• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, I prefer Together Forever.
Surely another classic. No doubting that right?

I'm not a Mega Man fan myself, I only tried the series after he showed up in Smash. It comes as a shock to most people, but I had never even heard of him until people started asking for him during Brawl days (all I had was Pac-Man, Mario, DKC, etc.)

I did try out the first three games, they were pretty good. X felt annoyingly slow though, Mega Man's running speed was like a snail.
Really? I found the MMX series overall much faster. You didn't have to wait for screens to scroll, and regular Buster shots felt faster. Especially after you get the Leg Armor on Chill Penguin's stage in the first game. Dashing makes everything better. In every other game, the Dash is automatically available. I suppose the extra mobility(wall jumping too)is why I prefer the MMX series slightly above the original series.

But different stokes for different folks, I guess.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Really? I found the MMX series overall much faster. You didn't have to wait for screens to scroll, and regular Buster shots felt faster. Especially after you get the Leg Armor on Chill Penguin's stage in the first game. Dashing makes everything better. In every other game, the Dash is automatically available. I suppose the extra mobility(wall jumping too)is why I prefer the MMX series slightly above the original series.

But different stokes for different folks, I guess.
I meant his running speed, the screen shift was certainly better, but he ran at the same speed as he did in the older games, which just didn't fit the sprite at all. There was an ability that made you go faster though? I guess I should have gone to that stage first then, I just kind of gave up after playing two or three stages because it was a pain in the arse to get anywhere.

I'm probably just used to having a run button whenever I need it...

Though the first Rayman wasn't all that fast, and you don't gain the ability to run until later in the game. But it is more platform oriented rather than the actiony run n' gun, so the pace fits better. I'll have to give X another go then sometime.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Nielicus

Smash Lord
I need a good anime or show in general, can anyone recommend me a good actiony anime?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Wtf, there's a Nintendo of Canada!?

*looks it up*

It's based in Vancouver and there's a distribution centre in Toronto... what the... I didn't know.

I always wanted to work for CSIS when I was older... but working for Nintendo sounds 100x more awesome!
My dream was to work for Nintendo of Canada for the longest time. Too bad I live in Manitoba and can't afford to move.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've always just wanted to make games, regardless of what console except any M$ console, though Nintendo is the ideal one to shoot for. I figure the best shot is too attempt making an indie game for the Wii U... but then I remember that I can't program.

So who here wants to make a game and knows how to do it?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I need a good anime or show in general, can anyone recommend me a good actiony anime?
If you want something new, I would suggest Attack on Titan or FMA: Brotherhood. A lot of people like that show. If you don't mind something older, then maybe Dragon Ball Z(or Kai for the newer dub)or YuYu Hakusho.

If we're talking newer Western actions shows, I highly recommend Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice or Green Lantern: The animated series. Legend of Korra isn't too bad either.

D

Deleted member

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux Well, I feel you man. Maybe in the future, I could pitch my Aspyr character to some video game company, probably Nintendo, and maybe start some series if the first game turns out to be successful. But I'm not experienced on game programming. xD

I'd call the franchise ''AspyrShift'' or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I've always just wanted to make games, regardless of what console except any M$ console, though Nintendo is the ideal one to shoot for. I figure the best shot is too attempt making an indie game for the Wii U... but then I remember that I can't program.

So who here wants to make a game and knows how to do it?
I would love to make one, alas I don't know how....

Nielicus

Smash Lord
If you want something new, I would suggest Attack on Titan or FMA: Brotherhood. A lot of people like that show. If you don't mind something older, then maybe Dragon Ball Z(or Kai for the newer dub)or YuYu Hakusho.

If we're talking newer Western actions shows, I highly recommend Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice or Green Lantern: The animated series. Legend of Korra isn't too bad either.
It's funny cause I've watched nearly all of these LOL, well at least I've seen them at least once before, I'm watching Korra now and so far it is really good!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
My dream was to work for Nintendo of Canada for the longest time. Too bad I live in Manitoba and can't afford to move.
It really does sound like an awesome dream.

Vancouver is beautiful, but really expensive to move. Toronto idk, it's expensive too, but it's closer to me (6 hour drive). And I have some relatives there. Hmm, I don't think it would hurt to contact the centre in the future anyway. You never know.

Soul.

I just saw a SSB4 video on YouTube and this user wants the developers to include a Classic Sonic skin for Sonic. Too bad it isn't happening, lol.

D

Deleted member

I just saw a SSB4 video on YouTube and this user wants the developers to include a Classic Sonic skin for Sonic. Too bad it isn't happening, lol.
Let me guess. SammyClassicSonicFan or MTP?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dora the Explorer is a must watch.
It went really downhill in the later years.

If really want something that takes it's audience seriously, go for Curious George.

It's funny cause I've watched nearly all of these LOL, well at least I've seen them at least once before, I'm watching Korra now and so far it is really good!
Well, what about the TMNT? If you haven't already, maybe you can check out the 2003 series, or if you want a little more humor, the 2012 series might be a bit more up your alley.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Tyrogue of Hyrule said:
N's Castle: The area with the blue carpet where you face Reshiram/Zekrom in Black1/White1. Like the Bridge of Eldin you can't fall to your K.O. The roof has collapsed and you can see Dragon Spiral tower outside. Occasionally, you can also see New Team Plasma's ship fly past. Similar to Spear Pillar, at the start of the stage Reshiram/Zekrom/Black Kyurem/White Kyurem will sit on a throne in the background and use their signature moves which effect the stage in different ways.

Welp, I can predict the future.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really don't know. It's some random username, I think it's the first one you mentioned.
I could be wrong, though.
If I remember correctly, Mariotehplumber joined this site and got banned for some reason, but I just looked up his page and he's no longer banned.

Soul.

If I remember correctly, Mariotehplumber joined this site and got banned for some reason, but I just looked up his page and he's no longer banned.
Wait, what. He's not banned anymore?

So, does anyone here hate the 3DS version?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
A Classic Sonic skin would actually be pretty sweet if they could get the proportions to work, he'd look great next to Mega Man and Pac-Man. A Sonic Boom skin and Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man would be great for the blokes who like those designs as well.

And maybe Mega Man could get skins resembling the other Megas in his final smash? :troll:

I just hope Link has some actual alts to go along with that half-arsed skin. Everyone with a possible alt should have one.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I thought Sword Art Online was a good series until they started introducing romance, which ruined the package for me. Nowadays, I just look up the fight scenes.

DBZ though, that's the king of all anime.

Last edited:

Soul.

A Classic Sonic skin would actually be pretty sweet if they could get the proportions to work, he'd look great next to Mega Man and Pac-Man. A Sonic Boom skin and Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man would be great for the blokes who like those designs as well.

And maybe Mega Man could get skins resembling the other Megas in his final smash? :troll:

I just hope Link has some actual alts to go along with that half-arsed skin. Everyone with a possible alt should have one.
It could actually be a good idea, but Modern Sonic fits SSB more, though. Not sure why.

D

Deleted member

It could actually be a good idea, but Modern Sonic fits SSB more, though. Not sure why.
Classic Sonic was only brought back for Generations since that was Sonic's ''20th anniversary'' game. I doubt he'll be an alternate skin, since Sega uses the modern design for just about everything Sonic now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As much of a Sonic fan I am, I don't think a Sonic Boom skin will happen except maybe DLC, which since Gematsu was the only real merit for DLC, I don't think it's guaranteed. Maybe the 5th title will have a Sonic Boom skin, but by then I expect SEGA to have already been acquired by Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only person slightly bothered by the K. Rool thread title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom