• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Rankings - Ranked 1v1s, 2v2s, Crew battles, Tournaments.. find it all!

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
Supra, is their a limit to the amount of people who can be on your friend's list in Brawl?

If there is a capped amount rank battles will be difficult.
There is a cap, but it is high. Also, I'm sure you can delete friends off of the list so you can change people (eg, what if you mistyped the code at first, nintendo wouldn't make it so you that you entered a code once and then could never change it). So, although it is annoying to have to enter friend codes repeatedly, by deleting when you need to, you won't run out of space.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I registered. I can't wait to compete against my fellow smashers online. See y'all (If in US) after March 9!

otter

Smash Ace
I predict alot of people making fake accounts in order to snipe out their rivals by lying about match endings, great idea though!

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
I predict alot of people making fake accounts in order to snipe out their rivals by lying about match endings, great idea though!
Our reliability system, which you can read more about on the site, is designed to take care of this - so don't worry! =D

Link730

Smash Rookie
I just signed up and it looks like a promising site, I'm eager to play others through this community. I probably didn't research enough but how will people play ranked matches? By win / loss ratio? It may take a while to get real ranks going if that's the case. If so, could there be a "self-evaluation" so it could be easier to play ranked matches? Thanks for making the site and good job!

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Hell yes rankings. Hell yes. Join this site asap, especially if you're from MN so I can CRUSH YOUUUUUUUU.
Ooh ooh, I'm from MN. I signed up as Wargreymon on the site a few days ago. I look forward to getting crushed! :D My goal is to be at LEAST one above last in the ranking. I just don't want to be last. Hopefully that will be possible...

MN players, bring the ownage on! Yes, I have self-esteem issues.

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
Ooh ooh, I'm from MN. I signed up as Wargreymon on the site a few days ago. I look forward to getting crushed! :D My goal is to be at LEAST one above last in the ranking. I just don't want to be last. Hopefully that will be possible...

MN players, bring the ownage on! Yes, I have self-esteem issues.
Good, cause I call last place =P

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
My only beef with the website now is that they only let you select your state, and I can't select my province cause i'm in canada. This needs to be changed. Canada is a big place and just saying someone live in canada doesn't cut it.
We have now added the ability to select a Canadian province! Sorry about that, putting in geographical data actually takes a long time and we were prioritizing other projects. Hope this is what you were looking for.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
We're definitely implementing 2v2 rankings, crews, and tournaments. We'd like some input on what item sets you'd like to see (ie. what you can search for when looking for a match. Only smash balls, no items, no healing items, etc.) Opinions?

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
We're definitely implementing 2v2 rankings, crews, and tournaments. We'd like some input on what item sets you'd like to see (ie. what you can search for when looking for a match. Only smash balls, no items, no healing items, etc.) Opinions?
Definitely no healing items, maybe no stars/hammers?

I haven't read the entire thread, but I have registered on SBR. I just wanted to throw in my gratitude alongside that of everyone. It'll be incredibly nice to have such a simple yet vast matchmaking system. Thanks supra & gang!

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
SBR is so awesome. The system they have in place is genius

I can't wait for Brawl to come you. You should all join this site :p

I will randomly hand out cookies to people who sign up there XD

Moochero

Smash Cadet
I'm glad to see that there are a ton of sites dedicated to competitive online play, but this one has got to be the most organized and simple one I have seen. This and SWF's friend finder are bound to turn out to be my number one source for matches.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
SBR is so awesome. The system they have in place is genius

I can't wait for Brawl to come you. You should all join this site :p

I will randomly hand out cookies to people who sign up there XD
Haha, thanks Warchamp! Cookies, much like free t-shirts, will make people do just about anything. Just make sure the cookies don't attract a bad element.. like the Cookie Monster.

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
Lets keep this on top. Regged a few days ago, and its a good place. Forum activity is a bit slower, but its still growing.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
****, now that Brawl Rankings is gonna have 2 vs 2 rankings, crews and tournaments, WiFi wars is really going to have to bring it, since that's one of the main features it had over brawlrankings.

I personally signed up to both and so did all of my crew.

How will crews work Supra?

KillerJack

Smash Rookie
I finally joined. I can't wait to have my *** handed to me!

There are so many different ranking systems. I hope someone will have me on their crew when I have the game for a bit and stop sucking. I mean everyone wants someone who can will attempt to use Wario right? If not for the laughs alone.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Alright, that's cool Supra. Any info on 2 on 2? Will there be a ranking system for that similar to singles or will there just be a board?

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
Alright, that's cool Supra. Any info on 2 on 2? Will there be a ranking system for that similar to singles or will there just be a board?
There will be a 2v2 ranking system. You'll be able to register a team name with a partner and your team will ranked as a unit. The whole reliability system, etc. will be the same as singles.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
****, now that Brawl Rankings is gonna have 2 vs 2 rankings, crews and tournaments, WiFi wars is really going to have to bring it, since that's one of the main features it had over brawlrankings.

I personally signed up to both and so did all of my crew.

How will crews work Supra?
Here's what it seem like we'll be doing as of now: Just like the 2v2s, there'll be a team name registration, so you can think up cool crew names. Crews will be treated as a unit and we'll have a crew ranking board. We'll recommend both crews set a time for the match and create a private room in the chat. You'll follow the rules for crew battle (we'll post, but essentially, you'll have stock equal to the least common multiple between your two teams - teams of 4 and 5 have stock of 20, for example. Each person gets the common multiple divided by the team size in stock. If you beat the first person on the other crew with 1 stock left, you start the next match by suiciding down to 1 stock, etc.) The reliability system will remain in effect for crews.

There'll also be crew tournaments, once the tournament page goes up.

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
There will be a 2v2 ranking system. You'll be able to register a team name with a partner and your team will ranked as a unit. The whole reliability system, etc. will be the same as singles.
now i need to find a partner and a crew.. anyone interested?

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
now i need to find a partner and a crew.. anyone interested?
As it gets closer to release, we'll make a board where people who need partners or crews, and people recruiting for crews, can post ads and leave messages.. so no worries!

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
As it gets closer to release, we'll make a board where people who need partners or crews, and people recruiting for crews, can post ads and leave messages.. so no worries!
ok, that's cool. maybe you should think about combining that with the regional boards you have so that people can find partners that live close for cxn issues.

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
woah, just wanted to apologize. i didn't look at this again until now. sorry for the multiple posts. the site wouldn't respond, so i guess when i refreshed it posted more than once and then i just gave up.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
no problem, game

Congrats to all our new mods, announced last night: Simna, Banks, WGWOLVERINE, Warchamp7, Arnam, Bob thy dead. Hry, Poseidon, bimachris, Hero of Onett, groddy5, and Waytoo

Top Bottom