• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 5: Will it even happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
i see a great foundation in Smash 4 Wii U, it's a great platform to work on, there is no reason to upgrade the game - or the system - yet. "nintendo like money lolz" doesn't mean they will just make a new game. they are more likely to build on what they have and get money in other ways.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
You know what, here's a interesting thought:

What if the next Smash games is "Smash Bros for NX", which is essentially is the third Smash 4 game? Same characters but some details changed (combining some Wii U / 3DS stages on the same console, new Single Player mode). If there was ever a time I'd think Smash 4 would warrent getting major new addition, it'd be through another release like that.

finalark

SNORLAX
i see a great foundation in Smash 4 Wii U, it's a great platform to work on, there is no reason to upgrade the game - or the system - yet. "nintendo like money lolz" doesn't mean they will just make a new game. they are more likely to build on what they have and get money in other ways.
The NX is a thing that's coming in the foreseeable future.

I don't think Nintendo is interested in building on the Wii U at this point.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Hasn't Nintendo said at least once that the NX, Wii U, and 3DS are all meant to coexist? I certainly hope so, because the Wii U hasn't lived up to its full potential.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Hasn't Nintendo said at least once that the NX, Wii U, and 3DS are all meant to coexist? I certainly hope so, because the Wii U hasn't lived up to its full potential.
Via their new network that DLNA is supposedly involved in? I think they implied that the WiiU will stick around via that statement.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
It will happen with or without Sakurai. The Smash series is pretty much a gold mine.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Telling such a huge lie about the basic nature of your next console/product would be bad PR, though. The impression I've gotten is that the NX is not going to be their next big home console or their next big handheld. It could be some kind of multimedia thing, an officially endorsed Retron-type product, or (and this is so utterly improbable it could fuel the spaceship Heart of Gold for a month, but I've heard some theories and fell in love with the idea) a collaboration with Microsoft, hence the name. Given that the Wii U still has Star Fox, Zelda, and (in America) Yoshi's Woolly World coming out, all of which will sell big, I'm not sure I'd call the Wii U "abandoned" just yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Of course there will be a Smash 5, no doubt. It's a system seller after all.

Playcube

Smash Cadet
It Already Happen Guys it's Called Super Smash Bros Ultimate for Nintendo Switch

All Veterans are All Back

:pichumelee::younglinkmelee::squirtle::ivysaur::wolf::snake::popo: Even the Cut Characters.

I'm So Glad there Back All in One Game

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I honestly doubt were getting Smash 5 until the 10th generation of gaming (which is the generation after the NX) seeing as Smash 4 will have a long life cycle with DLC and that Sakurai is tired from doing all this. At best, we could see an NX port of Smash 4 that includes the IC's and a SSE mode to fill the long gap between Smash 4 and Smash 5.

Well this aged like spoiled milk...

also prob going to be infracted for replying to a thread from 3 years ago lol

Last edited:

Playcube

Smash Cadet
We Could Add SSBM HD and SSBU as Seperate Games for Switch.

I'm Just Saying that it Could Happen.

Otherwise that this thread is Going to be Outdated

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Melee HD will never happen lol. This Smash game took a lot of Melee-like elements in to it's gameplay as a way to satisfy those needs.

Playcube

Smash Cadet
Ok then Why Not SSB64 HD for Nintendo Switch,Wii U,Wii,3ds,Gamecube,Ps3,ps2,ps1,ps4,xbox 1,xbox 360,PC/Mac,and Mobile Phones

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Don't bump old threads over a month past when there's nothing to contribute.

Also, do not post more than once in a row. Edit your messages instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom