• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 - Weight Rankings

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'm just curious, how come Mewtwo is heavier than Jigglypuff by those numbers, but he seems to die off the sides earlier? What else factors in to this?
This shouldn't be the case, just tested:

DK uses an uncharged fsmash on his opponent who stands in the middle of an omega stage:

KO %...
Input|Mewtwo|Jigglypuff
no input (DI or anything): |73 %|72%
hold horizontal against the knockback (held like 180°): |86 %|83 %

Edit:

Now with a different move... Mewtwos Bthrow at the edge of an omega while DIing 0°/180° to the stage:

Jiggs dies at 110 %
Mewtwo dies at 109 %

Not sure why there are differences here and with DKs fsmash. Very weird...

Edit2: Weird. Now I'm getting different results with DKs fsmash than before. Probably different hitboxes or I'm angling a few ° different to DI. Dunno how exactly I did it before, but now Mewtwo dies at 85 % from fsmash and Jiggs even dies at 80 % or sooner (didn't test <80 %), but it's dying off the top. Without DIing it's still 73 to 72 % though, with Mewtwo living 1 % longer.

Tested with Bowsers fsmash now. No DI in the middle of omega Jiggs dies at 49 % and Mewtwo at 50 %. With DI both die at 59 %.

Last edited:

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
This shouldn't be the case, just tested:

DK uses an uncharged fsmash on his opponent who stands in the middle of an omega stage:

KO %...
Input|Mewtwo|Jigglypuff
no input (DI or anything): |73 %|72%
hold horizontal against the knockback (held like 180°): |86 %|83 %

Edit:

Now with a different move... Mewtwos Bthrow at the edge of an omega while DIing 0°/180° to the stage:

Jiggs dies at 110 %
Mewtwo dies at 109 %

Not sure why there are differences here and with DKs fsmash. Very weird...

Edit2: Weird. Now I'm getting different results with DKs fsmash than before. Probably different hitboxes or I'm angling a few ° different to DI. Dunno how exactly I did it before, but now Mewtwo dies at 85 % from fsmash and Jiggs even dies at 80 % or sooner (didn't test <80 %), but it's dying off the top. Without DIing it's still 73 to 72 % though, with Mewtwo living 1 % longer.

Tested with Bowsers fsmash now. No DI in the middle of omega Jiggs dies at 49 % and Mewtwo at 50 %. With DI both die at 59 %.
Well, you know there's big difference between weight and falling speed, right? Weight is just a character's resistance to knockback in general but falling speed determines what type knockback you are more susceptible to. Floaty characters die faster off the top and fast fallers die faster off the sides. Since Mewtwo is only slightly heavier than Jiggs but falls a lot faster he'll die faster off the sides than Jiggs will... But Idk if either of you knew that. It just wasn't mentioned.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well, you know there's big difference between weight and falling speed, right? Weight is just a character's resistance to knockback in general but falling speed determines what type knockback you are more susceptible to. Floaty characters die faster off the top and fast fallers die faster off the sides. Since Mewtwo is only slightly heavier than Jiggs but falls a lot faster he'll die faster off the sides than Jiggs will... But Idk if either of you knew that. It just wasn't mentioned.
Of course I know that. I'm talking about KOs off the side.

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Rosalina lives in space, makes sense that she presents no concept of weight.

I think Mewtwo dies earlier at the side due to his huge form.

Also, this is the thinnest armour Samus has ever worn, yet she is the heaviest she's ever been. Fckin Adam Malkovich.

SketchPadPony

Smash Rookie
Not sure if it's testable or not, but I was wondering if Bowser Jr. had a separate weight for when he was out of his Clown Car. It doesn't make much sense to me that he would have the same weight for when he's in his vehicle as when he is out of it.

If anyone could give me an answer to this, it would be appreciated.

-Sketch

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Not sure if it's testable or not, but I was wondering if Bowser Jr. had a separate weight for when he was out of his Clown Car. It doesn't make much sense to me that he would have the same weight for when he's in his vehicle as when he is out of it.

If anyone could give me an answer to this, it would be appreciated.

-Sketch
Same weight.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
That's cause you too slow m8
How does one go about testing this?

I was testing Up-Throwing with Mewtwo (And Jiggz just for good measure) and F-Smashing with Mario and on both accounts Ryu died earlier than Lucario (but later than Mario) which says 99. Roy also died earlier than Lucario but later than Ryu (and Mario). Yet you say he is 103 (instead of say, 98.4). I am not doubting you, I am just wondering why he dies earlier than Lucario if he also falls faster than him (or at least it feel like he does).

By my results Roy should be extremely close to Lucario and Ryu should be about 60% closer to Mario than to Lucario but still in between both (Placing them at 18 and 19 respectively). Yet I have no idea if what I am doing is right so please teach me :).

Last edited:

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Fall speed and gravity affect knockback a decent amount, I tested with the Garden of Hope scales. Falcon's (104) scale went down very slowly with Ryu on the other one, and Shulk's (102) scale went up very slowly with Ryu on the other one.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Here, let me do this tyvm

I'm home now. Will check Ryu and find out Fake Ness and the third FE clone.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Fall speed and gravity affect knockback a decent amount, I tested with the Garden of Hope scales. Falcon's (104) scale went down very slowly with Ryu on the other one, and Shulk's (102) scale went up very slowly with Ryu on the other one.
Ah I see. Thanks for letting me know. I guess Lucario does fall faster than Ryu then (by that explanation). Definitely doesn't feel like it when playing. Ryu feels like a rock.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I've updated the website to have the right numbers/rankings for all characters including RYU, ROY and THE OTHER CHARACTER I DONT REMEMBER

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Oh, i'm sorry. I had gotten a friend to help me on the 3ds version, but i forgot to post the results. so sry

The weights on the 3ds version did not change with whatever stance kirby had, same with the wii u version, the scales treat kirby as the same weight whatever stance he's in, same with Shulk.

I'm guessing this helps with the assumption that the stances affect the knockback by a certain number or ratio rather than the weight, but nothing else.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
So it seems the two obvious big weaknesses Cloud has is his lack of threat on shields and poor recovery. Most his moves do little to no shield damage, and his Marth-like grabs (albeit do more percent) give little incentive for your opponent to ever not shield. I think as time goes on, uthrowing to get in position to abuse his uair (which is god-like) will be the best use of his throws, particularly in stages with low ceilings. As for his recovery (which is the biggest thing deterring people from considering him top tier atm), has anyone discovered if using his other special abilities actually help out? Would say b reversing limit break charge be of any use to Cloud?

Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy To be fair, that puts him is the "low heavy weight" division, so not too shabby for how fast Cloud is. As a matter of fact, everything taken together, he might have the best mobility in the game (just be pure movement), or at worst, tied for best movement in the game.

MitchBerryCrunch

Smash Cadet
Anyone know the weight values for Corrin and Bayonetta? Far as I can tell Corrin is around Roy or Wii Fit weight level and Bayo is about Meta Knight or Little Mac weight. Don't know how calculate the weight value so thx in advance for whoever does.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know the weight values for Corrin and Bayonetta? Far as I can tell Corrin is around Roy or Wii Fit weight level and Bayo is about Meta Knight or Little Mac weight. Don't know how calculate the weight value so thx in advance for whoever does.
On Kurogane Bayonetta weight is listed as 84 and Corrin at 98

Top Bottom