• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Tier List Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoastingKoopa

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Hello everyone, this is my predictions for the Smash 4 tier list, I know alot of people have done this already but I just wanted to share my opinion! Feel free to disagree with this as In no way is this the actual tier list and this may be completely inaccurate to what the actual one will be, but I just thought it'd be fun to kinda guess what it'd be like. (P.S. I do not own the Japanese version I am just going off of what ive seen on the many live streams and YouTube vids iv'e watched and the demo.)

S Tier - :4bowser::4robinm:
A Tier -:4zss::rosalina::4metaknight::4greninja::4dk::4drmario::4mario::4marth::4olimar:
B Tier -:4sheik: :4kirby::4pit::4fox::4falcon::4dedede::4diddy::4lucario::4lucina::4duckhunt:
C Tier -:4littlemac::4bowserjr::4darkpit::4falco::4jigglypuff::4palutena::4pacman::4pikachu::4samus::4wario::toonlink:
D Tier -:4gaw::4myfriends::4link::4peach::4rob::4shulk::4sonic::4villager:
E Tier -:4charizard::4luigi::4megaman::4wiifit::4yoshi:
F Tier -:4ganondorf::4ness::4zelda:

If I missed anyone please tell me!

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Prediction: Too early

But I'll give my opinions. I'm bell-curving mine to 7-10-14-10-7. Order not set, just grouping (though I try to order them a bit). I don't think there will be that massive of a tier discrepancy (especially not any time soon), and hope it can at worst be categorized as High-Mid-Low and at best "This character beats these, but loses to this comparable number in equal skill matches.

High- :4sheik::4zss::4duckhunt::4bowserjr::rosalina::4villager::4shulk:
Mid-High- :4littlemac::4bowser::4dedede::4robinm::4rob::4sonic::4yoshi::4darkpit::4jigglypuff::4falcon:
Mid- :4wario2::4palutena::4marth::4diddy::4metaknight::4pacman::4drmario::4falco::4lucario::4olimar::4greninja::4mario::4myfriends::4lucina:
Mid-Low- :4kirby::4fox::4peach::4ness::4zelda::4wiifitm::4megaman::4pikachu::4pit::4samus:
Low- :4link::4dk::4ganondorf::4gaw::4luigi::4tlink::4charizard:

Last edited:

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I have no predictions but I can tell you Rob, Ness, Dedede, Sonic, Little Mac, and DHD should be higher.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Now if everybody seems balanced and viable(going by general consensus), I feel like the letter connotations are a bit...misleading. Usually when I read E tier I go "eugh."

Last edited:

RoastingKoopa

Smash Rookie
@ KaZe_DaRKWIND KaZe_DaRKWIND Little Mac - I put him mid-ish because allot of people said he's a risky character, he's extremely strong but if you make just one mistake that could be the end of you because he is somewhat light and has terrible recovery.
Rob, Dedede and Ness - I suppose they could be a bit higher mainly ROB
Sonic - I haven't seen to much Sonic game play so I ranked him mainly on how he was from Brawl, so i guess he might be better.

@ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd I agree I think they should just say something like "High Tier" or "Mid Low Tier". But i'm just doing like this because they have always been like this.

Prince Lolz

Smash Apprentice
Villager is awesome, I wanted to main him ever since the reveal trailer. However more and more people seem to be jumping on board with him later on...and I dont want to be one in the swarm of users of him. When in the beginning they were dissing him and i was squealing and hugging him.
Whatever.
But thats besides the point, its far too early to make a tier list. And even that is based on nothing. Remember jigglypuff and olimar? I rest my case.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The top 4 at the Hitbox invitational were Rosalina, Diddy, Megman, and Zelda. A crap load of people don't even have the game yet and we're making tier lists with characters that are being put on the bottom who are actually placing high in tournaments.

We don't know ANYTHING yet.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Really feel like only A, B,and C will be necessary. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYBE D.

Maybe.

There are a number of characters that haven't been really used yet or at least, have been shown to be used in a tournament, and well.... it's way too early. I know it can be fun for people to predict how the tier list will shape up, but you should understand that most tier list discussions this early are likely to end up being messy most of the time

The best you can do now is to only share your impressions of the characters

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
The top 4 at the Hitbox invitational were Rosalina, Diddy, Megman, and Zelda. A crap load of people don't even have the game yet and we're making tier lists with characters that are being put on the bottom who are actually placing high in tournaments.

We don't know ANYTHING yet.
I think the point of this thread is for posterity. To show how we thought of the game before the tier list really settled in. It's not meant to be that serious and final, just initial first impressions.

I think Villager will be the new Olimar - once people master his move set, he will be an incredibly frustrating camp character.

I think Bowser will go down a TON after the dust settles. His moves are still a little too predictable and I am getting a "Game and Watch in Melee" vibe from him, in that his hype is based around one really quick aerial move.

Robin will either be really really good or worthless, like most characters like her.

Shulk is too slow to merit much buzz, and will be a C tier character if that.

I think Zero Suit or possibly Duck Hunt might be the best characters in this game.

And this is just from watching and not playing. So HUGE grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom