• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
"Has it never occurred to you that this planet is overpopulated?"

- Albert Wesker

edit: I doe legitimately agree, though.
The standard of living that most people take for granted within a modernised 1st world country (e.g. Australia, Northern Europe, Germany [basically everything country in the world under a welfare state system: Sorry USA]) is not possible on our current population scale. i.e. long, boring (highly growing rate of mental health problems) but probably physically healthyish lives.

The rate at which we consume certain foods (fish, palm oil, etc) isn't sustainable for longevity at the rate the world's population currently wants them. The entire world does all its fishing in either the most northern or most southern parts of the Oceans now, as there's virtually nothing left elsewhere. South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Chile/Argentina (right?) get a lot of fun out of having to divvy up their marina borders to the USA and East Asia ("Why can't you fish near where you guys live?" "Because there be none left near us, and its a monopoly as considered by this constitutionally binding treaty we forced you into post WWII for you guys to get the only place where fish are, so, we're fishing here. TOO BAD" [20 years later in Antarctica: no fish left in Antarctica*]).

*By the way scientists who said you shouldn't fish in Antarctica, not like we care, but how long are these fish going to take to come back in large numbers in large size? "Well most of the large fish you so routinely net and spear fish out of here are likely to be in their 20-50 years old; we've only recently come to understand A SIGNIFICANTLY SMALL PORTION of the life cycles of most breeds of large ocean creatures, fish get more reproductive in age, hence the ability for populations to grow back are going to be very slow or unlikely".

Don't worry guys, Jellyfish.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The standard of living that most people take for granted within a modernised 1st world country (e.g. Australia, Northern Europe, Germany [basically everything country in the world under a welfare state system: Sorry USA]) is not possible on our current population scale. i.e. long, boring (highly growing rate of mental health problems) but probably physically healthyish lives.

The rate at which we consume certain foods (fish, palm oil, etc) isn't sustainable for longevity at the rate the world's population currently wants them. The entire world does all its fishing in either the most northern or most southern parts of the Oceans now, as there's virtually nothing left elsewhere. South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Chile/Argentina (right?) get a lot of fun out of having to divvy up their marina borders to the USA and East Asia ("Why can't you fish near where you guys live?" "Because there be none left near us, and its a monopoly as considered by this constitutionally binding treaty we forced you into post WWII for you guys to get the only place where fish are, so, we're fishing here. TOO BAD" [20 years later in Antarctica: no fish left in Antarctica]).
Hm.

Could the overpopulation issue be partially solved if we (collectively) did not reproduce so much?
Regardless of how feasible that is.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You can't get people to stop breeding

Especially when the government gives them money for doing it

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's just safer to say we're ****ed and coin it just another mishap in the random number generator known as evolution, better luck next time, somewhere else, a few billion years from now. Maybe.
(Well not maybe, the universe is technically so large it's guaranteed. Technically so large every minute moment of every instance of history has infinite repetitions of the exact same state of existence with every different alternative spaced so far apart from each other you would never reach it in the length of time the universe will live for [everytime I try to wrap my head around that I get annoyed, but at the very least it guarantees aliens exist]).

Right now I want an image with God looking at a cheque book or something and ticking off things in a timeline, "big bang" tick, "planet with 2d anime girls [with a portal to Japan]" tick, "earth" big red squiggly marks with 'whoops' written there.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's going to be octopus people
They are definitely in line to becoming the dominant species. Brains so large, very scary. Tentacles maybe become better than thumbs eventually. Tentacles apparently have other good uses too (according to Japan).

1370247952427.jpg

I for one look forward to falling through a wormhole to original motherland to face my squid/octopus overlords.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
They are definitely in line to becoming the dominant species. Brains so large, very scary. Tentacles maybe become better than thumbs eventually. Tentacles apparently have other good uses too (according to Japan).

View attachment 16539

I for one look forward to falling through a wormhole to original motherland to face my squid/octopus overlords.
Looks like alien corn

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

They're already here. It won't be long until they've completely taken over...

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
(Well not maybe, the universe is technically so large it's guaranteed. Technically so large every minute moment of every instance of history has infinite repetitions of the exact same state of existence with every different alternative spaced so far apart from each other you would never reach it in the length of time the universe will live for [everytime I try to wrap my head around that I get annoyed, but at the very least it guarantees aliens exist])
Smash Bros is real somewhere

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Jeez guys, falling for the whole trap.

"In a universe where smash doesn't exist and is replaced by call of duty"
Logically you're replacing 0 smash with 0 call of duty.

Last edited:

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
God why did I join this forum again if not to be part of the chat and not have to refresh the page every time as a guest? Oh yeah for Smash Bros!

That's right I use to stalk you all before I got an account :troll:

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I hope that everything shown so far in the 3DS version, besides Smash Run, is also in the Wii U version. I'm getting a bit worried.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom