• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Boards Game Battle '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I've learned something as well:

Choosing a game just because you've played the other one doesn't mean its better. That's like saying you thought E.T. was better than Ocarina of Time because you've never played Ocarina of Time.

That and because Smash fans are zombies when it comes to supporting SSB. Guys, listen to the people and judge based on THAT. I've never played some of the game on this list, but I still take QUALITY into account. I'm still sore that Smash Bros. Melee beat SUPER MARIO 64 AND BANJO KAZOOIE.

Or how Final Fantasy IX beat Earthbound, even when I've played neither of those, I know Earthbound is the overall better game.

EDIT: Lark, give this contest one more day's worth. I don't want to see this pass.

finalark

SNORLAX
I've learned something as well:

Choosing a game just because you've played the other one doesn't mean its better. That's like saying you thought E.T. was better than Ocarina of Time because you've never played Ocarina of Time.

That and because Smash fans are zombies when it comes to supporting SSB. Guys, listen to the people and judge based on THAT. I've never played some of the game on this list, but I still take QUALITY into account. I'm still sore that Smash Bros. Melee beat SUPER MARIO 64 AND BANJO KAZOOIE.

Or how Final Fantasy IX beat Earthbound, even when I've played neither of those, I know Earthbound is the overall better game.

EDIT: Lark, give this contest one more day's worth. I don't want to see this pass.
Final Fantasy IX > Earthbound, I've played both thoroughly and I can't tell you right now that Final Fantasy IX was better (take note that FFIX, X and XII were the only ones that I liked in that series).

And Banjo Kazooie was.... bad (ducks).

Okay, let's not turn this into a flame war, guys. Expect a new bracket tomarrow, as usual.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Banjo Kazooie is an acquired taste. Some people like it, some people don't. But most people like the cartoony style and fun gameplay.

But this is ridiculous. There should be a second contest for this match-up. In all honesty, if this was Bioshock against any OTHER game, I wouldn't care as much. But this is against a generally inferior game, Melee, which this board vehemently supports. Regardless, one cannot choose Melee outright either because you're a diehard fan or have not played the OTHER one. Judge them both for yourself, look at how they play, and hear what others say about that game.

I'm just disappointed that we couldn't make the unbiased or informed decision and decided to vote on whether or not we played it or are enough of a mindless drone to mumble Melee over a better game.

EDIT: I also notice how almost all of the voters FOR Melee are new members. That has to affect something. The more veteran or noted members vote for Bioshock. This still demands a revote later on.

I am also overwhelmed that you love Final Fantasy and AREN'T one of those morons who always roar, "FF7 WUZ T3H B357 g4/\/\ 3\/4R! AND TEH SEFAROTS WUZ COL ROFL!!!!111!!one

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I also notice that people who voted for bioshock posted legitimate reasoning, whereas the reasoning for melée is always either nothing or some one-liner that doesn't help the discussion. No offense to anyone, by the way. :)

livan

Smash Apprentice
!

...I vote for the games that are important for me so is my reason and im proud of that reason if you don't like it well depends of you not of me ok sorry for be rude but you talk for is for taunt someone and isn't fair that and also i was invited to vote the conditions aren't a regardless or a word if you know something about both games you can give your opinion is for that this thread not for do side's or taunt the another people is for make fun also not of this games will receive a award for be the one here so ...

Don't take it seriously guys ok is for make fun and remember that blessed memories went we meet that games for first time and we like it maybe not in the first look but with more play and more and more we like it and is the most important !!

Animo ok is just a game not a life or something for risk lifes not ....

Play enjoy and be happy is the goal's of the games each of then so don't try to sound so serious ok.

n_n

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
...I vote for the games that are important for me so is my reason and im proud of that reason if you don't like it well depends of you not of me ok sorry for be rude but you talk for is for taunt someone and isn't fair that and also i was invited to vote the conditions aren't a regardless or a word if you know something about both games you can give your opinion is for that this thread not for do side's or taunt the another people is for make fun also not of this games will receive a award for be the one here so ...

Don't take it seriously guys ok is for make fun and remember that blessed memories went we meet that games for first time and we like it maybe not in the first look but with more play and more and more we like it and is the most important !!

Animo ok is just a game not a life or something for risk lifes not ....

Play enjoy and be happy is the goal's of the games each of then so don't try to sound so serious ok.

n_n
We're not "taunting" you, we're trying to explain why we believe Bioshock is a better game and trying to convince you to change your vote. I actually enjoy debating (note my title) so for me, debating over which game is better is fun.

That said, I do find it to be relatively annoying that you completely disregarded my post. I put time and thought into it, and by saying "lol my vote for melee lol", you're sending the message that you completely ignored what I said. But I'm not trying to ruin your fun, I'm just explaining my thoughts here. As I said, we're not taunting you, we're trying to convince you that Bioshock is a better game.

finalark

SNORLAX
New bracket's up. And while I Yoshi's Island may have been a great game, I must admit that I got more enjoyment out of Sonic Adventure 2. So my vote goes to Sonic Adventure 2, but just barely, though....

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
*sigh*

The finals is obviously going to be melee and brawl, so I'll stop voting until then. Plus I really don't know much about these two games.

livan

Smash Apprentice
n_n

my vote for sonic adventure battle 2 because i play both and i really like the chaos and missions and the final mission of biohazard was so cool !!

And well is ok Krazy but i prefer more melee because all of then all characters i know it all (except mr game and watch , marth and roy just of that games was no too much mention ) and i really enjoy to see all of then and ness i meet about him because first i see it in ssb went i was in a Vassar or flet shop you know i see the demonstration of the game and i see ness and see how cool was him so i buy the game with all of my savings and seeing ness in all of ssb is something that i like because of that i meet the personality of him in earthbound i like smash because many of the characters i meet then from many years mario luigi link zelda samus picachu donky kong all of then i like to play it because of tht and marth i know him because mi sister want to know fire emblem so she investigate it (she also download it the fire emblem 3 and all of then until 8 the anothers are in the game cube and wii) later that i beat him so many of then are important to me because i raised with all of then and i have good memories of that days and i think because of that is the best and no one can change my desicion of that you are right in the graphics and % that you investigate but for me is more important my decision for my heart my feelings ok.

So try ti understand me ok Krazy.

n_n

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Um, Brawl was not including in the bracket....
Oh, ok. Well, I still don't know much about either of the games this round. I've played yoshi's island and I thought it was pretty good, but not playing the other game is no excuse to vote for yoshi's island. So I'm not voting this round.

But yeah, melee is going to be in the finals. I'll try and vote for a game that can give it good competition.

D

Deleted member

Soul Calibur II. Though it falls to the Dreamcast fighters, and Melee, it is near the top of the fighter class. Games like this are the only reason fighting games are still alive.

Melee beating Bioshock is absolutely criminal.
Is it really that hard to believe that people have different tastes than your own? I respect that you enjoy Bioshock, I for one could list 20 games I found better than it. People have different tastes in games, or for that matter, almost any kind of media.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Soul Calibur II. Though it falls to the Dreamcast fighters, and Melee, it is near the top of the fighter class. Games like this are the only reason fighting games are still alive.

Is it really that hard to believe that people have different tastes than your own? I respect that you enjoy Bioshock, I for one could list 20 games I found better than it. People have different tastes in games, or for that matter, almost any kind of media.
^ And maybe because of the site we are on? lol.

VOTE-Soul Caliber II.

D

Deleted member

Hotel Dusk. That game opened up my mind to the concept that every person has a story. Point and click is my favorite genre too.

D

Deleted member

Street Fighter IV due to my hate of the Star Wars franchise, and fanboy love of Street Fighter.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Star Wars Battlefront is seriously my favorite shooter ever and Two was almost as good so yeah,

- Battlefront II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom