• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash ballot: Who'd you vote for?

Kjaerlighet

Smash Rookie
What character(s) would you like to see be added as DLC? I want Snake and Ghirahim, as unlikely as they both are.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
K.Rool supporter here.

Got Lucas, K.Rool is the icing

Kjaerlighet

Smash Rookie
eek :/ sorry, i did have a quick look and didn't find any so i thought it was ok.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Hoooo boy. Some of my options are better off for the next Smash, but hey, worth a try.

SSB4 fighter ballot:

1. Inkling (Splatoon)
  2. Ephraim (FE: The Sacred Stones)
  3. Hector (Fire Emblem)
  4. Jack Cayman (Madworld/Anarchy Reigns) (What? Some people wanted Bayonetta of all people, so...)
SSB5:

Nothing in my mind, really. Replace Robin with Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates and we have a deal.

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
1. K. rool
2. Wolf ( don't see it happening though)
3. Daisy
4. Dry bones (for the lols)

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
  1. Eggman
  2. Wolf
  3. Magnus (I don't get why the playable character is an assist trophy and the assist character is playable. Actually I do, it's the same reason why Fire Emblem has turned into playing dollies and hitting on your sister. If Palutena got in because of her looks, then why isn't Magnus playable, because I'm not gay but he's a ****ing hunk. Also Sakurai just made a really great character and then did nothing with him.)
  4. Raiden
  5. Groose
  6. Waluigi (literally more important to Nintendo than Rosalina, who has irrefutably made the game an overall worse experience for everyone except Rosalina players.)
  7. Genesect
  8. Victini (way better than blue fast guy #9.)
  9. Zero
  10. Tron Bonne
  11. Elite Beat Agents/Oendan
  12. Sora (I promised to pay any royalties out of pocket if he gets in. Is that legally binding?)
  13. Spongebob (look me in the eye and tell me that that's dumber than half of these.)
  14. Travis Touchdown

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
3. Magnus (I don't get why the playable character is an assist trophy and the assist character is playable. Actually I do, it's the same reason why Fire Emblem has turned into playing dollies and hitting on your sister. If Palutena got in because of her looks, then why isn't Magnus playable, because I'm not gay but he's a ****ing hunk. Also Sakurai just made a really great character and then did nothing with him.)
You have excellent taste :p. I haven't voted yet (waiting for the poll to become pretty much deserted), but when I will there aren't many characters more likely than Magnus to get my vote, even though it is unfortunately a lost cause, in a way.

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
Now that i have roy,i want to vote for a newcomer not a character that got cut previously. Maybe a character like king krool or demise.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This guy right here!

I would drop all my mains (except Rosalina and Mega Man) to play him again

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Still haven't voted. I'm deciding between several candidates. My final vote will probably be for a Belmont.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Voted for Geno, really see potential in him with all of his nifty moves from Super Mario RPG.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
After Capcom got their second character in, I've been thinking Sega needed a second character too, aside from another Sonic character (so really I'm thinking they need three >.>). And I've been listening to the JSRF soundtrack and it occurred to me that Beat should be in Smash. I don't know how he'll work, but how the hell does GnW work? They'll think of something, or not cause JSR is niche and no one is going to vote for him :crying:

But anyways, I voted Shantae. Never played a Shantae game, but the character seems cool, and WayForward is so hyped about the idea I want them to win.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) - An obvious character choice that interested me since I've unlocked everyone in Brawl. I started to fully support him when I managed to imagine what his moveset could end up to be like, mostly thanks to the amazingly well written OP of his support thread.
Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie) - I admit I'm kind of a bandwagoner since I've voted for them after the Phil Spencer tweet despite the fact I've never played their games, but I was aware of their fame and influence since much longer. One of the best choices for a third-party character imo, especially considering the sheer hype that could come from their announcement.
Tetrimino (Tetris) - I have little hope for this to actually happen, but in my opinion Tetris is the most deserving third-party franchise for a Smash character period, at a point being third-party is a non-issue, considering the huge influence it had on Nintendo as a whole. A WTF character with creative liberties such as a shape-changing mechanic and the same "third-party you didn't know you wanted" factor as Ryu makes me so hyped just thinking about it (except that I personally know I want it ahah).

Last edited:

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
Isaac from Golden Sun deserves a spot in the roster ... The only Golden Sun representation in smash4 is the Battle theme. Interestingly enough, almost all the assist trophies reappeared from Brawl in Smash 4 but Isaac was left out... he deserves the Little Mac treatment!

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
  1. Magnus (I don't get why the playable character is an assist trophy and the assist character is playable. Actually I do, it's the same reason why Fire Emblem has turned into playing dollies and hitting on your sister. If Palutena got in because of her looks, then why isn't Magnus playable, because I'm not gay but he's a ****ing hunk. Also Sakurai just made a really great character and then did nothing with him.)
I feel like I'll need to spoil a bit of Fire Emblem Fates on this one, but...

P.S.: Ignore if you don't want it spoiled.

You aren't related to any sibling whatsoever. Your only blood relation is the queen of Hoshido.

Last edited:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I mentioned above that I'd like to see a Belmont added. I'd also like to see Pico or Samurai Goroh from F-Zero become fighters, but the latter is more unlikely due to his status as an assist trophy.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
I mentioned above that I'd like to see a Belmont added. I'd also like to see Pico or Samurai Goroh from F-Zero become fighters, but the latter is more unlikely due to his status as an assist trophy.
Well, if Charizard made it from Pokeball summon to playable character, why not Goroh?

Mikey Da Bawse

Smash Cadet
NNID
MikeyDaBawse
3DS FC
5129-1447-8505
On my 1st ballot, I troll voted Goku because I didn't think they were serious.

On my serious ballot, I voted for Banjo Kazooie

Mikey Da Bawse

Smash Cadet
NNID
MikeyDaBawse
3DS FC
5129-1447-8505
???

Why would they make the survey if they were just joking? That's not a very businesslike thing to do.
I was assuming that they already had pre-done a couple characters and were seeing who people wanted the most to implement them in the game.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
I was assuming that they already had pre-done a couple characters and were seeing who people wanted the most to implement them in the game.
Well you're not wrong. Ryu Lucas and Roy I would assume we're already considered pre-ballot. Who knows if they've got any more?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
She did. She got in because she was heavily requested in Japan, and it's incredibly obvious why she's so popular over there.
Because she's an interesting and dynamic character that challenges preconceived notions of the "damsel in distress" archetype, in addition to offering a valuable deconstructive depiction of fantasy heroism and the effect of religious devotion?

Because she's written in a humorous and relatable way?

Because Japanese fans like Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Because she has good moveset potential and was considered an interesting choice of character in Smash?

Top Bottom