• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros 64 & Smash Bros Brawl February 13, 2009 @ 9PM in Northern NJ

powerplaygaming

Smash Cadet
Brawl & Smash Bros Tournament to be held February 13, 2009 @ 9PM. The first of many to come Brawl tournaments in the Premier LAN center in Northern NJ for all interested in attending.

PLEASE SEE POSTING FOR NEW TOURNAMENT FRI MARCH 27TH

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221360

When:
Friday Feb 13th - 9PM (pre-registration required)

address - 23 Diamond Spring Rd (behind new Starbucks in the Walgreens shopping center)
directions - from the west take route 80 to 46 east Denville Exit. After intersection where Burger King is located move to the left lane and turn left into the center of town (follow Hospital sign). After Exxon station Walgreens is located on the left. Parking is in lot, near Starbucks is best. Come down the sidewalk to the right of Starbucks.

from East - take route 46 west into Denville (near Sogo restaurant). Come all the way down Broadway to light and go straight through turning right into Walgreens parking lot. Park near Starbucks. Come down the sidewalk to the right of Starbucks

Schedule:
830 PM: Registration starts. Room will be set up, friendlies will begin.
9 PM: Brawl singles 1v1 will begin & Super Smas Bros 1v1 will begin (double elimination)

Fee:
$8 entry fee

Prizes/Pot:
To be announced. Estimated to be around $100 dollars plus other goodies. The more people, the larger the pot. Snacks & soda provided for players.

Tournament Director:
Sue Cygon

Contact Information:
sue@powerplaygaming.net
Phone: (973) 627-0927

Confirmed players:

Approximately 20 so far

Rules:

We will be following the standard rules for Brawl tournaments. You can find them here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187736

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

SilentSc0per

Smash Cadet
I know Im going to this. It's right next to All-in-One, and on a friday night.........wait its on Friday the 13th!! :eek:

powerplaygaming

Smash Cadet
Tourny Time

I usually have the Tournys in the evening because I figured people would prefer it. Also, I usually have BDay parties in the AM on Sat & Sun. How early were you talking about?? I'd be glad to do another

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
People are going to be turned away from this tourney because of your counterpick stages.

Picochat
PS2
Pirate Ship
Distant Planet
Luigi's Mansion
GREEN HILL ZONE?

Not many people follow SBR's rules. Especially NJ's crews.

PM me if you get more players to come because this is relatively close to where I live but I need it to count as a real tourney in NJ power rankings.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
This is just a random tourney puff if you wana make money or have fun lol. no way in hell itll count towards the rankings XD since its me, eazy, inui, keitaro, and pierce doing the rankings. From the looks of it so far, we wont even talk about this lol. ill be here to check and enter though.

SilentSc0per

Smash Cadet
Yeah this is not a big tourney as to something like Gaming World, but I dont see any other tournies in New Jersey besides The Melee Bi-Weeklies in Fair Lawn. So this will have to do for now.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
just cause its not big doest mean it shouldnt count for rankings imo. if puff happens to beat another good nj player that shows up, it should count. or it should also count towards being active or inactive.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I heard it was really fun.

My parents didn't feel like driving me so I couldn't go.

Is there going to be another event really soon? I really wanted to go.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
This could be a fun time but your timing wont work too well. Enemy controller is holding a big event the next morning(28th) and it doesn't seem to me that players will want to travel so far north to this to have to turn around, go home, and get barely any sleep for EC's event. I would suggest you change the time of the event. Also these 4 stages have to go.
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat

Norfair got enough hate at the last regional event and I doubt people wanna hear/complain about that all over again. The other 3 aren't good either.

If you have time this friday, earlier in the day like 3:00p.m. to start something then that shouldn't be too bad. However Knightmare is holding a big event the next day so that could create some difficulty. IF you can spare the time I would try something for friday

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I must be looking at the wrong thing...I see them for Feb. 28th Mine is March 27th. Let me know
Nope, it was my bad. You're right. I thought you meant the 27th of this month so my mistake. I should have read it more carefully. I still think you should try a date a little closer if possible. How many were at the last one?

powerplaygaming

Smash Cadet
I have the results on allisbrawl. I am sorry I dont know how to transfer over here...do you have a page on that site?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I have the results on allisbrawl. I am sorry I dont know how to transfer over here...do you have a page on that site?
Allisbrawl is fine. I'll take a look soon. I'm hoping that all of NJ will start going here when there isn't an event in princeton, regional tourny, etc. It would be easy for us players up north and having more venues for tournaments can't hurt.

Top Bottom