• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Rankings - Ranked 1v1s, 2v2s, Crew battles, Tournaments.. find it all!

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
registering asap, looks great to me (Y)

gotta love that fans are implementing the real competitive system

dammets93

Smash Rookie
I joined. It looks like its gonna be awseome. Just one thing how do you send challanges?

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
I joined. It looks like its gonna be awseome. Just one thing how do you send challanges?
You'll issue challenges from the Matches page. There will be a directory to search through players by rank and location. This feature is being withheld until the NA release, but we are tentatively considering releasing it early for people to test with imported copies of Brawl, but then the rankings would be reset.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
I just signed up. This seems as though it's going to work very well, and theres so many members already!

I don't think people in the Hub cities of competitive smash know excited Canadians (specifically those who live in the middle of nowhere like me) are about online play. I just hope it reaches across Canada.

Midboss

Smash Cadet
Very well done site. I registered, posted a bit, and hung around most of the night in the chatroom. I've already got a few matches planned.

dammets93

Smash Rookie
You'll issue challenges from the Matches page. There will be a directory to search through players by rank and location. This feature is being withheld until the NA release, but we are tentatively considering releasing it early for people to test with imported copies of Brawl, but then the rankings would be reset.
Also is there a way to search matches so that you know if items will be off or not?

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
Also is there a way to search matches so that you know if items will be off or not?
Most definitely! In fact, you can take a peek at the preview interface we put up in Matches. Just go to Matches and then the Search tab.

You can search by skill, location, for items on/off, etc.

cheezysnacks

Smash Cadet
Bump cuz i like this site, and want tons of people to join so i can be recognized as the best. plus its growing really fast, and the games not even out yet.

Nitesever

Smash Cadet
Most definitely! In fact, you can take a peek at the preview interface we put up in Matches. Just go to Matches and then the Search tab.

You can search by skill, location, for items on/off, etc.
I took a look at the preview, and the [items] list is lacking a mode with only smash balls and no other items. Just something you might want to take care of.

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
Good question! Well, for example.. I've been looking for people who know Japanese to help us out, but haven't found someone yet. I'll keep looking, since Japan is probably the biggest concern at the moment (moreso than africa or other asian countries).
Im pretty sure SamuraiPanda speaks japanesse(sp?) but I dunno how busy he is, with the podcast and whatnot

pirkid

Smash Lord
Technically there shouldn't be any advertising, but this site is great. XD
It has more potential then those other ones.

EDIT: The item preference list in the Matches Search function needs a LOT more flexibility.
Put some common items at least, and give the choice of ON OR OFF. Not just OFF. (Like now, with the 'No Smash Balls' Option.)

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
The item preference list in the Matches Search function needs a LOT more flexibility.
Put some common items at least, and give the choice of ON OR OFF. Not just OFF. (Like now, with the 'No Smash Balls' Option.)

We'll definitely going to add some flexibility, that's just a preview of what it will be like. It will also be easier to know what options to put in once people play Brawl a bit more and get a sense of what items are good to have.

Domikaze

Smash Rookie
Cool stuff. I signed up, but I will be in Japan from about April to August. Will I get kicked off the rankings for inactivity or something by any chance? Because I don't know if I will be able to get my Wii online there, or play matches with people in the U.S. for that matter.:(

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
Cool stuff. I signed up, but I will be in Japan from about April to August. Will I get kicked off the rankings for inactivity or something by any chance? Because I don't know if I will be able to get my Wii online there, or play matches with people in the U.S. for that matter.:(
No, don't worry, you won't be kicked off for inactivity. Your name will stay reserved so you'll have it once you come back.

Mr_Smiley

Smash Rookie
Nice. I signed up under the same name I have here. I think this is probably a better alternative to an in-game ranking system, so people can chose to use it or not to.

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
GREAT BRAWL COMMUNITY - now we sit back and wait, after the release of SSBB this site will have HUGE MEMBERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
Here's a video how-to I found on finding your wii friend code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WIUVhlcZSM

Hope this helps!
I'm pretty sure the Brawl code has nothing to do with the Wii friend code. To find your Brawl code, go into Wifi, then click the Heart (left option), then the Friend List (top right option of a piece of paper with a heart on it (it's displayed at the top to the right of your name).

So no, it's not the same as your Wii friend code sHy)(gUy.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
My only beef with the website now is that they only let you select your state, and I can't select my province cause i'm in canada. This needs to be changed. Canada is a big place and just saying someone live in canada doesn't cut it.

RAZE

Smash Rookie
Hell yes rankings. Hell yes. Join this site asap, especially if you're from MN so I can CRUSH YOUUUUUUUU.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Supra, is their a limit to the amount of people who can be on your friend's list in Brawl?

If there is a capped amount rank battles will be difficult.

Top Bottom