• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
And Skyward Sword was a recent game too. Is it nostalgic?
Don't purposely take what I said literally. You know full well I was not referring to every single game Nintendo puts out.

I'm referring to games like Paper Mario Sticker Star, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, New Super Mario Bros. 2, New Super Mario Bros. U, A Link Between Worlds, and Yoshi's "New" Island. Where Nintendo relies on nostalgia to control their imagination as a lazy why to sell tons of units to fans that mindlessly buy whatever reminds them of those classic gems.

What's ironic is that they try so hard to be like Mario 3, Link to The Past, and Yoshi's Island that they forgot one crucial thing. Those were NEW AND INNOVATIVE.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Don't purposely take what I said literally. You know full well I was not referring to every single game Nintendo puts out.

I'm referring to games like Paper Mario Sticker Star, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, New Super Mario Bros. 2, New Super Mario Bros. U, A Link Between Worlds, and Yoshi's "New" Island.
I actually think link a between worlds is a different link to past continuance game

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I'm referring to games like Paper Mario Sticker Star, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, New Super Mario Bros. 2, New Super Mario Bros. U, A Link Between Worlds, and Yoshi's "New" Island. Where Nintendo relies on nostalgia to control their imagination as a lazy why to sell tons of units to fans that mindlessly buy whatever reminds them of Mario 3.
Well, if you're that mad.
Just be like me and buy a bunch of Virtual Console games!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I actually think link a between worlds is a different link to past continuance game
I'm not talking about canon and plot lines. I'm talking about several elements being ripped straight from the original in order to ***** themselves out to the nostalgic demographic.

That's not to say being nostalgic is bad, but when you're just doing for money or to be safe and lazy then it urks me.

But, what grinds my gears even more is Nintendo putting that stupid "Big Brother Mode" in all of their IPs so you don't have to play the game or be skilled to win. :facepalm:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You know you have no life wen you start writing a Smashboards version of "The Raven" by Edgar Allen Poe.

Once upon a Smash-talk dreary, while I discussed weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of Nintendo lore,
While I posted, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my Backroom door.
`'Tis some new-user,' I muttered, `tapping at my Backroom door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak March,
And each separate dying ember wrought its deconfirmed-status upon the verse-Mii.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for lost Waluigi -
For the unoriginal and radiant rival whom the dev'pors named Waluigi-
Ssist' trophy here, and col. swap for Luigi.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I'm referring to games like Paper Mario Sticker Star, New Super Mario Bros. 2, New Super Mario Bros. U, A Link Between Worlds, and Yoshi's "New" Island
I really fail to see how this is an issue. ALBW, well, see down below why I disagree with it. Taking a game and completely changing how it's played is actually bad as it alienates fans. Keeping it similar to the original version that was the most popular is better instead, while still making it new in its own right. Sticker Star plays only slightly like the original version to a degree, but the Sticker system just makes it too different in the end.
I'm not talking about canon and plot lines. I'm talking about several elements being ripped straight from it in order to ***** themselves out to the nostalgic demographic.

That's not to say being nostalgic is bad, but when you're just doing for money or to be safe and lazy then it urks me.
It was going to be a remake of ALTTP first, you know. The fact they made it different is already amazing enough. It's also sometimes more difficult due to the enemies ability to swarm you, stronger Lynels, Hero Mode, quite a few changes from the original, new items... it's barely halfway there.
But, what grinds my gears even more is Nintendo putting that stupid "Big Brother Mode" in all of their IPs so you don't have to play the game or be skilled to win. :facepalm:
So don't use it then. Some need the help. Anti-frustration features are a great thing. Don't act elitist because you're apparently better than others. That's not cool, bro.

Some people are better at some games than others. It's not so much general skill as "this is my type of thing, I just suck at others", and that's okay. Everybody has their different abilities.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I'm not talking about canon and plot lines. I'm talking about several elements being ripped straight from the original in order to ***** themselves out to the nostalgic demographic.

i was trying to say that i like what they did for a link between worlds not much change but with new features added i can understand if tthey abused link to past familiarity and nostalgic playstyle more than a second time like they're doing to new super mario bro.s but second time to it isn't bad but going past it can make it oh so much worse

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
i was trying to say that i like what they did for a link between worlds not much change but with new features added i can understand if tthey abused link to past familiarity and nostalgic playstyle more than a second time like they're doing to new super mario bro.s but second time to it isn't bad but going past it can make it oh so much worse
Don't get me wrong. Link Between Worlds was pretty innovative, it didn't rely on ripping elements as much as I thought it would.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Using elements from your own past games is bad? :facepalm:

Sorry, that just doesn't make sense at all to me.

Nintendo has done a great job of mixing old and new. I just don't like the feel of the new items in the NSMB games, so they're not for me.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Guess the veterans in Smash Bros. are bad, as well as returning stages and moves that stay the same from game to game.

By the way, this is in response to whoever you're talking to, Hyper. I apparently have them ignored.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Sorry, that just doesn't make sense at all to me.

Nintendo has done a great job of mixing old and new. I just don't like the feel of the new items in the NSMB games, so they're not for me.
NSMB Games : same generic situation 2 new items , rinse and repeat

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly found ALBW to be TOO easy. I blew through dungeons and found every item, even the secret ones like the super lamp and net without breaking a sweat. The blue and red mail are overpowered as all hell.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I honestly found ALBW to be TOO easy. I blew through dungeons and found every item, even the secret ones like the super lamp and net without breaking a sweat. The blue and red mail are overpowered as all hell.
Play on the three heart challenge

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Guess the veterans in Smash Bros. are bad, as well as returning stages and moves that stay the same from game to game.

By the way, this is in response to whoever you're talking to, Hyper. I apparently have them ignored.
To be fair, sometimes I've had very reasonable conversations with Saturn. That's why he's not ignored. Sometimes he... isn't.

It's okay not to like something. But you gotta sometimes let it go and respect others do. And yeah, heh.

The second Yuga fight and all the Soldiers(who are Darknuts in practice, fast ones too) are a large problem for me. I do like that it requires good timing, though. And not just with your stylus. No complaints, here. I'm happy about the difficulty.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I didn't even lose three hearts in the tower sidequest in both runs combined just because of how broken some of the items are. Tornado Rod + Blue and red mail? = gg.
you misunderstood me beat the game only with three hearts that you begin with no heart containers NO HEART PIECES if you go down you restart at the dungeon and try again

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I don't think that'd be hard at all. I can probably beat this game within a couple hours now.
just try it like that is all i'm saying then you'll get what you want try limiting yourself even more like only using your sword and certain needed items in ceryain bosses or areas only

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dude, stop taking quotes out of context.
How exactly is that out of context?

Because from what I read, you're complaining about ripping off the old stuff... by putting elements of it in your new games. The problem is, it's their own games. How do you rip off your own games?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Because from what I read, you're complaining about ripping off the old stuff... by putting elements of it in your new games. The problem is, it's their own games. How do you rip off your own games?
byyyy making it fresh?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
byyyy making it fresh?
You can't rip off your own games. Ripping off means stealing from somebody else. It's your game. Not somebody else's.

It's a giant contradiction. Does not work. Ever.

You can be fresh, sure, but you can't legitimately rip off your own games.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You can't rip off your own games. Ripping off means stealing from somebody else. It's your game. Not somebody else's.

Well, if it's clones you want...
...I think I can help... :reverse:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

i know you can't i was saying it's refreshing old classic styles it's but saying ripping is like the tales of series ripping off its own series in it's own games

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Now you're not just ripping out of context. You're lying. I said ripping constantly ripping stuff from old games is bad when you do it for money or to be lazy and safe.

You can still rip off what you own. I never used that term, but you still can.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Now you're not just ripping out of context. You're lying. I said ripping constantly ripping stuff from old games is bad when you do it for money or to be lazy and safe.

You can still rip off what you own. I never used that term, but you still can.
You have no idea what ripping off means. Now you're just trolling.

If you own it, you can do what you want with it. End of story. It's yours. Recycling your own ideas is entirely different ripping them off. I mean, seriously.

And who cares if they want to be safe? Nintendo is doing terrible money-wise. Them recycling their own ideas(not ripping them off) is a good move, and they definitely should do it if it's why they're doing so well. They can't afford to play it "unsafe".

I'm already dealing with a ton of stuff right now, so I don't want to deal with this now too. You cannot rip off what you own. That's just a fact. Owning an idea meant you made it, btw, not bought it. And Nintendo made those ideas and re-used them in all those instances.

Lazy is another story, but they can't afford to take risks, nobody really can anymore in this day and age. That's how you go under. That's why Sega had to go third party. They took a lot of risks, and it didn't work. Why do you think the Xbox One isn't doing too well? Heck, Microsoft is actually in bad financial shape. And they're going to fall at this rate due to their risks. A lot of the stuff with One was not a good idea.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If anyone doesn't want their Blazikenite, I'd still be willing to trade some shiny Pokemon. I've got about 7 or 8 of them, so I'm willing to part with them.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What the hell are you guys even talking about in here? ¦D

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
We should totally do a POTD Mad Libs! :D :D Right? That would be hilarious! (Assuming you guys know what Mad Libs is)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We should totally do a POTD Mad Libs! :D :D Right? That would be hilarious! (Assuming you guys know what Mad Libs is)
Is that where you fill in blanks in sentences with random words?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What the hell are you guys even talking about in here? ¦D
I don't really know either. I'm just putting out offers for a Blazikenite stone. Offers still stand.

That should be fun. Though I do wonder how many people are going to make jokes about Alfonzo.

Is that where you fill in blanks in sentences with random words?
I'm pretty sure, yeah. That's what Mad Libs are, as far as I know.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
If anyone doesn't want their Blazikenite, I'd still be willing to trade some shiny Pokemon. I've got about 7 or 8 of them, so I'm willing to part with them.
Not interested in this but I just want to empathize with you and say how much it being distro only is balls.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not interested in this but I just want to empathize with you and say how much it being distro only is balls.
Eh, oh well. Still, I am willing to trade a couple if anyone is interested. I've got Dragonair, Charmander, Treeko, Torchic, Larvitar, Krabby, and Carvana. I've been looking for more, namely using eggs.

Thanks though. Distribution does suck sometimes. I really wanted that damn Blaziken stone. But at least I have a normal one.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Eh, oh well. Still, I am willing to trade a couple if anyone is interested. I've got Dragonair, Charmander, Treeko, Torchic, Larvitar, Krabby, and Carvana. I've been looking for more, namely using eggs.

Thanks though. Distribution does suck sometimes. I really wanted that damn Blaziken stone. But at least I have a normal one.
You wouldn't happen to have any of the following:
Porygon2 (or a Porygon with an upgrade)
Cinccino
Latias
Landorus
Xerneas

I only need those Pokemon to complete the national dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom