• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
A lot of people think that Game Freak will re-make Ruby and Sapphire. So if that does happen, how many would bet on Swampert and Sceptile getting Mega-Evolutions of their own?.
Yes I can see it happening. But what needs to also happen is Mega evolutions for some 5th gen Pokémon. Why were they left out in X/Y? Here's hoping the 3rd game or then R/S remakes fix that.

...and no sign yet of 5th gen representation in Smash 4 either. What is up with that generation of Pokémon haha!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You guys are low context.
Maybe that's why Japan does their media such as games in (What appears to be) style over substance, because they are a high context culture (Specifically recent FF's)

I didn't know about High or Low context culture

Most of what is in the game doesn't translate.

...Nah, FF's just have bad writing.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yes I can see it happening. But what needs to also happen is Mega evolutions for some 5th gen Pokémon. Why were they left out in X/Y? Here's hoping the 3rd game or then R/S remakes fix that.

...and no sign yet of 5th gen representation in Smash 4 either. What is up with that generation of Pokémon haha!
That might have to do with those games being more recent. So they won't get Mega Evolutions.....yet. We might have to wait until gen 7 to get something like that to happen. But if it does happen, I would guess that Emboar, Samurortt, Serpirior, Zoroark, Krookodile, Chandelure, Elektross, and maybe Stoutland would get them. I would like to see either Staraptor or Pidgeot get them too.

EDIT: As for Smash, look at what happened to gen 3 in Brawl. Most of them were turned into Pokeball summons. Like Metagross, Torchic, Groudon, and Kyorge. While Gen 4 had Lucario and a stage to go along with it. And their own Pokeball summons. But who knows, we could always get Zoroark too somehow.

Then we had Rayquaza as a boss, So we could Kyurem as a boss. He does eat people.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does low context correlate to lower inhibitions?

Because I'd be game for that.
Low Context means they have to explain more when talking to someone else.

High Context means most of what the person says is culturally related and there is no need to explain it to others

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You guys are low context.
Considering it is the internet, that's not surprising.

I would have been more surprised if we were high context.

@ The FF talk. The only FF games I have ever played are Dirge of Cerberus, X, and T4HoL. Og hose 3 games the only like Dirge and T4HoL. X was just sucky. I'm sorta kind interested in the series but mostly just the older games.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Imagining Barney saying that makes this much better

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Huh, I knew someone may years ago named Ridley_Prime. I don't suppose you ever went to Nintendo's official forums?
Embarrass My reputation precedes me yet again it seems... *mumble* I wonder how many others there are here that were once a member there that I should be aware of.. Did you go by the same or a different username there? Took me awhile just to remember thethirdkoopa from there whose also a user here, so can't say I remember you off the top of my head.

Regardless, I had no life back then compared to now if getting around 40K posts was any indication. :laugh: And good as that ZSS model/render is, I liked that Sheena avatar you had before better, or that Mizore one. :u

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
Embarrass My reputation precedes me yet again it seems... *mumble* I wonder how many others there are here that were once a member there that I should be aware of.. Did you go by the same or a different username there? Took me awhile just to remember thethirdkoopa from there whose also a user here, so can't say I remember you off the top of my head.

Regardless, I had no life back then compared to now if getting around 40K posts was any indication. :laugh: And good as that ZSS model/render is, I liked that Sheena avatar you had before better, or that Mizore one. :u
Oh wow, it is you. That's neat, good to see you again. Back on NSider I went by Sonic204, or by the forum ended, Korok_Hero. Still don't know why I changed it, dumb 13 year old stuff I guess.

Oh, thank you. I'm surprised you saw the Mizore one, I haven't used it for about a month. I like to cycle them, I'll go back eventually.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Short Version: Blame Frosty.

Long Version: As some of you know, I go on the "300 Bob-ombs before the Mods post!" thread.
So, I had an idea for a bet. Which included Metalbro, Dimensionsword, ZeldaMaster, Lonekon, and myself.
The bet was who could guess which mod would get to us first. The losers had to change their avatar for the week, while the winners picked it.

Anyway long story short I, Lonekon, and Zeldamaster lost (ironically, we all predicted Gatlin, we got Frosty instead).
So, we had to change them. Lonekon got Sasha (potatoes included) from Attack on Titan (guess who picked it).
ZeldaMaster I'm not sure. It's this.

And I got Barney.

Hope that helped.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Short Version: Blame Frosty.

Long Version: As some of you know, I go on the "300 Bob-ombs before the Mods post!" thread.
So, I had an idea for a bet. Which included Metalbro, Dimensionsword, ZeldaMaster, Lonekon, and myself.
The bet was who could guess which mod would get to us first. The losers had to change their avatar for the week, while the winners picked it.

Anyway long story short I, Lonekon, and Zeldamaster lost (ironically, we all predicted Gatlin, we got Frosty instead).
So, we had to change them. Lonekon got Sasha (potatoes included) from Attack on Titan (guess who picked it).
ZeldaMaster I'm not sure. It's this.

And I got Barney.

Hope that helped.
Told you so.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So, I just went online and bought Super Monkey Ball 2 for $20.

So glad I did. I need that game back in my life after my old one broke due to the poor handling of a dumb past me.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I used to be an ordinary ol' rabbit.

Then I met Barney in the flesh.
Pretty sure Donnie Darko woke up already, Mr. Future Rabbit.
So, I just went online and bought Super Monkey Ball 2 for $20.

So glad I did. I need that game back in my life after my old one broke due to the poor handling of a dumb past me.
Ironically enough, I just got that game myself again... that storyline. The bad guy's assistant doesn't even have a name!

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
All of that really depends on who you ask. My fun usually comes at the expense of others.
That's what being a moderator is all about! :troll:
I'm just joking, please don't infract me :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Low Context means they have to explain more when talking to someone else.

High Context means most of what the person says is culturally related and there is no need to explain it to others
Not in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom