• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Remake?

Kakugyo

Smash Cadet
Megaman because...

Okay, I'll put it this way. Who is more likely to be in a fighter game, Megaman, or Jigglypuff? I rest my case.

Banjo Kazooie because moves fit.
Jugglypuff was more popular in Japan than megaman. People often forget they don't care too much about us, their audience is really actually Japan. And why shouldn't it be? We're lucky they make english versions.

Kakugyo

Smash Cadet
Megaman is probably the most requested 3rd party character besides Sonic, and Sonic's in Brawl.

Anyway, my list:
-Wario
-The most recent Fire Emblem protagonist (probably not Marth; his style wouldn't fit well with the game mechanics)
-Meta Knight
-Young Link
-Mewtwo
-Starfy

Stages:
-Rice Beach [Wario Land]
-Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
-Tal Tal Heights [Link's Awakening]
-Cerulean Cave [Pokémon]
-Smashville (Brawl)
Woah, woah, woah,,, first off, no, megaman would not be likely because while he's popular in america, he's not so very popular in japan. That's what you need to consider. Also, in japan, King Dedede is way more popular than meta-knight. Fire emblem? Dude, what are even talking about? How would that even be possible? Man, I really don't think you know what we're talking about. YOUNG LINK?? You gotta be kidding, man. You have to be kidding me. And staafy? Ugh, bro, that list sucks,,, don't even get me started on those stages.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
A lot of the stuff you say isn't justified.

Rockman isn't popular in Japan...? Jigglypuff was only popularised for the anime. Rockman was around a lot longer, his games sold enormously well, including the X series, and he was made for a side scroller anyway. I'm sure a lot of people would love a character like Rockman/Megaman to be put in.

If Young Link were put in, I would like him to have modified moves, like items from Link's Awakening/OoT/OoS.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
Jugglypuff was more popular in Japan than megaman. People often forget they don't care too much about us, their audience is really actually Japan. And why shouldn't it be? We're lucky they make english versions.
lol you're silly, if japan doesn't care about the american audience, why is even the japanese version of ssb64 that came out before the american one in english with japanese subtitles rather than in japanese?

we aren't lucky they make english versions, they're companies trying to make money, it makes sense they would make international ports of a game. and since they are smart and know that a lot more countries speak english than japanese, they definitely don't "not care about us."

Kakugyo

Smash Cadet
I was simplifying it for that ******* back on the other page. I understand, dude, don't patronize me.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Woah, woah, woah,,, first off, no, megaman would not be likely because while he's popular in america, he's not so very popular in japan. That's what you need to consider. Also, in japan, King Dedede is way more popular than meta-knight. Fire emblem? Dude, what are even talking about? How would that even be possible? Man, I really don't think you know what we're talking about. YOUNG LINK?? You gotta be kidding, man. You have to be kidding me. And staafy? Ugh, bro, that list sucks,,, don't even get me started on those stages.
You do know that Marth is in Melee because of a large fan base in japan wanted him in the next smash. So don't even talk about how you know whats what in japan.

Near²

Banned via Warnings
You do know that Marth is in Melee because of a large fan base in japan wanted him in the next smash. So don't even talk about how you know whats what in japan.
No, it was something in the lines to introduce the Fire Emblem series in America or something like that.

Kakugyo

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I don't see what you're disagreeing with me on.

Rest of post has been edited by Blue Yoshi (unnecessary flaming)

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
i dont see why remake ssb64 when they could just spent their time making ssb4. but it would be pretty cool to re-release it on the wii on gamecube(hence working on the wii) for those of us without an n64.

dandan

Smash Lord
i dont see why remake ssb64 when they could just spent their time making ssb4. but it would be pretty cool to re-release it on the wii on gamecube(hence working on the wii) for those of us without an n64.
you know they released it for the wii, right?
you can download it now.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Let's see...

Assuming that it would be re-released for the DS with added features, this is what I'm thinking:

Characters: 24

Returning:
Mario
DK
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Luigi
Falcon
Ness
Jiggly

Newcomers:
Bowser
Wario
Geno
Ganondorf
Zelda
Ridley
Meta-Knight
Falco
Mewtwo
Marth
Pit
Missingno

This roster appears to be decent to me. Many of the characters listed under "Newcomers" were originally planned for the game, but were cut. Many of these characters are villains providing a second representative to each franchise (or a third if they already had 2). Missingno would be the final unlockable, and would take the place of this game's WTF character. Another possibility for a WTF character would be Aka, the original red-clothed faceless fighter from the game's early development phase (Dragon King: the Fighting Game).
Captain Falcon's moveset in Smash64 is a literal cut-paste of Aka's moves, and he was added to the game solely to fit as the "bulky, human fighter" to replace Aka. In fact, one of Aka's alternate outfits (the blue one) looked suspiciously like Captain Falcon.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Haha I love it. All the mafia players are now starting to play 64 :)

I guess advertising smash 64 in other forums helps :p

Anyways... I highly doubt missingno would be a playable character in anything (as the character itself is a glitch... missing number).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
SSB64 would be dreadful on the DS, no control stick (unless it came with an attachable one that you slotted into the charger slot, like the wireless adapter for the gba, in which case it would be amazing).

My contraction bubble carries my main contention.

dandan

Smash Lord
SSB64 would be dreadful on the DS, no control stick (unless it came with an attachable one that you slotted into the charger slot, like the wireless adapter for the gba, in which case it would be amazing).

My contraction bubble carries my main contention.
**** that, touch screen DI

walsh

Smash Cadet
If a remake of this game is ever released, nerf pikachu please. That is all.

Kakugyo

Smash Cadet
Let's see...

Assuming that it would be re-released for the DS with added features, this is what I'm thinking:

Characters: 24

Returning:
Mario
DK
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Luigi
Falcon
Ness
Jiggly

Newcomers:
Bowser
Wario
Geno
Ganondorf
Zelda
Ridley
Meta-Knight
Falco
Mewtwo
Marth
Pit
Missingno

This roster appears to be decent to me. Many of the characters listed under "Newcomers" were originally planned for the game, but were cut. Many of these characters are villains providing a second representative to each franchise (or a third if they already had 2). Missingno would be the final unlockable, and would take the place of this game's WTF character. Another possibility for a WTF character would be Aka, the original red-clothed faceless fighter from the game's early development phase (Dragon King: the Fighting Game).
Captain Falcon's moveset in Smash64 is a literal cut-paste of Aka's moves, and he was added to the game solely to fit as the "bulky, human fighter" to replace Aka. In fact, one of Aka's alternate outfits (the blue one) looked suspiciously like Captain Falcon.
Dude, there were only, like, 5 characters that were cut, not 12. And you missed sukapon. Falco? What? 18 would be just right, man, you don't need 24. Not a sequal, just a remake, like sm64ds. And missingno? what are you talking about, why would missingno ever be in smash?

Top Bottom