• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Announcements Galore! Watch Here

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I can gloat all I want, and yes, I saw how large he was, I also saw how he could work perfectly with the same moves and behavior, only slightly smaller. Too Big will always, ALWAYS be a stupid, senseless argument, no exceptions.
Eh since this is going to start nothing but an argument I'll stop here.. but hey, I'm getting both games anyway so it doesn't matter to me, Both games are good to me. Still, glad your happy at least

Last edited:

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
why are you here?
I'm baffled by the fact that you're not happy about us getting Mewtwo, no matter how. Also, the Kid Icarus codecs are seriously sweet, and they even have FIRE EMBLEM CAMEOS! Doc Louis codecs would've been cool, though.
Did you know that some people live in places where costs like these are actually really hard to handle?

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
[collapse=Collection Of The Biggest Jerks You'll Ever See!]

[/collapse]OH MY GOD SMASH 4 WII U LOOKS AMAZING! Sure, we didn't get playable Ridley...but good god, ONE OF THE BIG THREE ACTUALLY MADE IT INTO THE GAME! I gotta say, though, I find it baffling that Sakurai made one of the most requested characters ALMOST PLAYABLE, I mean, he has a full moveset, he counts as a fighter, he fights againist you and with you, he even has a goddamn Final Smash...I mean, he's basically a playable character, except you can't choose him at the character selection screen, I'd be crazy if I didn't think this was incredibly bizarre, someone ought to ask Sakurai on an interview, to see if he's really a toobigot. Like most of these little terrorists that celebrate a character being deconfirmed.

Damn, the hype levels are off the charts, awesome Bowser Jr. trailer (Hey, DHD's trailer wasn't actually the big reveal, how about that!?), Smashboard gamemode, 8-Player Smash, gigantic stages, I mean there were some crappy things, like past stages being used as filler, and not getting Bowser's Castle, but god damn, it's impossible to not be excited about this, the Wii U version's easily a 9/10 when factoring in Mewtwo. See how you can actually be a good developer when you try, Sakurai?

On another note, it's really nice to finally get some closure, now we can start speculating for Smash5 Ridley! Also, does anyone else find the fact that Ridley's stock icon is Super Metroid Ridley weird? Did Sakurai have Ridley playable at some point and then scrapped him?

C'mon, Sakurai, at least clarify some of this bizarreness with a Famitsu column.

As a whole, I'm really satisfied with this since we got Mewtwo, at least Ridley and K.Rool fans can find peace in the fact that we lost to Mewtwo, not Duck Hunt Dog, Greninja or Wii Fit Trainer. Also, I also want to put here all the stupid things pessimistic haters (Ridley haters included here too) said that were wrong:

- Sakurai would never announce DLC before the game releases.
- Mewtwo's not relevant anymore.
- The Japanese fanbase doesn't care about Ridley and neither does Sakurai (Hell, I wouldn't put so much goddamn effort into something I don't care about).
- WE WON'T BE GETTING ANY NEW CHARACTERS, "YOU'RE DELUSIONAL".

We Big Three supporters got a win and we Ridley fans got a second place silver trophy, so actually, YOU LOST, HATERS! Go troll some other fanbase because...
It's amazing how much you like this game now a character has been confirmed.

And calling others a jerk doesn't exactly make you look good either.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Actually Fox just has Wolf Flash So I'd say Wolf is next in line for DLC after Mewtwo, maybe he'll be confirmed in or after Duck Hunt's trailer.
Lucas has all his specials and a few a attacks( I think) merged into Ness.
:wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf:DLC PLEASE!!!!!!
The Lucas "inspired" attacks aren't close to Lucas' what so ever trust me I main both :p

Shog

Smash Ace
It's amazing how much you like this game now a character has been confirmed.
How is this amazing? He was obviously annoyed that the 3DS version was lackluster (no item frequency dafuq?) and didn't have atleast one "hype" character. To me this isn't that suprising to be honest

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
How is this amazing? He was obviously annoyed that the 3DS version was lackluster (no item frequency dafuq?) and didn't have atleast one "hype" character. To me this isn't that suprising to be honest
I think he Downright HATED and detested the 3DS version beause it didnt have characters he wanted. Now that it does, the game is alright.
"oh look, a character I like is in the game now, The game is good now"
and does calling other people jerks make you a better person?

Last edited:

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
I can gloat all I want, and yes, I saw how large he was, I also saw how he could work perfectly with the same moves and behavior, only slightly smaller. Too Big will always, ALWAYS be a stupid, senseless argument, no exceptions.

You obviously haven't played many Metroid games, anyone not familiar with these franchises would label them as simply bad guys, but Ridley actually has a personality, a personality that makes him even more threatening, he's smart, cunning, and he's also kind of cowardly, preferring to flee over getting himself killed. I'm really not sure about cloneRidley's intelligence, since he seems a little less aware.
But he doesn't really show emotions or anything that a player can use to tell that he has a personality. People would play as him and feel like they were playing as a huge monster that wants to kill everyone rather than a villain with goals and emotions. Also, size is a pretty big part of why Ridley is, well, Ridley. It's a reason why he's so threatening. Get rid of that and he just loses his punch.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
I never mained Mewtwo, but my brother does. I'm happy for him and everyone else who wanted Mewtwo back.

Also, anyone else find it weird how they showed Jigglypuff in the entire thing, but didn't add her to the site, and added G&W instead? And that Bowser Jr. was revealed and not Duck Hunt, considering Sakurai teased their announcement trailer back on Tuesday?

RedRambo4

Smash Cadet
I actually like what they did with Ridley...even though he isn't a character, he's still in there.

GarrisLee

Smash Cadet
Well, on revision of my comment, I realized that it's the most confusing joke ever because you can see it from two different angles and still agree with it. If that makes any sense.
I still kinda don't see the joke part but I see that some people have so I don't really know maybe it's just me being stupid I can't think to much right now cause I have a headache

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Did anyone notice why point #11 was Ridley?

It's because #11 is Sakurai's symbol for his two middle fingers ****ing off all Ridley's supporters.

**** you Ridley supporters!!!!!!
Ow, jeez! There's a thing called feelings! ;_;

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm sad with what he did with Great Cave Offensive. I was expecting something more interesting. Instead it's a Hazard hell.

Only thing that appealed to me was the paint feature and music. I guess I'm on the fence about the Wii U version. Might not be worth getting if I play on the 3DS. I dunno. I'll have to think about it.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I would've loved it if as they were revealing Mewtwo they just slapped a pic of Greninja right as they got to the face just to mess with people.

Anyway I'm really glad Mewtwo is coming back for two reasons, I love Mewtwo and those like myself can put down concerns of lack of DLC due to trophies, not gonna lie I thought Mewtwo's chances at DLC were dead the moment I unlocked the Mewtwo trophy on the 3DS version so veterans like Wolf and Lucas may actually have a chance at returning and maybe even Ice Climbers if they take the time to figure out how to work around the 3DS problem, and of course there's room for more newcomers and potential costumes (Protoman costume for Megaman please.)

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see Mewtwo returned. As for Ridley, at least he got into Smash 4. Overall, that was a fun Direct to watched.

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
No reason to piss on Ridley supporters just because there are a lot of them. I kind of feel like Sakurai either got one more troll in by showing that Ridley even has a stock icon head, or maybe that just means he was planned as a character but sucked at it. I'm disappointed that he isn't playable. I guess dlc is possible, but I don't see it happening. Mewtwo being playable makes me soooo happy though. And 8 player smash! And stage builder! So hype.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
why are you here?
I'm baffled by the fact that you're not happy about us getting Mewtwo, no matter how. Also, the Kid Icarus codecs are seriously sweet, and they even have FIRE EMBLEM CAMEOS! Doc Louis codecs would've been cool, though.
Did you know that some people live in places where costs like these are actually really hard to handle?
Yes, how dare a corporation try to make money. Why can't they just continue to operate at a massive loss for the 4th straight year in a row?

I doubt you've heard of the stuff EA or Capcom have been doing, or your head would have quite probably exploded by now. I can't say I agree with this either but you're seriously overreacting.
I have and what they have been doing is not on the same level at all. And their consumers do not take offense when someone points out that Ea and Capcom are greedy and they complain when being subjected to unfair costs. For instance, Ea and Capcom don't make you buy the same game twice for two different platforms in order to get one more character, if they did people would go crazy. Meanwhile Nintendo fans are in love with the company that has mastered the art of adding additional costs to the point that they can triple the cost of a regular game like Smash Bros 3ds. And they don't take kindly to having their baby insulted. One word (3 times): Gullible, gullible, gullible.

Last edited:

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
When Mewtwo was announced, at that very moment, thousands around the globe simultaneously changed their pants.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
And calling others a jerk doesn't exactly make you look good either.
What do you call someone who rains on someone's parade on a moment where everyone's happy?
I think he Downright HATED and detested the 3DS version beause it didnt have characters he wanted. Now that it does, the game is alright.
I gave it a 7 or 8/10, and unless we're using IGN rating, that's pretty decent. Now the Wii U version's 9/10!
But he doesn't really show emotions or anything that a player can use to tell that he has a personality. People would play as him and feel like they were playing as a huge monster that wants to kill everyone rather than a villain with goals and emotions. Also, size is a pretty big part of why Ridley is, well, Ridley. It's a reason why he's so threatening. Get rid of that and he just loses his punch.
You know what's funny about the whole too big argument and how some people claim that Ridley's size matters to him as character? Ridley's usually the smallest boss on most games he appears.

Is it really that weird that someone can like a game much more if the game features characters they like, or characters they think the game deserved? Yeah Robin, Rosalina, Villager, Pac-Man, Megaman, Palutena, Lucina and WFT are cool, but they're not Mewtwo~ They were never a part of the Hype Trio.

Enchlore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enchlore
I arrived in the stream right when the announcer was saying he had a special announcement. When I saw the little paw I thought it was just a Duck Hunt reveal trailer, and then it turned into Mewtwo and I was like "OH MAN"

Too bad you need both the 3DS and Wii U versions to get him. In Brazil, it would be cheaper to buy an island than a Wii U.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
..and emptied their wallets.
Speak for yourselves. I couldn't care less for Mew-two personally. I'm not a Pokemon fanatic nor played him in Melee. However I am very happy that people who wanted this character got it. Congrats.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77

[/collapse]OH MY GOD SMASH 4 WII U LOOKS AMAZING! Sure, we didn't get playable Ridley...but good god, ONE OF THE BIG THREE ACTUALLY MADE IT INTO THE GAME! I gotta say, though, I find it baffling that Sakurai made one of the most requested characters ALMOST PLAYABLE, I mean, he has a full moveset, he counts as a fighter, he fights againist you and with you, he even has a goddamn Final Smash...I mean, he's basically a playable character, except you can't choose him at the character selection screen, I'd be crazy if I didn't think this was incredibly bizarre, someone ought to ask Sakurai on an interview, to see if he's really a toobigot. Like most of these little terrorists that celebrate a character being deconfirmed.

Damn, the hype levels are off the charts, awesome Bowser Jr. trailer (Hey, DHD's trailer wasn't actually the big reveal, how about that!?), Smashboard gamemode, 8-Player Smash, gigantic stages, I mean there were some crappy things, like past stages being used as filler, and not getting Bowser's Castle, but god damn, it's impossible to not be excited about this, the Wii U version's easily a 9/10 when factoring in Mewtwo. See how you can actually be a good developer when you try, Sakurai?

On another note, it's really nice to finally get some closure, now we can start speculating for Smash5 Ridley! Also, does anyone else find the fact that Ridley's stock icon is Super Metroid Ridley weird? Did Sakurai have Ridley playable at some point and then scrapped him?

C'mon, Sakurai, at least clarify some of this bizarreness with a Famitsu column.

As a whole, I'm really satisfied with this since we got Mewtwo, at least Ridley and K.Rool fans can find peace in the fact that we lost to Mewtwo, not Duck Hunt Dog, Greninja or Wii Fit Trainer. Also, I also want to put here all the stupid things pessimistic haters (Ridley haters included here too) said that were wrong:

- Sakurai would never announce DLC before the game releases.
- Mewtwo's not relevant anymore.
- The Japanese fanbase doesn't care about Ridley and neither does Sakurai (Hell, I wouldn't put so much goddamn effort into something I don't care about).
- WE WON'T BE GETTING ANY NEW CHARACTERS, "YOU'RE DELUSIONAL".

We Big Three supporters got a win and we Ridley fans got a second place silver trophy, so actually, YOU LOST, HATERS! Go troll some other fanbase because...
And nobody cares, cus this guy is the real jerk right here.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Thoroughly dissapointed that 3 more characters are starter, one being yet another newcomer. I don't look forward to unlocking mostly veterans, especially when there's only like 9 secret characters now.

#mewtwostrikesbacks!!!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Speak for yourselves. I couldn't care less for Mew-two personally. I'm not a Pokemon fanatic nor played him in Melee. However I am very happy that people who wanted this character got it. Congrats.
I dont care about mewtwo either, I just want the other smash for home so I can have the other for on the road

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
said the guy who troll and been a ****ing man child and rude to whoever disagree to them.
LOL Keep trying to bring me down, I'm happy and there's nothing you can do about it.
*Does Duck hunt Dog's Up Taunt, the little dance*
And nobody cares, cus this guy is the real jerk right here.
@ D-idara D-idara still doesn't give a **** about what you think of him.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
God shut the **** up hippieslayer. My god someone please report this asshole. I may be poor but I might try to earn some money for it. Nintendo is a business. Not a namby pamby company who exists to pander to your stupid ass. They have to make money too and the fact they took as much time as they possibly could before stooping to this means we should try to support them more.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
oh gawd... that miiverse stage is gonna display all those strange and weird drawings i made? Better erase them...

Mewtwo returns! I'm satisfies.
Everything looks so awesome for wii U... I really am hoping for the console to sell a lot more.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Oh hey on a more positive note...for the first time in smash history ALL FOUR of the original Smash 64 secret characters are finally starters together in Smash 4 Wii U.

Shog

Smash Ace
Nintendo of Europe sez you can buy Mewtwo DLC instead of getting him for free. So why are you so butthurt, look at the content. LOOK AT IT. Even without your precious Mewtwo there is a lot for you to enjoy, with you know, TIL 8 PLAYER
And if you got spare money for the Mewtwo DLC, well guess what? You can than buy it.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
At this point, the only thing that could get me more hype (other than Ridley and/or K Rool DLC) would be if they were like "oh yeah, along with Mewtwo, here's Subspace Emissary 2: Master Core and the Revenge of Tabuu"

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
What do you call someone who rains on someone's parade on a moment where everyone's happy?

I gave it a 7 or 8/10, and unless we're using IGN rating, that's pretty decent. Now the Wii U version's 9/10!

You know what's funny about the whole too big argument and how some people claim that Ridley's size matters to him as character? Ridley's usually the smallest boss on most games he appears.

Is it really that weird that someone can like a game much more if the game features characters they like, or characters they think the game deserved? Yeah Robin, Rosalina, Villager, Pac-Man, Megaman, Palutena, Lucina and WFT are cool, but they're not Mewtwo~ They were never a part of the Hype Trio.
I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be in. I'm discussing reasons why he might not be in. And Ridley being the smallest boss doesn't really mean anything because we're comparing his size to Samus, not the other bosses.

Also, as I said before, childish behavior begets childish behavior. By actively partaking in acting like a child, all you're doing is creating even more of a ****-fest. This goes for anyone and everyone.

Top Bottom