• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Worldwide: 1600+ Sign Ups, $1000 Prize Pool, And A Record Breaking Tournament

T0MMY

Smash Master
Woohoo, got top 5!
Was very sad the poll voted to allow Mii but then the TO's decided to put a limits on it that makes the character unplayable for me. So I changed my name to Ban/Limit Mii = Scrubby in honor of not being able to play my main.
Mii strike back!

#DontBanMiiBro

HyruleSmasher

Smash Cadet
i guess im the only one that can't play either of the smashbros because i don't have any of the systems as of yet.. sad :smash:

M@v

Subarashii!
Looking forward the results postings for this. I didn't use Fox because he drives me bonkers on wifi/ and in lag but my Mario and Lucina were knocking a lot of heads in this tourney :)

Last edited:

The Mayor

Smash Rookie
****ing ridiculous i was eliminated by a character that wasnt even legal! Dapuffster has to get off his highhorse and play a real character, not a broken piece of filth

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
****ing ridiculous i was eliminated by a character that wasnt even legal! Dapuffster has to get off his highhorse and play a real character, not a broken piece of filth
Lol okay maybe you should read the rules next time they were legal. Stop discriminating.

The Mayor

Smash Rookie
Lol okay maybe you should read the rules next time they were legal. Stop discriminating.
You just cant win with any other character, your a hack who needs to use cheese tactics to win. you play a character no one knows the matchup for because there not on for glory, the game was designed to not have them be competitive, why should we legalize something that cant even be played in online ladder?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You just cant win with any other character, your a hack who needs to use cheese tactics to win. you play a character no one knows the matchup for because there not on for glory, the game was designed to not have them be competitive, why should we legalize something that cant even be played in online ladder?
Uh-huh, because you know, I could just pick up Diddy like everyone else and just be a better character. Diddy is still better. Nobody knows the matchup on for glory? Ok, then how come people don't freak out when they get cp'd to anywhere that isn't FD?

They are also legal on anther's ladder. I main Mii Brawler because he is my favorite character in the game and he feels just right. If I wanted to win I would just tier ***** Diddy.

I don't even remember who you are in the tournament, but clearly if YOU were good, you wouldn't have been eliminated in losers by somebody else.

This is discrimination at its finest and I think you're being a horrible person right now.

TheBardlyBard

Smash Cadet
Yo dawg mcdonalds messed up my fries, Can you pass the salt?

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Yo dawg, pass the salt.
But in all seriousness, you can use Mii in Ladder like Anther's Ladder and Smash Dojo.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
You sound like one of the most salty smashers ever. You are basing the game off of For Glory and yet by that logic, there should be no other stages than FD. Not only that, this game was no designed to be competitive so saying they weren't is hypocritical. Also, FG is not an online ladder, it does not have proper rankings and match making of other fighters and if you want to play on a real Smash 4 ladder, go to Anther's were Miis are allowed and are not confined.

Lets also talk about how you are crying about a match up you don't know and are now johning because of it. Dapuffster was the Best Jiggz and Brawl and can play more characters than Brawler but he has the most fun and gets the best results from him so why not play a character in a fighting game that is legal to play?

Go back to beating random bad players in For Glory and then losing to the good ones that just want to see if they can find someone decent enough to try their for fun characters against.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Although MY particular Mii was not allowed (I don't do a 1-1-1-1 type of build) Dapuffster put the work in to learn how to play Brawler the way the tournament allowed for - if anyone thinks it's not fair they lost then consider that Dapuffster is actually the one that was at an unfair advantage because no other character had a limitation placed on it except for the one that he mains. How is THAT fair?

The limits only seem to give the salty scrubs more to complain about and doesn't do anything for the players who just want to play and have fun.

Where can we see the results of the poll regarding the Mii fighters?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I.... cannot believe I am only seeing this NOW. Golly, this sounds perfect for a tournament, and I missed it :(

Sodrek

Smash Cadet
damn i was mentioned in that post, but not participated. Sry for not deconfirming :(

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Had a blast streaming and commentating last night! Wish I could have streamed -Champ-, could not because of connection issues to him - but man, I was rooting for him after the trouncing he gave me in Round 2!

I'll be uploading replays from the stream throughout the week at www.youtube.com/sewerbuddies, which include matches all the way up to Top 32 Losers 5 and including names like Regalht, Chazo, wifi_warrior_, and 6WX, or if you want to sit and watch all 8 hours of our stream it's in our history at www.twitch.tv/sewerbuddies . Thanks for letting us be a part of this!

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
25th out of 1600+ entrants aint too shabby :p Can only go up from here yeeeee.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
@ T0MMY T0MMY I actually agree that Miis do not need any restrictions of any kind. All of our Hypest weeklies have them legal with all custom moves AND sizes available, any Mii mains that want a chance at an unrestricted environment please come.

The poll of whether to even keep them legal at all I can give you the results for everyone that signed up and was included yesterday.

51% Banned
39% Legal
10% I Dont Know

We had to include the "I don't know" alongside yes to make the vote close. I have a feeling For Glory bias was VERY strong here and that people in general are highly uneducated about Miis which is really sad. More TOs should step it up in this regard and have them legal. If you gotta use guest Miis and default size for logistics I understand, but it's so easy to use their custom moves and for folks to practice against them. If people actually play as them and against them they'd find these characters are great additions to the meta.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
@ T0MMY T0MMY I actually agree that Miis do not need any restrictions of any kind. All of our Hypest weeklies have them legal with all custom moves AND sizes available, any Mii mains that want a chance at an unrestricted environment please come.

The poll of whether to even keep them legal at all I can give you the results for everyone that signed up and was included yesterday.

51% Banned
39% Legal
10% I Dont Know

We had to include the "I don't know" alongside yes to make the vote close. I have a feeling For Glory bias was VERY strong here and that people in general are highly uneducated about Miis which is really sad. More TOs should step it up in this regard and have them legal. If you gotta use guest Miis and default size for logistics I understand, but it's so easy to use their custom moves and for folks to practice against them. If people actually play as them and against them they'd find these characters are great additions to the meta.
I completely agree. I find that For Glory argument lacking since a majority of the cast you will never find on For Glory and the skill level on For Glory for the most part is definitely below average so I just don't understand that point of view at all. @ Jigglymaster Jigglymaster his Mii Brawler was soooo hype yesterday I loved seeing something new and the Miis are competitively viable so I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I completely agree. I find that For Glory argument lacking since a majority of the cast you will never find on For Glory and the skill level on For Glory for the most part is definitely below average so I just don't understand that point of view at all. @ Jigglymaster Jigglymaster his Mii Brawler was soooo hype yesterday I loved seeing something new and the Miis are competitively viable so I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed.
Could someone point me to a video or stream where this happened? I'm dying to see pro-level Mii play.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Could someone point me to a video or stream where this happened? I'm dying to see pro-level Mii play.
www.twitch.tv/hypeststream

We had one match from Dapuffster there. They'll eventually hit our Youtube channel as well, and Dapuffster in winners and grand finals should be up soon as well :D

If you wanna see stuff sooner, try Cobbs Games on Youtube and HypestTube. They have Kodystri's Mii Gunner which is pretty on point.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master

Thanks for posting the info!
The main problem I see with conducting a poll like that is it is essentially asking if the competitor wants an advantage - eliminating ANY character that isn't used by the competitor would be an advantage and they would reasonably comply with that advantage.

So maybe the poll was well-intended, but probably did not give the results to the intended question. Compared to the last poll I saw regarding Mii - was a public poll; about 80% were in favor of not imposing a ban on Mii - same question but different circumstances (those polled were not potentially going to be competing against the character).

I'm also happy to hear that Hypest weeklies have no character restrictions of any kind; after playing in this last online tournament I am starting to get more interested in online competitions because:
  • This was well run/organized/advertised
  • Had strong competition & notable names
  • Grouped by location so connection was very much acceptable
  • And true to the name, brought the "hype"
    • I think this is because a lot of people out there have a lot of hype behind them due to their Character/Location/Rivalry/Etc. and I noticed just mentioning these players gets more interest and gets people talking more. So kudos on getting so many people on board to compete!
I'll look into joining in on the Hypest online weeklies whenever I am available (saturdays are usually offline tournaments so having this on sunday worked out great for me).

RareMagmar

Smash Rookie
NNID
deauhmon
This tournament was garbage. TO's were so dumb. Hope you guys enjoyed the lag.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
This tournament was garbage. TO's were so dumb. Hope you guys enjoyed the lag.
When you signed up for an online tournament, you implicitly agreed to deal with lag like the rest of the 1,600+ participants.

Considering all the work that went into organizing this thing, and you didn't pay a dime for their services to enter, you could at least be thankful for the opportunity to play.

Last edited:

RareMagmar

Smash Rookie
NNID
deauhmon
When you signed up for an online tournament, you implicitly agreed to deal with lag like the rest of the 1,600+ participants.

Considering all the work that went into organizing this thing, and you didn't pay a dime for their services to enter, you could at least be thankful for the opportunity to play.
Ok maybe complaining about lag is a bit petty. I appreciate being ppart of a large tournament. Just a all together bad online tournament experience for me.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Ok maybe complaining about lag is a bit petty. I appreciate being ppart of a large tournament. Just a all together bad online tournament experience for me.
Well, look at it this way - you haven't gained or lost anything!

Personally, I got trashed early on, but I'm happy for the experience of going up against a pro (-Champ- was my first opponent, and he went undefeated all the way through NA E 7 and went halfway through the top 32 bracket). And I still got to stream after, which was even more fun since the stress of actually playing got out of the way early!

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
This was a fun event. My first tournament in a long time! I can't afford to travel until I finish my PhD, so this is an awesome way to practice up in a serious environment. Also, going 2-2 isn't too bad for my first time back. OK one was a DQ... but I take those! Ha ha.

Got reamed by jiggs and had a close match vs olimar. I also almost jv 4'd a ROB. So. Big win, big loss, and a close fight. Good mix!

Host another sometime!

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Looking back on my games, I can tell my biggest enemy was nerves. I knew earlier in the day when I missed four turns headed towards a Target I visit frequently that I wasn't in the best mindset!

I might've done better had I focused more on playing and practiced more throughout the week, but then I wouldn't have got to stream as many other players - and I feel like I've learned a lot from watching better players than myself, so in that respect I think I've won more by getting knocked out early. My opponents definitely deserved to proceed as well, they were both amazing players.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
Until they get the results up: Here's the link to all the pool brackets and the top 32 bracket: http://worldwide.challonge.com/

And here are the top 32 results. I'll list the characters and their actual tag if its not on here(bracket used challenge account names) to the best of my knowledge: EU and AUS Denote region obviously.

1st: ChileZeRo (CT Zero) :4diddy:
2nd: Dapuffster :4miibrawl:
3rd: Raffi-X :4rob:
4th: Alphicans :4littlemac:/:4diddy:?(Not sure if he used diddy)
5th: SuperNatsu56
5th: LionmanCF
7th: 6WX :4sonic:
7th: SSBFC Fish-
9th: Cacogen
9th: RegiShikimi
9th: Mr_R (EU) :4falcon:
9th: Wifi_warrior (Samboner) :4sheik:
13th: Marcbri (EU)
13th: fw.Gyo
13th: Luisfer
13th: Villyness (AUS)
17th: YellowRello
17th: [XPG] Don Papi DivA
17th: -Champ- :4tlink:
17th: RMNYF|Hypest|Kodystri :4ness:
17th: Nikes (AUS)
17th: BengalsRZ :4zss:
17th: pghMav (Mav/M@v) :4mario:/:4lucina:
17th: ZoomZike
25th: 0Tales0
25th: Greward
25th: Katakiri:4metaknight:
25th: IQHQ| Troyfullbuster
25th: Zawgay
25th: Jerm:4shulk:
25th: Akiro_TPH
25th: Chazo

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Until they get the results up: Here's the link to all the pool brackets and the top 32 bracket: http://worldwide.challonge.com/

And here are the top 32 results. I'll list the characters and their actual tag if its not on here(bracket used challenge account names) to the best of my knowledge: EU and AUS Denote region obviously.

5th: SuperNatsu56
9th: Cacogen
25th: IQHQ| Troyfullbuster
25th: Zawgay
25th: Akiro_TPH
Awesome job man. Ima work like hell to get my boi higher up on that list! :D

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

5th: SuperNatsu56 :4sonic:
9th: Cacogen :4link:
25th: IQHQ| Troyfullbuster :4diddy:
25th: Zawgay :4pacman:
25th: Akiro_TPH :4sheik:

Added more character usages to players that you didn't know. I don't know all of them either but I just added what I knew.

knifeofdunwall

Smash Rookie
Sorry, but all serious competitive Smash 4 is gonna be on Wii U.
Sorry but just because you don't enjoy playing on 3DS doesn't mean others don't as has been shown by the fact that 3DS tourneys are still happening semi regularly

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
That was fun. Can someone organize another asap? No prizes necessary imo
We host weeklies all the time and are trying to host things for all countries. We're going to try to host Smash 4 Worldwide 2 when we can, we'll just have to see how that goes.

Top Bottom