanks!

Top Bottom