• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. 64 for the Wii?

JigglyPuffLegend

Smash Rookie
do any of you guys think that SSB will be in the Wii Virtual Console, because if so that would be super sweet.
Also do you guys think they should add an online mode to it if its possible, or do they just do direct emulators of the and no new modes.

If this game was able to go online, wow, i would be in heaven

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
If it comes out on Wii, I won't be playing it. For starters, you wouldn't use an N64 controller, just a GC one, which would mean I would be trying to play it like on SSBM. Secondly, I doubt it will have a chat function, like Kaillera has. Thirdly, I don't have a wii. >_>

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It more than likely will appear on the VC. Also, is there something wrong with Classic Controller? I didn't think so. So it's not exactly like playing the n64 controller, atleast you can taunt more easily, right?

Twilight_Overlord

Smash Rookie
If it appeared on the wii, then the thousands of people who play SSB via an emulator suddenly have a problem if they don't own an original copy. Nintendo is smart, you know.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Isnt It When U Use A GCN Controller On VC Games The Control's Are Set To The Same As N64? (As In The C Left Would REALLY Be The C Left On The GCN Controller). If That Is True Then It Would SUCK. I Couldnt Use The C Stick To Jump...

greenblob

Smash Lord
It more than likely will appear on the VC. Also, is there something wrong with Classic Controller? I didn't think so. So it's not exactly like playing the n64 controller, atleast you can taunt more easily, right?
The left analog stick is too far away :p. I never liked the DualShock-based controllers.
Not to mention that it's also pretty small. And there's a Wiimote dangling from it.

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait for it to come out on the VC. #1 reason: No more lag!!! Also, it will be nice to be able to potentially have SSB64 anywhere where there is a wii. I think it will be easy enough to adapt to playing it on the GC or wii classic controller.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
I'm in Egypt, so I don't have a Wii handy, but aren't there supposed to be two USB ports on the back of the Wii?? And if so, couldn't you potentially plug in whatever USB adapter you want, including N64 controllers?

Does anyone know?

-MR

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I'm in Egypt, so I don't have a Wii handy, but aren't there supposed to be two USB ports on the back of the Wii?? And if so, couldn't you potentially plug in whatever USB adapter you want, including N64 controllers?

Does anyone know?

-MR
Sadly no, so far the only thing that I've heard that works when connected to the USB port is a computer fan which can be used to keep your Wii cool during standby. Anything like keyboards, mouses, etc. have been reported to not affect the Wii in any way.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
Well with the GameCube controller inputs, all one would have to do is make an N64 female to GameCube male converter, and voila. This has been done with SNES controllers already. And that's if Nintendo doesn't release some driver update or something to allow plug-and-play devices like controllers, and maybe even keyboards. But I imagine Nintendo will come out with their own keyboard (Kii-board?), but maybe not. I think the N64 to GameCube converter is the way to go, though.

-MR

Top Bottom