• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
LOL with Pac Man in the game we could probably get our dads to play

They walk over, see Pac Man

"Hey, I remember that guy"

Whole family event out of it

...If I didn't have a broken family
I don't think my dad knows who Pacman is. Pacman was after his time

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Has no one noticed DK's aerial down special!?
Is it his DownB? I've heard some saying it's a new Dair

Is anyone else concerned that Miiverse predicted more characters than us?

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Is it his DownB? I've heard some saying it's a new Dair

Is anyone else concerned that Miiverse predicted more characters than us?
I checked it and his down aerial is the same as in Brawl. Therefore it might be his aerial down special due to the similiar animation.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Team Fake wins this round!

Take THAT ...Palutena...supporters...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Youtube comments for Smash 4 are painful to read.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Miiverse comments are painful to read

Not even dealing with smash or E3

just in general

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Miiverse comments are painful to read

Not even dealing with smash or E3

just in general
At least every second comment isn't something like "If you're looking forward to this game you're a blind f***tard who doesn't know s**t about good games"

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At least every second comment isn't something like "If you're looking forward to this game you're a blind f***tard who doesn't know s**t about good games"
Instead it has every other comment saying "Sakurai you ruined the game. Preorder cancelled"

Because of Pac Man or Mii

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So, basically Gematsu confirmed uh?
Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Kids and who else?
I hope there are more like Rosalina & Luma.

Anyway Pac-Man looks great. Is there a video of all the new final smashes?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Can't watch much E3-stuff from my current state, internet's still cut off from my house and other places I go don't stream videos well.

That being said, sweet damn. E3 for this year was mind-blowing.

I really, really hope we get Marshall by Gematsu-leak's prediction...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

REVOLVER ARM CANNON

Totally going to use Cowboy costume for my mii now

No exceptions

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Instead it has every other comment saying "Sakurai you ruined the game. Preorder cancelled"

Because of Pac Man or Mii
Well that's less painful than people blindly calling eachother f***ktards because they're looking forward to a game. Or going off at people who are defending a game that they've played even though it "looks like a piece of ****".
Seriously? I don't care if you don't like Smash 4, if you think another title is better fine, but why the hell are you calling it **** if you haven't played it and antagonising people that are looking forward to it and will like it?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Has anyone managed to write up the attacks used by the characters at E3? Very curious about that.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
LOL with Pac Man in the game we could probably get our dads to play

They walk over, see Pac Man

"Hey, I remember that guy"

Whole family event out of it

...If I didn't have a broken family

Yeah, I never knew my dad. He was a sperm donor. Only male figure in my life was my grandfather and uncles.

But, at least, there's my not-dad-but-not-really-stepdad-either-but-future-hopefully-soon-to-be-father-in-law-eventually-someday that I get to spend time with. ^_^

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So apparently Nintendo reps at the E3 booths are writing down feedback and improvement suggestions. Someone on Reddit claimed to see a competitive player mention things like bigger dash dancing and less ending lag for aerials and the rep took the time to write everything down. Sounded promising until DrPP said they weren't asked for any feedback.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Here's a list of Mii's I'm creating when I get back home from Texas so I'm ready for Mii's in Smash

John Wayne
JC Chasez (Spelling fail)
Carlos- Magic School Bus
Mr Tanaka- Sonic X
Chris- Sonic X
Spike Witwicky- Transformers
Harry Potter
Neville Longbottom
Santiago Rivera (if I can manage to pull it off, but idk)
Chuck Norris

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There were so many ridley hints yesterday at E3, interesting.... As for the finals, neither deserved to be in them. And I loved reggie's ending words.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There were? I must've missed them then.
I found these interesting but subtle:

10 pyrosphere coincidentally wasn't playable. 2) Sakurai said samus was the strongest and bought up dk but didn't talk at all about him in the opening for the invitational. and finally: they played brinstar in the break, why not the main theme to go with all the fighting? Also I loved the announcers habitat for humanity reference lol.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, basically Gematsu confirmed uh?
Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Kids and who else?
That's probably going to be it for the initial release. Shulk and Chrom will probably be revealed in the August/October Direct while Chorus Men will be kept a secret until the end . At this point, people might as well hope that the remaining characters on their wishlist are DLC because I think yesterday pretty much sealed the deal for what the roster is going to look like.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
People hating on the new Zelda? Figures.

Get this everyone, Realistic Zelda is NOT where the series needs to go. Dark, edgy graphics are popular, but I'm sure we'll all remember WW's art style longer for whatever reason.

With that said, the new game looks magnificent. It's like a mixture of SS and WW. :laugh:

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Does everyone really believe that gematsu leak?
My guess is he just got lucky... The newcomers are all pretty logical from my perspective (except maybe the Wii Fit trainer)...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So customaziable move sets. Yay or nay?
Optional customization. Defiantly need to enforce this upon some competitive players.

But anyways yes. I predicted it on day one, and I felt it could increase the fun of the game overall. I'm glad to see my prediction wasn't put down.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Does everyone really believe that gematsu leak?
My guess is he just got lucky... The newcomers are all pretty logical from my perspective (except maybe the Wii Fit trainer)...
He's 8/11 so far, guessed "Mii Fighter", and although a lot of these characters may seemed logical to you, there have been numerous people who didn't think any one of them wouldn't make it in, due to their own logic. People can bring up chances and probability all they want, but 8 lucky guesses doesn't just happen like that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Explain what you mean here, I don't understand.
A lot of people before customization was confirmed stated repeatedly that customization would ruin the game competitively. Hell, it's still happening. But the fact is that this customization is optional and you aren't forced to use the feature. That's what I'm pointing out. I felt that should be said before people judge customization by a competitive view.

But I guess it doesn't mean much. By looks- smash is slowly going casual as is. I have no doubt people are more than likely going to do exactly what happened in brawl- come in, come out.

I honestly am wondering why this game doesn't play like an enhanced Melee. You'd think the success of P:M would enforce that, or the popularity of Melee overall. :confused:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
So I have apparently missed a lot, something happened. I just got done watching the Nintendo press conference only to find out that there is even more then that. I don't know where to even start. >_>
Don't forget to watch yesterday's treehouse if you're interested in seeing 4~ hs of pure gameplay on the games that were revealed yesterday, plus miyamoto talking about his two projects and star fox

wait they're not done???
Technically no. There's still left 2 days of treehouse were they will keep showing gameplay and announcing things

oh wait did you have work or something

wasn't game about robots that was the new project?
No, the new unnanounced project is a 3ds game and it will be announced today at the Q&A. Project Giant Robots is a Wii U game.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Optional customization.
That's what it is. As custom movesets can't be used in For Glory / With Anyone, I don't think they'll be allowed in tournaments. See Street Fighter X Tekken's Gem system. Difficult to balance, unlocking required and time-consuming to set up -- tournaments will most likely only allow default characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom