• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Walking with monsters lists Pterygotus as being 3 meters long, and the largest of the arthropods
But, with searching I found that Pterygotus is listed as reaching 1.6 meters and Jaekelopterus was the largest arthropod reaching 2.5 meters.
But at the same time I can't find any source that lists that as an inaccuracy in walking with monsters (There are lists of inaccuracies of the documentary and none of them list that)
So, was Pterygotus the largest arthropod, or was it Jaekelopterus?

Last edited:

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098
Im predicting an uncle sam character, lady liberty assist, and a Mcdonalds stage confirmed on july 4th:seuss:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Walking with monsters lists Pterygotus as being 3 meters long, and the largest of the arthropods
But, with searching I found that Pterygotus is listed as reaching 1.6 meters and Jaekelopterus was the largest arthropod reaching 2.5 meters.
But at the same time I can't find any source that lists that as an inaccuracy in walking with monsters (There are lists of inaccuracies of the documentary and none of them list that)
You lost my on Pterodactyl....

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No one get's my joke hmph
Oh I do but for every person who jokes about it, there's 12 people who ask if Sakurai is going to post something special on a Western/American holiday. In the past year, Sakurai recognized two: Christmas Eve and Valentine's Day (which really surprised me) but people keep asking anyways for some reason.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Now watch, Sakurai's troll attitude will kick in and Independence Day is the only holiday to get a reveal, leaving the Japanese to think "INDEPENDENCE DAY? WHAT'S THAT?"

:troll:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Or the cracker launcher. :awesome: I don't understand why people expect Sakurai to recognize American holidays. We have literally gone through this for every American holiday in the past year.
I think people like being disappointed

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Oh I do but for every person who jokes about it, there's 12 people who ask if Sakurai is going to post something special on a Western/American holiday. In the past year, Sakurai recognized two: Christmas Eve and Valentine's Day (which really surprised me) but people keep asking anyways for some reason.
I just wish they think uh well it's a japenese made game so i doubt he know

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I just remembered...

Tomorrow's Canada Day, and the Ice Climbers should be revealed in all their parka glory!

Then Canada will finally be confirmed for existing!

:troll:

Khoru

Smash Champion
What exactly is a "(Not) Post"?
neon genesis evangelion is an anime
it received a reboot in an (at this time) tetralogy of films called the rebuild of evangelion; the first three (i.e. the ones released) are titled "Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone", "Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance", and "Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo"
i thought the largest arthropod was Arthropleura

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
neon genesis evangelion is an anime
it received a reboot in an (at this time) tetralogy of films called the rebuild of evangelion; the first three (i.e. the ones released) are titled "Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone", "Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance", and "Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo"

i thought the largest arthropod was Arthropleura
If Pterygotus was 3 meters long, it would be larger

Also, I'm also finding conflicting reports on the length of Arthropleura but GOOGLE boldly states it was 2.1 meters long which would be .4 meters smaller than Jaekelopterus

Wikipedia lists it as 0.3–2.6 meters which would put it at .1 meters longer than Jaekelopterus

Khoru

Smash Champion
If Pterygotus was 3 meters long, it would be larger

Also, I'm also finding conflicting reports on the length of Arthropleura but GOOGLE boldly states it was 2.1 meters long which would be .4 meters smaller than Jaekelopterus

Wikipedia lists it as 0.3–2.6 meters which would put it at .1 meters longer than Jaekelopterus
lengths of extinct things are always weird
like are we looking at a regular individual or are we looking at the eurypterid shaquille o'neal

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
lengths of extinct things are always weird
like are we looking at a regular individual or are we looking at the eurypterid shaquille o'neal
Well that 2.6 long arthropleura seems to be the shaq of it's species (Since it's smallest would be .3 meters)

But 2.5 for Jaekelopterus seems to be the "average", since it's JUST listed as 2.5

(Either that or they haven't found enough to make a broader estimate)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's a good think we're not like our synapsid ancestors

Dimetrodon ate it's young the second they were born if they weren't able to get away in time as an evolutionary mechanic to weed out the weak

A lot of ancient animals didn't eat for a lot of their pregnancy

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People talking about July 4th...
I have to bag groceries all day the next day. I'm unable to actually celebrate the holiday.

But seriously, why is anyone expecting anything noteworthy to be revealed Friday? Maybe we'll get lucky and by coincidence a stage will be revealed, but I highly doubt it.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Not read until July 4th!!!!1!!!!

J U L Y 4 T H

It's July 4th!
Time to celebrate and more
With ev'ry person! (even ******)
Everybody can join, says Jefferson!

Cuz' baby you're a firework, c'mon, show 'em what you're worth...
Make 'em go, "oh, oh, oh", as you shoot across the sky-y-y

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
J U L Y 4 T H

It's July 4th!
With ev'ry person! (even *****s)

You're like four days early dude.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
J U L Y 4 T H

It's July 4th!
With ev'ry person! (even *****s)

What the hell time zone are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom