• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Marth, Ike, Snake, Falcon, Wario(inb4tires/bite) - the most played chars in the Uk - don't have projectiles which beat out rollout. Thrown nades certainly dont

Every character has a shield and a grab and they all have feet. Of course every character can punish rollout.

In my opinion, a rollout works completely differently when jiggs has the lead and when jiggs is losing.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
you dont need projectile to beat it, jsut moves that work easy.
marth has jsut about anything due to his fast long ranged moves
ike has quick draw (about its only reliable use)
snake can jsut drop a grenade and walk away, or even fire a missile straight ahead, it hits to top of jiggly
falcon has falcon kick/raptor boost and just has to wait for jiggs to starting rolling
wario has bite, or can just ride biek and then jump off

rollout is quite good in dobles realtively, space is more cramped and its hardly likely a person will have time to play a stalling war with rollout when someone else is also trying to attack

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
Marth, Ike, Snake, Falcon, Wario(inb4tires/bite) - the most played chars in the Uk - don't have projectiles which beat out rollout. Thrown nades certainly dont

Every character has a shield and a grab and they all have feet. Of course every character can punish rollout.

In my opinion, a rollout works completely differently when jiggs has the lead and when jiggs is losing.
Marth will fair.
Ike will fair/QD
Snake will kill you.
Falcon will Side B you.
Wario, tires bite and zomfg Fsmash much?

the thing with rollout is that almost everything beats it. what im not sure of is Jabs

oh my gosh, can everyone get off KJ's ballsack for half a second?
Agreeing with me because I actually know what I'm talking about does not come under the category of which you have just placed it.

pretty much every move in the game is punishable.
Smash 101: Everything is punishable. You should read the tactical boards Bmac.

yes, you can jump over a rollout, but Jiggs can cover the entire length of FD in 41 frames with Rollout, you never know when jiggs is gonna start zooming past, and if you jump too early, she will undoubtably get you on your landing
No she won't. Rollout isn't that fast and it's lag on turns is stupidly high, she isn't going to punish your landing. If you can't shield and grab rollout, you are playing the wrong game.

if you jump as soon as Jiggs sets off, one of the fastest jumpsquats is Diddy, takes him 5 frames to actually LEAVE the ground. factor in your own reaction time, if you are half an FD's distance away, jiggs will get to you in about 20 frames. the 2 frames it takes for rollout to release dont factor in as you wont see it.
Stop theorycrafting. You're making my eyes bleed.

so if you are diddy, 20 frames until jiggs gets to you. 5 frames ur stuck on the ground, it would take maybe another 5 frames or so for you to gain enough height to be out of range of rollout. you have 10 frames to react. if you notice it right at the perfect time. not to mention people getting panicky and just jumping out of the way before jiggs moves. or jiggs coming at you before you can prime yourself to perfect shield or whatever. The truth is just that rollout isnt as horrible a move as people make it out to be.
KillerJawz said:
Stop theorycrafting. You're making my eyes bleed.
Rollout is awful. If you get hit by rollout I strongly suggest you consider if Smash is the right game for you. I'm deadly serious about that. It's like if you get your shield broken CONSTANTLY against lets say.... Zelda.

you cant shieldgrab unless you turn around to shield. if you turn around to shield, jiggs can catch you while ur setting that up with no shield. Perfect shielding is perfect punishment against a rollout, but you can make that argument against any move.
you guys just need to stop with the damn hate crimes.
You need to stop talking about a character you quite clearly know NOTHING about. Jiggs can catch you during the frames it takes to turn and shield? Read your statement again, I think you've worded it wrong. We are not hating you on, you are just being silly.

the priority is ****, i totally agree with that. doesnt mean it's a worthless move. its an amazing punish move, you can charge it infinitely and you can release it anywhere on a flat stage to hit your opponent, comes out in 2 frames after charge, does a ****load of shield damage, not as easy to shieldgrab in a REAL match as KJ makes it out.
Shielding pound is all good and well. but if you dont punish OoS immediately, I wouldnt advise shield as you're go-to option against pound.
It's a terrible punishing move. You can charge it infinitely, okay, that's say your opponent is a Samus. Just like Silva said, what stops us from camping on the edge until you're done and actually move? It does relatively poor shield damage as well. It's easy to shield grab, and I actually play Jigglypuff and have faced Jigglypuffs. It's disgracefully easy and if you can't do it then just.......... no. At high levels of play, you will always punish OoS immediatly in that situation, only an idiot would let Jiggs escape unscathed.

As I said before, My Jigglypuff is amazing.

Oh goodness I wasted my 4000th post on this.... how grim =_=

Oh and yeah, it has terrible priority.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
As I said before, My Jigglypuff is amazing.

Oh goodness I wasted my 4000th post on this.... how grim =_=
That's something I haven't heard you say in FOREVER. Haha.

I still make my point that BMac needs to face your Jiggz ... both on B- and on vB. Hell, I reckon I could beat him in Jiggz dittos? She's not that hard to play, really, since 90% of her metagame is spacing bair and fair.

o_O

and lol rake.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
does anyone know a website with new gc controllers for sale? idc about price and i want a silver one let me know if any1 knows of a site

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Rollout is awful. If you get hit by rollout I strongly suggest you consider if Smash is the right game for you. I'm deadly serious about that. It's like if you get your shield broken CONSTANTLY against lets say.... Zelda.
well guys it was fun while it lasted, ill see you all around XD
rollout is only good in one matchup and one matchup only
the jiggs vs. G~P matchup

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Just like green missile v darren :p

My green missile mindgames are amazing =P darren cant sus them out xD i usually get cal/andy once or twice till they can get through....always wait for the shield ;)

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Rake's mindgames are too good :laugh:

Being able to mindgame THE ZORZ into being hit by such an obvious move ... that takes skill. :awesome:

The Filth

Smash Lord
when im not super srs tournament mode, your green missiles are like, a 33/33/33 guess game for me.

In tourney mode, I wont be anywhere ****ing near a weegee =]

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
lol rollout >__>

Cal: eBay/Amazon have loads of cheap controllers of pretty much every type.

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
well guys it was fun while it lasted, ill see you all around XD
rollout is only good in one matchup and one matchup only
the jiggs vs. G~P matchup
its only bad when you listen to me when i say go on, get off the platform you know you can punish it... dont give into temptation! stay away from the Rolling light!

lol rollout >__>

Cal: eBay/Amazon have loads of cheap controllers of pretty much every type.
As much as I live on those websites, I'm iffy on buying used controllers. I'll gladly buy anything else to do with games used, but controllers worry me a bit. Have you bought any controllers from ebay?

its only bad when you listen to me when i say go on, get off the platform you know you can punish it... dont give into temptation! stay away from the Rolling light!
Oh god I just remembered that. LOL.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
As much as I live on those websites, I'm iffy on buying used controllers. I'll gladly buy anything else to do with games used, but controllers worry me a bit. Have you bought any controllers from ebay?

Oh god I just remembered that. LOL.
I bought a platinum GC controller (new) on ebay for about £10, the only problem it's had is associated with all new GC controllers (lack of flexiblity). I can't speak from experience about the used controllers, but if you buy a new one you should be fine.

Brado

Smash Lord
I'm currently using my £3 charity shop controller, **** yeah.

Also, bought my 7 year old brother a copy of Brawl for christmas, he'll be ****** by thsi time next year ;)

The_Rake

Smash Lord
when im not super srs tournament mode, your green missiles are like, a 33/33/33 guess game for me.

In tourney mode, I wont be anywhere ****ing near a weegee =]
no johns son

i feel bad for this cos you really get annoyed (and make it clear vocally) when you get hit by them by running forward, using your shield and i just wait for the moment i think you'll drop it.
I mean, yea i mindgame you and i lol loads inside when it happens by man you hate it xD

The Filth

Smash Lord
Aint a john, just telling fools how it is. In the proper metagame of weegee vs snake, green missile has no place =[

Which is a ****ing shame, because as much as i sound like I hate taking them to the face, I find it ****ing hilarious when you hit them ^^

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Lol well usually when you try approaching (with anyone, not just snake) i usually hit you with it more than anyone else and you just seem really annoyed that your being hit by them xD

oh yea i know its no real place in the mu, hell, even snakes side b is a good counter for it xD

Andy gives the best reactions when he gets hit though, voice goes high and says stuff like "WTF! HOW AM I GETTING HIT BY THIS"...he then shows his annoyance by ****** me

Calzorz

Smash Lord
alright thanks for the link calzum il take a better look after christmas , (used ones suck so i hope there are brand new ones)

^I actually didn't think of that ;___;.

Merry Christmas everyone I hope that Dedede got you everything you wanted <3.

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
in case those who dont celebrate "christmas"
here is the most Politically Correct holiday greeting I could find:

Please accept with no obligation, implicit or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice, with total respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, and their choice not to practise religious or secular traditions at all.

Additionally,

A fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2011, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our society great, without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, sexual orientation and choice of smart phone and computer platform of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.

This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is either revocable or limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

This greeting is void where prohibited by law.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
merry chrismas all, dedede gave me an ill waddle for christmas, good times
also while youre here, smudge hold your *** here cause i art be holding a tournament late feb (hopefully) and there shouldbe acommodatino at the venue
dont go and disspear for another 3 months XD

B.Mack

Smash Ace
cant wait for the next smash event.

given up on the Jiggs arguments. never said she was a good character, or that Rollout was a good move, (I did say sideB is a good move though)

Top Bottom