• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Good job for not listening to them, Nintendo. LGBT + Nintendo = Controversy.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/07/nintendo-says-its-upholding-gay-marriage-ban-in-tomodachi-life/
Eh, It was an honest glitch originally. Plus, they'd have to re-make a part of the game to allow male characters to not get pregnant.

Alrighty, I had this awesome idea a few months ago, since Nintendo is kinda a toy company too.

Nintendo should release collectable figurines like the trophies in Smash Bros. Heck, they could be those trophies from the last 2 games and the new ones plus other new never seen ones.

They could be 2''-2.5'' plastic figurines and could be sold for a $1 each out of those capsule machines (toy/collectors stores) or you could buy them in packs of 5/10/15/20 random figs at toy/collectors stores.

These could be like the trophies in Smash Bros and not be limited to just figurines of characters, but items as well, like a Pokeball, or Super Mushroom

Pros for the individual ones:
-You know which ones you buy
-No getting doubles in random packs
-You can have a sellective collection of, say, the Mario series.
Cons for the individual ones:
-Most expensive collection method

Pros for the packaged bundles:
-It's the less expensive collection method
-Special theme packs can be made (like Mario theme, Zelda theme, W101 theme, Smash theme)
-Occasionally a pack will have a solid gold colored figurine, with better chances with the bigger packs you buy
-Random packs add the excitement of surprise
Cons for the packaged bundles:
-You don't exactly know what you'll get with the random packs and you might get doubles

Prices (could be altered):
1 - $1
5 - $3
10 - $5
15 - $8
20 - $10

This is kinda one of the reasons I want to make my own Game Dev studio, make it grow into a big company, then become part of Nintendo and maybe become the prez of NoA. Embarrass

I approve.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm actually extremely excited for the Skylanders-esque figurine thing Nintendo's going through with. This just hupes me up more for E3. This better not be the focus of it, though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm actually extremely excited for the Skylanders-esque figurine thing Nintendo's going through with. This just hupes me up more for E3. This better not be the focus of it, though.
Oh no, they already confirmed that Smash 4 will be the focus. :p

Also: Cute Avi.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You know what I want more then Smash info at E3?

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Like seriously. We haven't had any news on that game since like January 2013? e_e

Although. I still nee to play at least one game in the SMT series to get a feel for it. Better put SMT4 on the to buy list.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, It's a good idea. We live in such a global world, and learning another language is a must. I took Latin when I was young, so I can get by VERY roughly with some European languages. But I'm learning Spanish now, just because of the growing population of Hispanic people in the US. Here's a secret:

I like Spanish better than English. :laugh:
Learning languages is quite important. And I think it's fun. I always admired the linguistic variety of the world.

Isn't English like the second or third most spoken language anyway? lol.
Yeah, something like that.

Chinese ranks 1st, which is hardly surprising.

Oh yes, I agree completely. They don't have long vowels, so (for example) 'Aaron' becomes 'Eren'. My Japanese friends also say that Japanese is so much more descriptive.
Portuguese has a particular type of vowels that aren't very welcome to foreigners. While not unique to the language, they are still where most foreigners have trouble pronouncing. I'm referring to nasal vowels, which are pronounced by letting air from the nose instead of the mouth.

Speaking of difficulties in foreign languages, my biggest trouble with Japanese pronunciation is this little fellow: っ / ッ. It is supposed to be a small stop/pause, but it sounds odd to me. Anyway, you know what they say, practice makes perfect.

I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to learn some Latin when I was young... it's made a lot of stuff easier for me. :laugh:
I can understand Latin a little bit, actually, but it's mostly through improvisation. Portuguese is a Latin based language after all.

I mean your thread and your mod. work. You guy help make this place worth contributing to.
I see. Well, thanks. :)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I wonder what games Nintendo Skylanders Infinity will be a part of.

The image seems to hint at NSMBU, 3D World, and some other game i don't know.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm concerned bout how those figurines will work, but depending on what they provide and what Nintendo tells us about em, I'll definitely be aiming for a Pit figurine (if they have him) first, and only, with Bowser questionable.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Now Nintendo is joining the figurine bandwagon? Got to get that money, indeed...

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29

I approve.
I knew people would. :D

Still better than the Kinect focus Microsoft E3. Or a TV focused Microsoft E3.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Learning languages is quite important. And I think it's fun. I always admired the linguistic variety of the world.
There are just so... many.... :p
Yeah, something like that.

Chinese ranks 1st, which is hardly surprising.
Well, when you have one billion+ people speaking it, you tend to get ranked #1. :laugh:
Portuguese has a particular type of vowels that aren't very welcome to foreigners. While not unique to the language, they are still where most foreigners have trouble pronouncing. I'm referring to nasal vowels, which are pronounced by letting air from the nose instead of the mouth.
Interesting... Crazy how all this variety came from one language, huh?
Speaking of difficulties in foreign languages, my biggest trouble with Japanese pronunciation is this little fellow: っ / ッ. It is supposed to be a small stop/pause, but it sounds odd to me. Anyway, you know what they say, practice makes perfect.
Perfect Practice makes perfect. ;)
I can understand Latin a little bit, actually, but it's mostly through improvisation. Portuguese is a Latin based language after all.
It's a great language to pick up. If you think about it, most people 'speak' it, even though it's dead.

I see. Well, thanks. :)
No prob. Gotta show respect to my mods.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I look at it and it makes me think of the LocoRoco stage from PSASBR.... that's weird and disorienting.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's a great language to pick up. If you think about it, most people 'speak' it, even though it's dead.
Well, there are a lot of words in many languages (English included) that come from Latin. It's also used a lot scientifically and in some religious texts.

Pic of the Day tomorrow: "We figured that unlocking characters was too hard, so we decided to have you buy all of the characters in order to unlock them. *laughs*

:troll:
Majority of the reactions would be like this, without a doubt:

By the way, I like your avatar. Black Star is a funny character at times, especially with Excalibur around. :p

Anyway, I don't like this figurine idea very much and I would appreciate if it was kept away from Smash.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'm actually fine with it if it's involved in Mario kart. Not sure why though. Probably because i hate the final two characters and i want Dry Bones back.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm actually fine with it if it's involved in Mario kart. Not sure why though. Probably because i hate the final two characters.
Don't worry too much. We'll get Baby Waluigi and Emerald Luigi soon enough. Maybe if we're lucky, we can see Ruby Bowser too.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I caught a Sonic and it wasn't all that great, it's really fast but it's so weak it isn't funny, he doesn't have any evolved forms either and his type combination is terrible. He took seven mega stones to mega evolve too, what a ripoff.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I caught a Sonic and it wasn't all that great, it's really fast but it's so weak it isn't funny, he doesn't have any evolved forms either and his type combination is terrible.
He took seven mega stones to mega evolve too, what a ripoff.
Yeah. I mean, a Normal type. Wtf is up with that?

Smooth Criminal

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
But now I ask you. Sonic, Tails, Amy, Shadow, Knuckles, and Rouge get one Pokemon each, what would they be?
This is backwards, Sonic and friends are fuzzy animals, clearly they are the Pokemon. The six of them would make up a terrible team.

Yeah. I mean, a Normal type. Wtf is up with that?

Smooth Criminal
You must be thinking of something else, he's a pure Flying type.

And he can't even learn Fly.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly if done right smash figures could work really well and be a good way to make money.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Sonic

Type:Normal
Ability:Unburden/Speed Boost
Moves:Rollout, Defense Curl, Extreme Speed, Bounce, U-Turn, Taunt :troll:

Tails

Type:Normal/Flying
Ability:Technician
Moves:Fly, Tail Whip, Gust

Knuckles

Type:Steel/Ground
Ability:Iron Fist
Moves:Bullet Punch, Meteor Mash etc. Dig

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I found something not too long ago. Here's a pretty badass remix of Magna Centipede's theme. This seriously could pass off as an official remix. It sort of sounds like an X8 style song.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Mario 3D World: Waluigi finally joins an adventure game! :troll:
New Super Mario bros Luigi U: WALUIGI TIME! :troll:
Mario Kart 8: Dry Bones turns Pink Gold into a tin can.
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: KING K ROOL! :troll:
Hyrule Warrior: Fire Emblem joins the war.
SMTXFE: DEMONS! DEMONS EVERYWHERE!
X: Shulk? Mechon? Dunban?

It is probably Mario Kart 8... maybe on N64 Royal Raceway...?
It looks like a 2.5D view to me. Part of me is worried that it's Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom