• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Boards Game Battle '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Resistance 2. Simply due to my dislike of the Star Wars franchise.

D

Deleted member

Gold/Silver/Crystal, due to MP3 giving me motion sickness, when no other game has ever done that to me.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
I've never played Okami, and Final Fantasy IX is my favourite of them (Final Fantasies), so I vote for FFIX.

livan

Smash Apprentice
n_n

Final Fantasy IX yay !

i vote for Final Fantasy IX !!

n_n

finalark

SNORLAX
New bracket's up. Regardless of how much I loved Future Perfect, Paper Mario was the better game. So my vote goes to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
paper mario, but i've never played either of them...

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Timesplitters Future Perfect.

That is a fantastic FPS, although it isn't as good as the first in my opinion, and the majority of stages suck.

D

Deleted member

Calling someone's taste of games moronic is moronic in itself.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Bioshock>Melee. No matter how much you love melee, you have to admit Bioshock is better. As smashbot226 said, it's one of the greatest games ever made.

gamerankings.com says:
Bioshock (Xbox 360): 95.03% average review, 24th all time
Bioshock (PC): 94.63%, 31st all time
Bioshock (PS3): 94.15%, 47th all time
Super Smash Bros. Melee: 89.52%, 335th all time

Bioshock had all three of its versions get over 94% average score and be in the top 50 all time, while melee failed to reach 90% or the top 300.

Don't just say Melee because you've never played bioshock before. That's not fair, seeing as you've never played both and therefore can't compare them. Don't say melee because we're on a smash site. We're voting for which games are better, not what kind of site we're on. This site has nothing to do with how good of a game Melee or bioshock is.

I don't think many people who have actually played both melee and bioshock in large amounts would agree that melee is better. Why? Because it's not.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Have you ever played bioshock?
I haven't.
I've also never seen any gameplay of it.
Never read any reviews of it.
My knowledge of the game is pretty much "It's a(n) FPS game"

But I'm going as a no-voter for this round.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Okay, I didn't mean to call you guys stupid. Just a poor taste. Just because this is a SSB forum doesn't mean you HAVE to vote Melee. I'm sure anyone who has played both these games can agree that Bioshock was significantly better. It's been given the HIGHEST ratings of any '07 release, and is in the Top 25 best rated games ever, beating many Nintendo titles such as Perfect Dark, Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and ESPECIALLY Melee. It even beats incredibly popular titles and franchises such as LittleBigPlanet, Call of Duty, Gears of War, Halo, Street Fighter, Elder Scrolls, almost every Metal Gear game to date, Starcraft, Fallout, Warcraft, the list goes on.

It's received phenomenal reviews from every reviewer there is, the possible lowest being an 8 out of 10. I can guarantee Melee or Brawl has received much more critical reviews than what Bioshock could stoop to. Here's the basic idea:
----------
"Going beyond "run and gun corridors," "monster-closet AIs" and static worlds, BioShock creates a living, unique and unpredictable FPS experience. After your plane crashes into icy uncharted waters, you discover a rusted bathysphere and descend into Rapture, a city hidden beneath the sea. Constructed as an idealistic society for a hand picked group of scientists, artists and industrialists, the idealism is no more. Now the city is littered with corpses, wildly powerful guardians roam the corridors as little girls loot the dead, and genetically mutated citizens ambush you at every turn. Take control of your world by hacking mechanical devices, commandeering security turrets and crafting unique items critical to your very survival. Upgrade your weapons with ionic gels, explosives and toxins to customize them to the enemy and environment. Genetically modify your body through dozens of Plasmid Stations scattered throughout the city, empowering you with fantastic and often grotesque abilities. Explore a living world powered by Ecological A.I., where the inhabitants have interesting and consequential relationships with one another that impact your gameplay experience. Experience truly next generation graphics that vividly illustrate the forlorn art deco city, highlighted by the most detailed and realistic water effects ever developed in a video game. Make meaningful choices and mature decisions, ultimately culminating in the grand question: do you exploit the innocent survivors of Rapture...or save them?"
----------

Combine that with a great story, legendary characters, and an eerie atmosphere that makes Resident Evil 3 look like Banjo Kazooie. Melee beating this is an outrage and just shows how far Nintendrones will go to vote for something in favor of an obviously superior game.

And don't go whine about how these are two different games; even then, it's still clear who is the victor when it beats BRAWL, which has gotten better reviews by mainstream and secondary reviewers.

Make the RIGHT choice, not the BIASED one.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Okay, I didn't mean to call you guys stupid. Just a poor taste. Just because this is a SSB forum doesn't mean you HAVE to vote Melee. I'm sure anyone who has played both these games can agree that Bioshock was significantly better. It's been given the HIGHEST ratings of any '07 release, and is in the Top 25 best rated games ever, beating many Nintendo titles such as Perfect Dark, Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and ESPECIALLY Melee. It even beats incredibly popular titles and franchises such as LittleBigPlanet, Call of Duty, Gears of War, Halo, Street Fighter, Elder Scrolls, almost every Metal Gear game to date, Starcraft, Fallout, Warcraft, the list goes on.

It's received phenomenal reviews from every reviewer there is, the possible lowest being an 8 out of 10. I can guarantee Melee or Brawl has received much more critical reviews than what Bioshock could stoop to. Here's the basic idea:
----------
"Going beyond "run and gun corridors," "monster-closet AIs" and static worlds, BioShock creates a living, unique and unpredictable FPS experience. After your plane crashes into icy uncharted waters, you discover a rusted bathysphere and descend into Rapture, a city hidden beneath the sea. Constructed as an idealistic society for a hand picked group of scientists, artists and industrialists, the idealism is no more. Now the city is littered with corpses, wildly powerful guardians roam the corridors as little girls loot the dead, and genetically mutated citizens ambush you at every turn. Take control of your world by hacking mechanical devices, commandeering security turrets and crafting unique items critical to your very survival. Upgrade your weapons with ionic gels, explosives and toxins to customize them to the enemy and environment. Genetically modify your body through dozens of Plasmid Stations scattered throughout the city, empowering you with fantastic and often grotesque abilities. Explore a living world powered by Ecological A.I., where the inhabitants have interesting and consequential relationships with one another that impact your gameplay experience. Experience truly next generation graphics that vividly illustrate the forlorn art deco city, highlighted by the most detailed and realistic water effects ever developed in a video game. Make meaningful choices and mature decisions, ultimately culminating in the grand question: do you exploit the innocent survivors of Rapture...or save them?"
----------

Combine that with a great story, legendary characters, and an eerie atmosphere that makes Resident Evil 3 look like Banjo Kazooie. Melee beating this is an outrage and just shows how far Nintendrones will go to vote for something in favor of an obviously superior game.

And don't go whine about how these are two different games; even then, it's still clear who is the victor when it beats BRAWL, which has gotten better reviews by mainstream and secondary reviewers.

Make the RIGHT choice, not the BIASED one.
The reason I didn't choose Bioshock was because I never played it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom