• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Pretty sure the stream said Fighting types only though.

I'm looking for Mienshao and Meloetta Pirouette form.
Luchador Pikachu and Charizard gets a new Mega in ORAS where he turns Fire/Fighting so he can participate. :troll:
But serious, that sounds... interesting. Not what I preferred (prefer other types as well), but if done right, it could be interesting.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Pretty sure the stream said Fighting types only though.

I'm looking for Mienshao and Meloetta Pirouette form.
Well then they can just pretend Snorlax in a fighting type.

But fine, if that's the case. Then I'll go with Sawk. Maybe Throh for the sake of having a grappler.

D

Deleted member

Damn kids and their summer vacations...
Ya know back in my day-*falls asleep mid sentence*

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pikachu, Charizard (X), Lucario, Machamp, Blaziken, Sceptile, Feraligatr, Mewtwo, Deoxys, random Fighting-type are Pokémon i think will be playable.
Edit: And Ditto of course.
I'm hoping we'll see Greninja, Infernape, Gengar, and Zoroark in this game. Ampharos too, if we're lucky.

Where's Ditto?
He's Mokujin, more or less.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Wait. Fighting type Pokemon only for Pokken?

Well... That's kinda stupid.

I don't even think there are any fighting Pokemon that I consider a fave... The closest are Mienshao, Chesnuaght, Toxicroak, Gallade, and Lucario.

Meh.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Oh, so Pokken Fighters got announced, that's nice, shame that it's stuck in Japan for the time being though.

Where was it said that it was only for Fighting types though?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Where was it said that it was only for Fighting types though?
On the Japanese stream they say it announced that it was only Fighting types, via multiple commenters on reddit that could understand Japanese. I can also understand a little Japanese but I closed the stream rather early, so I guess I could go verify that (been lazy up to now).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Wait. Fighting type Pokemon only for Pokken?

Well... That's kinda stupid.

I don't even think there are any fighting Pokemon that I consider a fave... The closest are Mienshao, Chesnuaght, Toxicroak, Gallade, and Lucario.

Meh.
We literally know of 2, maybe 3 characters in the entire roster.

Soul.

inb4 Pikachu is not playable in the Pokémon fighting game. Lol, Fighting-types only.
At least there's Smash Bros.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Searched Youtube and no diligent person has recorded and uploaded the entire Japanese stream yet. All I see are various commenters, tons of reuploaded English trailers, and one guy who says he translated the stream but didn't mention Fighting only.

If someone finds the Jpn stream I'll be happy to verify it. In the meantime I'll go hunt down the comments on reddit where I saw that.

Edit: Here is the reddit comment that started it. All the others I saw were reactions to it, so since it's only one person it can be taken with a grain of salt. I do think at the very least it will be predominantly Fighting types, but it would make sense to add a few others that aren't.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
So it was Pokken Fighters, huh?
I guess i should've expected that.
(Machamp hype!)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hmm, there's only a few Fighting types I'm particularly fond of: Breloom, Blaziken, Scrafty, and Meloetta (Pirouette Forme). Now, if you could play as NPCs, esepically those who specialize in Fighting types like Gym Leaders/Elite Four. Or someone like Crasher Wake or Lt. Surge... all of my money.

Glad we got some info on Pokken though.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the Japanese stream they say it announced that it was only Fighting types, via multiple commenters on reddit that could understand Japanese. I can also understand a little Japanese but I closed the stream rather early, so I guess I could go verify that (been lazy up to now).
Ah, thanks for that.

Well in that case, that's a bit disappointing, hopefully at least I get some favorites like Hawlucha and Chesnaught in there.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Ah, thanks for that.

Well in that case, that's a bit disappointing, hopefully at least I get some favorites like Hawlucha and Chesnaught in there.
No worries on all that actually :) I did some fact checking and it turned out to be only one person that said it. See my post here: http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-social-topic-2-0.347937/page-1897#post-17398361

If anyone finds the full Japanese stream I'll see if I can confirm anything.

In the meantime I translated the entire Japanese Pokken site and didn't find that. I also tweeted their official Pokken twitter, asking them that question in Japanese. Hopefully they respond to me about that.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
No worries on all that actually :) I did some fact checking and it turned out to be only one person that said it. See my post here: http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-social-topic-2-0.347937/page-1897#post-17398361

If anyone finds the full Japanese stream I'll see if I can confirm anything.

In the meantime I translated the entire Japanese Pokken site and didn't find that. I also tweeted their official Pokken twitter, asking them that question in Japanese. Hopefully they respond to me about that.
Ah, I didn't see your new post. Thanks again, please tell me what they say when they get back to you. :)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Geez, Bandai Namco Games sure has a strong obsession with Nintendo lately. I mean, so many games:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX
Mario Kart 8 (they were under "Special Thanks" in the credits)
Pokkén Tournament

Anywho, nice to see the long rumored Pokkén Tournament game finally being official. Not sure if I'll play it because if it's anything like Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition that I bought a couple months ago, I'll suck SO DAMN hard at it.

And finally, I just ordered a Smash themed decal for my 3DS:
Same color in the picture and I have a black 3DS as well. Can't wait for it to come (I also bought a transparent vinyl protector to make sure the decal doesn't wear off).

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I just actually met a Smash 64 elitist, who compared subsequent installments to Call of Duty's subsequent installments - i.e. unoriginal and worthless because they're basically the same as the first.

The worst part is I didn't have any idea how to argue.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition
Fire Emblem X GTS
Zelda X Dynasty Warriors
And Pokémon X Tekken ...

All of that seem pretty nice (except HW), but when can we see really ambitious collaborations with third-parties, and not just makeovers of their franchises ala Nintendo style ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom