• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bash!! Wi-fi tornument by Grandeza and PSTLL...THIS FRIDAY!! NO MORE ENTRIES!!

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
Ok, what happened to this thing? I beat my first opponent and have been waiting for the rest of the tourney, can someone explain what is going on?

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
It was a sham, that's what happened to it.
BUT, all is not lost. I will provide constructive criticism:

1) Decide on a time and stick with it. Its better to have only 20 people, and all 20 know the correct time, than to have 40 people, and only 12 know it.

2) Be on time for your own tournament

3) Post decipherable, editable brackets

4) Don't do the character limit- if you do, make the participants STICK to those characters. No changing allowed... ever... even if its before the tourney starts

5) Be easier to contact

6) Have an actual communication network

7) EDIT: Sychu corrected me. Let me rephrase by saying that the check-in time should have been better handled- meaning the directors should have informed the participants better on whether or not their opponent foreited- which goes to the 'easier to contact' portion. :)

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
The tournament didn't have enough SG (Super Glue) so it fell apart is what happned. These are some errors that i spotted (don't take them too seriously):

1.Tournament was anounced too far away from its release date causing many people to gradually lose interest over time. Tournaments with prizes can get away with having a far-off release date such as the tournament today thats giving away Zelda TTP collectables and the smashboards/wifi-wars joint tournament that gave away a game along with special site privileges. If you have the money i would suggest giving away a game off of the wii shopping channel, its very easy to do in that you can send the game directly to the winners wii instead of directly mailling an item.

2. This tournament also lacked direction and order. Above all, you shoulda had time limits and brackets for each round. If you had time limits people who finished their matches early or those who had no matches won't get impatient, this also makes the tournament flow alot faster and more smoothly.

3. You left alot of the navigation and maintenance up to the contestants and, especially since there are no prizes, some of the contestants felt that they shouldn't have to waste their day trying to sort through a mess and lost interest.

4. You had no time charts.

Anyways i liked your character idea, and if you need assistance with no.2 in the future i'll be willing to help out depending on my availability at the time. Thank you for hosting this tournament!

Edit: Wow DuLL RaZeR you beat me to it! but you had one fact wrong, the host did indeed set up a check-in time.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
The tournament didn't have enough SG (Super Glue) so it fell apart is what happned. These are some errors that i spotted (don't take them too seriously):

1.Tournament was anounced too far away from its release date causing many people to gradually lose interest over time. Tournaments with prizes can get away with having a far-off releas date such as the tournament today thats giving away Zelda TTP collectables and the smashboards/wifi-wars joint tournament that gave away a game along with special site privileges. If you have the money i would suggest giving away a game off of the wii shopping channel, its very easy to do in that you can send the game directly to the winners wii instead of directly mailling an item.

2. This tournament also lacked direction and order. Above all, you shoulda had time limits and brackets for each round. If you had time limits people who finished their matches early or those who had no matches won't get impatient, this also makes the tournament alot faster.

3. You left alot of the navigation and maintenance up to the contestants and, especially since there are no prizes, some of the contestants felt that they shouldn't have to waste their day trying to sort through a mess and lost interest since this tournament was supposed to be for fun.

4. You had no time charts.
Anyways i liked your character idea, and if you need assistance with no.2 in the future i'll be willing to help out depending on my availability at the time. Thank you for hosting this tournament!

Edit: Wow DuLL RaZeR you beat me to it! but you had one fact wrong, the host did indeed set up a check-in time.
Lulz... I fixed it. ^_^ BTW....(@Sychu) I hate to shamelessly self promote- but, check out the one I'm hosting and lemme know what ya think or feel free to sign up.

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
wow... that's frustrating. I've been involved in all these tourneys that have fallen apart- anyone interested in co-hosting a well-organized scheduled tournament with me? I'd be willing 2 pay 4 a VC game as a prize.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
wow... that's frustrating. I've been involved in all these tourneys that have fallen apart- anyone interested in co-hosting a well-organized scheduled tournament with me? I'd be willing 2 pay 4 a VC game as a prize.
A well run tournament is already in the works and slated. Mine. Check it out, its the "Dull razer presents the: Theodore Wiggles Annualized Tournament" one. Id love ta have help running it, if youd be interested.

Top Bottom