• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder why I never heard about the Therizinosaurus when I was young

It is a cool, weird looking dinosaur

They really should add it to the next Jurassic Park/ World

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just booting up my Smash 3DS game. I'll be playing as my Iwata Mii Sword Fighter (modeled exactly after the one shown in the Reggie vs. Iwata trailer) to honor him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Played on the Balloon Fighter stage as Iwata's Mii in a 4-way FFA with items against 3 Lv9 CPUs. :')

This is the best tribute I could give to him.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm not. I get over celebrity deaths quickly. Doesn't take away it's still really sad.
To be honest, I'm not really sure why I cried. This is literally the first time I shed a tear over a celebrity's death, and especially odd since I haven't felt this sad even if a local or national celebrity passed away. I guess I liked his presentations and his Engrish just that much.

I loved to imitate his Engrish, to be honest. The first time I watched a Nintendo Direct, that often grabbed my attention even more than the games themselves. It had a certain charm, I guess. "Please Understand" - I would kill to hear that.

:231:

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
To be honest, I'm not really sure why I cried. This is literally the first time I shed a tear over a celebrity's death, and especially odd since I haven't felt this sad even if a local or national celebrity passed away. I guess I liked his presentations and his Engrish just that much.

I loved to imitate his Engrish, to be honest. The first time I watched a Nintendo Direct, that often grabbed my attention even more than the games themselves. It had a certain charm, I guess. "Please Understand" - I would kill to hear that.

:231:
Probably because he had an impact on your life. He had an impact on a lot of gamers, even if we didn't know him, he was still an invaluable part of our lives.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I'm a bit sad over Iwata's death. But am pretty much over it. I pretty much don't cry for deaths tbh. I'd cry for a family death before I do for any celebrity.

On the bright side, at least all the people wanting Iwata to resign will shut up now...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This really sucks... I wonder how everyone would've felt if we knew he was slowly dying beforehand...
Iwata likely didn't want us to know, so we wouldn't be worried, but I'm pretty sure he knew at one point that he wouldn't survive the illness.

He was dedicated to the very end.

T

Trick or Treat

It makes me sad thinking about how his last month was filled with backlash and hate from E3.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'm wondering if it was a bad idea for Nintendo to keep his poor health under wraps.
We knew he was ill and what the illness was, so they weren't keeping us in the dark completely. It's not a positive thought to think of with Nintendo, so it was probably for the best.

There is something we have to remember in Iwata's farewell though.

There was a photo taken today of a rainbow over Nintendo's HQ. He's kind of guy who wants us to be happy, even in his departure. :)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm wondering if it was a bad idea for Nintendo to keep his poor health under wraps.
I'm sure it was requested by Iwata and his family himself. If you know you're gonna die, you want to die in peace with your family around you and not having weeping Nintendo-fans visit you every minute because they want to thank you in person before you die.

_gold_

Smash Master
Looking back at it now, this tribute to Mario is much more special now. We become so greedy, only wanting more and more games. It's not about the quantity, it's about the quality of the games. Nintendo has only, and always made fun games. Iwata was at the helm of it. He was a great inspiration to the entire gaming community, and gamers around the globe.

We knew he was ill and what the illness was, so they weren't keeping us in the dark completely. It's not a positive thought to think of with Nintendo, so it was probably for the best.

There is something we have to remember in Iwata's farewell though.

There was a photo taken today of a rainbow over Nintendo's HQ. He's kind of guy who wants us to be happy, even in his departure. :)
Mr. Iwata is on Rainbow Road now. That's a great picture...

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

Neo Zero

It makes me sad thinking about how his last month was filled with backlash and hate from E3.
And knowing Iwata, even during all that and him feeling sick, he STILL worked hard for the fan base and Nintendo with a determined smile on his face. He's the living personification of true strength.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom