• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Announcements Galore! Watch Here

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Mewtwo.. wow just wow. I hope he is never allowed to be used in tournaments. Just pretend like he doesn't exist. If you use him you seriously have no pride whatsoever.

Classic Nintendo, they'd sell their souls and their children if they could. No other gaming company gets away with this level of greedy bull**** that sucks for consumers.

For some reason people who play Nintendo games are really gullible compared to other gamers. Sorry but that's a fact, no other group of gamers would put up with **** like this. They are trying to milk every last penny out of Smash Bros 4 because they know people will buy it anyway since their lineup isn't good.

So let's see, if you already own BOTH a Wii U and a 3DS the cost to enjoy the full game with gamecube controllers is now what? 130 dollars?

If you lack either console the cost skyrockets even though it's already up in the sky.
You are completely and totally 100% delusional in every sense of the word.

Do you honestly think Sony and Microsoft don't pull the same crap?? The only difference between them an Nintendo is that they started doing it YEARS ago and Nintendo just wised up on how to get the most bang for their buck.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
[collapse=Collection Of The Biggest Jerks You'll Ever See!]
Before anybody else opens their mouth about it....
RIDLEY DECONFIRMED!!!!!
(he's a stage boss on Pyrosphere and nothing more. Deal with it!)
Well, Ridley is officially a stage boss! That'll shut all those Ridley supporters up!

RIDLEY DECONFIRMED. YAAAS.
THANK F'ING GOD RIDELY GOT DECOMFIRMED!!!

That will shut everyone up finally.
Ridley fans got BTFO and everything was hype.
[/collapse]OH MY GOD SMASH 4 WII U LOOKS AMAZING! Sure, we didn't get playable Ridley...but good god, ONE OF THE BIG THREE ACTUALLY MADE IT INTO THE GAME! I gotta say, though, I find it baffling that Sakurai made one of the most requested characters ALMOST PLAYABLE, I mean, he has a full moveset, he counts as a fighter, he fights againist you and with you, he even has a goddamn Final Smash...I mean, he's basically a playable character, except you can't choose him at the character selection screen, I'd be crazy if I didn't think this was incredibly bizarre, someone ought to ask Sakurai on an interview, to see if he's really a toobigot. Like most of these little terrorists that celebrate a character being deconfirmed.

Damn, the hype levels are off the charts, awesome Bowser Jr. trailer (Hey, DHD's trailer wasn't actually the big reveal, how about that!?), Smashboard gamemode, 8-Player Smash, gigantic stages, I mean there were some crappy things, like past stages being used as filler, and not getting Bowser's Castle, but god damn, it's impossible to not be excited about this, the Wii U version's easily a 9/10 when factoring in Mewtwo. See how you can actually be a good developer when you try, Sakurai?

On another note, it's really nice to finally get some closure, now we can start speculating for Smash5 Ridley! Also, does anyone else find the fact that Ridley's stock icon is Super Metroid Ridley weird? Did Sakurai have Ridley playable at some point and then scrapped him?

C'mon, Sakurai, at least clarify some of this bizarreness with a Famitsu column.

As a whole, I'm really satisfied with this since we got Mewtwo, at least Ridley and K.Rool fans can find peace in the fact that we lost to Mewtwo, not Duck Hunt Dog, Greninja or Wii Fit Trainer. Also, I also want to put here all the stupid things pessimistic haters (Ridley haters included here too) said that were wrong:

- Sakurai would never announce DLC before the game releases.
- Mewtwo's not relevant anymore.
- The Japanese fanbase doesn't care about Ridley and neither does Sakurai (Hell, I wouldn't put so much goddamn effort into something I don't care about).
- WE WON'T BE GETTING ANY NEW CHARACTERS, "YOU'RE DELUSIONAL".

We Big Three supporters got a win and we Ridley fans got a second place silver trophy, so actually, YOU LOST, HATERS! Go troll some other fanbase because...

Last edited:

drewhockley

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4339-2953-4831
So let's see, if you already own BOTH a Wii U and a 3DS the cost to enjoy the full game with gamecube controllers is now what? 200 dollars (lan-adapter, game for both 3ds and Wii U, gc controller adapter - 2x for 8 player mode)? add a couple of gc controllers and were talking around 300. If you lack either a Wii u or a 3DS were talking so much cash you could buy a nice PC. This is for 1 game. 1 game. How can you guys continue to support this company? They deserve to be publicly shamed not endorsed.

And there will be more costs, trust me. Those features they are working on? I'm sure they can find a way to make you pay for those as well.
why are you here?

Redd500

Smash Apprentice

[/collapse]OH MY GOD SMASH 4 WII U LOOKS AMAZING! Sure, we didn't get playable Ridley...but good god, ONE OF THE BIG THREE ACTUALLY MADE IT INTO THE GAME! I gotta say, though, I find it baffling that Sakurai made one of the most requested characters ALMOST PLAYABLE, I mean, he has a full moveset, he counts as a fighter, he fights againist you and with you, he even has a goddamn Final Smash...I mean, he's basically a playable character, except you can't choose him at the character selection screen, I'd be crazy if I didn't think this was incredibly bizarre, someone ought to ask Sakurai on an interview, to see if he's really a toobigot. Like most of these little terrorists that celebrate a character being deconfirmed.

Damn, the hype levels are off the charts, awesome Bowser Jr. trailer (Hey, DHD's trailer wasn't actually the big reveal, how about that!?), Smashboard gamemode, 8-Player Smash, gigantic stages, I mean there were some crappy things, like past stages being used as filler, and not getting Bowser's Castle, but god damn, it's impossible to not be excited about this, the Wii U version's easily a 9/10 when factoring in Mewtwo. See how you can actually be a good developer when you try, Sakurai?

On another note, it's really nice to finally get some closure, now we can start speculating for Smash5 Ridley! Also, does anyone else find the fact that Ridley's stock icon is Super Metroid Ridley weird? Did Sakurai have Ridley playable at some point and then scrapped him?

C'mon, Sakurai, at least clarify some of this bizarreness with a Famitsu column.
I think Sakurai just thinks Ridley is better suited as a boss character than a playable one.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
So let's see, if you already own BOTH a Wii U and a 3DS the cost to enjoy the full game with gamecube controllers is now what? 200 dollars (lan-adapter, game for both 3ds and Wii U, gc controller adapter - 2x for 8 player mode)? add a couple of gc controllers and were talking around 300. If you lack either a Wii u or a 3DS were talking so much cash you could buy a nice PC. This is for 1 game. 1 game. How can you guys continue to support this company? They deserve to be publicly shamed not endorsed.

Ha. I know you're trolling, but lets go.

1)not that many people will buy the lan adapter
2)8 player smash will use the other control options, not two gamecube adapters.
3)300 isn't anywhere near enough for a nice pc.

Last edited:

Chaoseater

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Did anyone notice why point #11 was Ridley?

It's because #11 is Sakurai's symbol for his two middle fingers ****ing off all Ridley's supporters.

**** you Ridley supporters!!!!!!

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Hope Mewtwo is available as paid DLC for people who don't want both versions.

Also, lol at people saying the Wii U would have a much better stage roster than 3ds competitively. Based on the stages shown, that is not likely.
There is like only 5 good stages on 3DS I have seen atleast 10 for the Wii U version

GaMeR N1CK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3582-8458-4207
so mewtwos back as a dlc character which makes me wonder if there is any chance of :wolf:,:lucas:, or:popo:. Could this mean that the extra space IS for dlc characters? Like, they LITERALLY made :wolf: and :lucas: specials into custom movesets for their counter parts and i couldnt understand why.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm happy for Mewto! I'm getting both version of the game, so I'll get him!
I always wanted to use him in Melee but he sucked so hard (weak moves and slow, with lag), I hope this time he will be a bit more powerful.
Anyway, I think it was planned since the beginning, his exclusion over Doctor Mario always looked strange.
I hope he will not have a counter, and I hope he will be a bit different than Lucario.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I think Sakurai just thinks Ridley is better suited as a boss character than a playable one.
That's actually a little dumb reasoning since I've always seen Bowser, Ganondorf and King Dedede as strictly boss characters, especially Ganondorf, but that's the great thing about Smash, it lets you play as characters you wouldn't be able to play as in any other game.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
No kidding. It was literally pointless to begin with.
...Maaaybe. Again, this was going against the director's pattern of disconfirming characters, and I credit him some for trying to hide this pattern. No one even thought to think Ridley would be this advanced, either, giving people the belief Sakurai was being a troll.

...But looking back at it from a developer standpoint, I can understand why he wanted to instead strike a balance, and make him the closest thing to a fighter as possible while keeping his key features. So maybe he really was trying to tease with something vastly unique, after all... I just wish it didn't take more than a year to finally get it out, leaving room for alot of unnecisarry fights. :/

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

As a whole, I'm really satisfied with this since we got Mewtwo, at least Ridley and K.Rool fans can find peace in the fact that we lost to Mewtwo, not Duck Hunt Dog, Greninja or Wii Fit Trainer. Also, I also want to put here all the stupid things pessimistic haters (Ridley haters included here too) said that were wrong:

- Sakurai would never announce DLC before the game releases.
- Mewtwo's not relevant anymore.
- The Japanese fanbase doesn't care about Ridley and neither does Sakurai (Hell, I wouldn't put so much goddamn effort into something I don't care about).
- WE WON'T BE GETTING ANY NEW CHARACTERS, "YOU'RE DELUSIONAL".

We Big Three supporters got a win and we Ridley fans got a second place silver trophy, so actually, YOU LOST, HATERS! Go troll some other fanbase because...
Glad your happy..? But it isnt good to gloat at all, on either sides.

That's actually a little dumb reasoning since I've always seen Bowser, Ganondorf and King Dedede as strictly boss characters, especially Ganondorf, but that's the great thing about Smash, it lets you play as characters you wouldn't be able to play as in any other game.
Being totally serious right now... you saw how large he was, right?

Last edited:

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
Well, Bowser, Ganondorf, and Dedede also have personalities while Ridley just seems to be a big scary monster for you to defeat in the Metroid games.

Also, a reminder to EVERYONE HERE that childish behavior begets childish behavior, no matter the side that it occurs on. This isn't really going to do much, but at the very least I can say I tried.

Last edited:

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice

And there will be more costs, trust me. Those features they are working on? I'm sure they can find a way to make you pay for those as well.
Yes, how dare a corporation try to make money. Why can't they just continue to operate at a massive loss for the 4th straight year in a row?

I doubt you've heard of the stuff EA or Capcom have been doing, or your head would have quite probably exploded by now. I can't say I agree with this either but you're seriously overreacting.

Last edited:

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent

This is nothing new. Haters gon' hate.

Last edited:

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Ha. I know you're trolling, but lets go.

1)not that many people will buy the lan adapter
2)8 player smash will use the other control options, not two gamecube adapters.
3)300 isn't anywhere near enough for a nice pc.
1. Irrelevant, you still need it. Compatibility not guaranteed for 3rd party adapters.
2. Okay, 8 player smash sucks then.
3. 300+the cost for a new 3ds for the 3ds version if you want Mewtwo. You might not actually need a 3ds console though so that was hastily written sorry.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I'm betting that Ridley was originally planned as a fighter, seeing as how he has a mini-head and counts towards your KO total. Very disappointed that he is not playable, but at least they didn't **** him up as a boss. Mewtwo certainly softens the blow though. So hype for that, 8 player matches, and the stage builder.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Glad your happy..? But it isnt good to gloat at all, on either sides.
Being totally serious right now... you saw how large he was, right?
I can gloat all I want, and yes, I saw how large he was, I also saw how he could work perfectly with the same moves and behavior, only slightly smaller. Too Big will always, ALWAYS be a stupid, senseless argument, no exceptions.
Well, Bowser, Ganondorf, and Dedede also have personalities while Ridley just seems to be a big scary monster for you to defeat in the Metroid games.
You obviously haven't played many Metroid games, anyone not familiar with these franchises would label them as simply bad guys, but Ridley actually has a personality, a personality that makes him even more threatening, he's smart, cunning, and he's also kind of cowardly, preferring to flee over getting himself killed. I'm really not sure about cloneRidley's intelligence, since he seems a little less aware.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
You are completely and totally 100% delusional in every sense of the word.

Do you honestly think Sony and Microsoft don't pull the same crap?? The only difference between them an Nintendo is that they started doing it YEARS ago and Nintendo just wised up on how to get the most bang for their buck.
Oh they do, but they keep it reasonable. They don't make things off the charts expensive. And no Nintendo did this with the N64, they just didn't use DLC they used other additions to milk their consumers, know your ****.

Kevbot34

Smash Rookie
Hey! Brand new here! I heard someone say snake was mentioned, can someone tell me where please? Also how so I reply to someone/quote them like I see people doing? Many Thanks!
To reply, simply hit the reply button in the bottom right, and it will show up like I am doing right now! As for Snake, he was mentioned when they revealed about Pit talking to Uprising characters in Palutena's Temple stage. No confirmation of DLC or anything ridiculous, but the mention has made people excited that he may be considered. Hope that helps!

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Oh they do, but they keep it reasonable. They don't make things off the charts expensive. And no Nintendo did this with the N64, they just didn't use DLC they used other additions to milk their consumers, know your ****.
I'm baffled by the fact that you're not happy about us getting Mewtwo, no matter how. Also, the Kid Icarus codecs are seriously sweet, and they even have FIRE EMBLEM CAMEOS! Doc Louis codecs would've been cool, though.

Last edited:

Yellowlump

Smash Rookie
This is fantastic! 8 player smash sounded crazy and too frantic for me at first, but no longer! The new stages are fan-dabby-dozy and Temple in HD is beautiful. Bowser Jr Trailer was nice, and as soon as I saw the feet at the end I KNEW it was Mewtwo. I don't know how many people realize just how brilliant is is. This opens up the door for many more characters or possibly stages to come in DLC! Agree with me? Disagree? Share your opinions! Many Thanks!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
so mewtwos back as a dlc character which makes me wonder if there is any chance of :wolf:,:lucas:, or:popo:. Could this mean that the extra space IS for dlc characters? Like, they LITERALLY made :wolf: and :lucas: specials into custom movesets for their counter parts and i couldnt understand why.
Actually Fox just has Wolf Flash So I'd say Wolf is next in line for DLC after Mewtwo, maybe he'll be confirmed in or after Duck Hunt's trailer.
Lucas has all his specials and a few a attacks( I think) merged into Ness.
:wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf:DLC PLEASE!!!!!!

rock12et

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rock12et
Switch FC
7918-6826-7763
mewtwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo0o0ooooo000oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yellowlump

Smash Rookie
To reply, simply hit the reply button in the bottom right, and it will show up like I am doing right now! As for Snake, he was mentioned when they revealed about Pit talking to Uprising characters in Palutena's Temple stage. No confirmation of DLC or anything ridiculous, but the mention has made people excited that he may be considered. Hope that helps!
Help, this does indeed! Many Thanks!

Shog

Smash Ace
I honestly don't care who won, but you made such a great post...

BUT SERIOUSLY HATERS AND ESPECIALLY FANS

How can't you see that Ridley is an even better Assist Trophy or basically a CHARACTER? He is literally, Melee Master Hand or a CPU Team mate!

I mean...why do I have to say it again and again? LOOK AT IT, HE DIES OFFSCREEN LIKE A CHARACTER FFS!!! HAS A STOCK ICON, HAS A GRAB LEDGE. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE FOR A "SILVER TROPHY"?!

Top Bottom