• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Up there in good X-Files lines

"You're a fortune teller, you should have seen this coming"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
God my gum suck for erasing. I don't know if i will do it because of that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hey all. Good morning.

Still not completely over Iwata's passing. I even couldn't sleep much.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, it's hard to concentrate on anything when you have heartbreaking news hit you like a truck.

Satoru Iwata is the #2 most trending topic on Twitter worldwide. Shows how influential he was and how much we miss him. :(

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, it's hard to concentrate on anything when you have heartbreaking news hit you like a truck.

Satoru Iwata is the #2 most trending topic on Twitter worldwide. Shows how influential he was and how much we miss him. :(
The fact that i try to do a happy draw and that i can't because it just doesn't work and my gum suck for erasing make thing worst for me. Really, i'm becoming wasted at this point. :(

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
One thing that really leaves and impact on me is how he was so involved with not just some of Nintendo's franchises, but a TON of them. No other Nintendo executive can take claim to that. He contributed so much to all of Nintendo's IP.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Iwata, Miyamoto, Reggie, Sakurai will always be the dream team in my heart.
You forgot Gunpei Yokoi :glare:

May his soul and Game & Watches keep on resting alongside Iwata's. :crying:
Still not completely over Iwata's passing. I even couldn't sleep much.
You and me both, Frosty.

Heck, it's 12 to 5 where I am and I still can't sleep. :c

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm still demanding what Nintendo is going to do now without Iwata. Which person will be the next CEO? What does this mean for Nintendo Franchise? So many question that we can't answer....

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
I can't say I'm broken. In fact, today may have been one of my most triumphant as an individual.
However, he undoubtedly leaves a titanic legacy for video games and the world.

I understand Mr. Iwata. Rest now, for you have done great work.

Soul.

I cannot take a break after this depression. Nintendo is in a weird spot right now; I hope everything goes well for them.
I'm glad people on Twitter are showing respect to the man.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man those images.

I'm feeling bad now.....Also i have said that i will do a happy draw but i think i'm going to do a sad draw now. Sorry guys but i just can't.....

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
For my whole life, I've played Nintendo games.

Whenever I was sad for whatever reason, I'd turn on any Nintendo console and have fun.

Now, I can't see one without breaking into tears.

R.I.P. Iwata and, wherever you are, say hi to Gunpei Yokoi and Robin Williams for us. We miss 'em too!

I'm still demanding what Nintendo is going to do now without Iwata. Which person will be the next CEO? What does this mean for Nintendo Franchise? So many question that we can't answer....
No one can replace Iwata.

He was caring, hard-working, generous amd one heck of a programmer.

There's no one like Iwata in this world. :crying:

Man those images.

I'm feeling bad now.....Also i have said that i will do a happy draw but i think i'm going to do a sad draw now. Sorry guys but i just can't.....
Wow! Talk about taking things for granted, huh...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
For my whole life, I've played Nintendo games.

Whenever I was sad for whatever reason, I'd turn on any Nintendo console and have fun.

Now, I can't see one without breaking into tears.

R.I.P. Iwata and, wherever you are, say hi to Gunpei Yokoi and Robin Williams for us. We miss 'em too!

No one can replace Iwata.

He was caring, hard-working, generous amd one heck of a programmer. There's no one like Iwata in this world. :crying:

Wow! Talk about taking things for granted, huh...
Talking things for granted? Sorry i can't understand the phrase right now. Also yeah, nobody will replace Iwata for us. The next CEO will maybe someone that we know or a new guys who is cool. But the "Please Understand" will be still a phrase in our heart

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I-I dunno if I can get through it.

I mean, whenever a member of my family died, they were always trying to recomfort each other, but whenever it comes to gaming, they simply insult my passion for it and believe that people like me are disgusting and will cause humanity's downfall.

I need a physical shoulder (that isn't mine) to cry on right now... :crying:

I'm not. I get over celebrity deaths quickly. Doesn't take away it's still really sad.
I actually get over death very quickly. "My family believes I'm a heartless monster" levels of quick, actually.

But Iwata's death is just too much for my soul... :cry:

Soul.

I-I dunno if I can get through it.

I mean, whenever a member of my family died, they were always trying to recomfort each other, but whenever it comes to gaming, they simply insult my passion for it and believe that people like me are disgusting and will cause humanity's downfall.

I need a physical shoulder (that isn't mine) to cry on right now... :crying:

I actually get over death very quickly. "My family believes I'm a heartless monster" levels of quick, actually.

But Iwata's death is just too much for my soul... :cry:
That's honestly pretty sad. Never have I seen a family treat their son's passion for something just like that.
Mr. Iwata leaving was too much for everyone. ;~;

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have never see people i know die for me. But a person like Iwata is just too much for me to not be sad.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That's honestly pretty sad. Never have I seen a family treat their son's passion for something just like that.
It hasn't stopped me from doing what I love. It never will.

Iwata's death just adds one more reason to keep playing, if you ask me.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think having the Five Stages of Grief as my title is something that couldn't be a more accurate reaction to the events for me.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I hope Sakurai will pass also this hard moment for him too. With the tweet that i see, he seem also very sad like everyone. 'Hope the best for him and every person of Nintendo too.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Itoi's reaction:
http://www.1101.com/home.html

Whenever we part ways, I think it's best to say, "See you soon". Because we are friends, we will meet again. That's not strange [at all]. Yes. We will meet again.

You've sure gone on a far trip, huh. Much earlier than [we] had planned. Wearing clothes that suit you the best, being unable to say "I'm sorry for [leaving you] early" [but finally] saying it.

You always put off things for youself, giving help to anyone who needed it. Since you were that kind of friend, leaving us might be the first selfish thing you have done.

[NOTE: Not 100% sure on grammar for the 4th paragraph but it's basically about Iwata/ Itoi making plans to meet up and having meals together].

Anyhow..."see you soon" will be something that I will always say, no matter where. Whenever I want to ask for your advice or tell you about a good idea I had.

See you soon. Wait, even now I can see you.
Credits once again go to PushDustIn.

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
Take comfort friends.
We all live, we all die.

But just because we do the latter, in no way it invalidates the former. We live and that's just a part of a grander rule: Objects in motion, stay in motion. Even in the cosmic sense, our lives set off a chain reaction that Butterfly Effect even into the creation of stars.

Iwata lived and died, changing so much immediately in his life and after. In that sense, his life, as do all ours, never end.
Objects in motion stay in motion, ergo: Nothing ends. Nothing ever ends.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I feel like I should share songs in his memory.

So here's some stuff from Harmony of Heroes:
Sad Underground

Space Defender

If You Believe

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was calm and stopped crying when I went to sleep and woke up. But the moment I got online this morning got me bawling in tears all over again.

I just still can't believe this news.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hi guys :crying:

Which one of us isn't broken by the recent news?
I guess you could say me. I do think it's an unfortunate event. Especially since he still could have lived a long time. And he's mostly done a good job both as a programmer and as president of the company. My condolences goes out to his family of course.

But I admit it's hard to feel any strong connection to a man I've never met or known. Think of it in the same vein of a celebrity death. I may be a fan of their work, but I don't know them enough on a personal level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have invited Iwata Mii to my Tomodachi Life. Like that i will always feel like that he is still alive in some way. No obsession of course, i just decided that for have a "hommage" of him.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I could you could say me. I do think it's an fortunate event. Especially since he still could have lived a long time. And he's mostly done a good job both as a programmer and as president of the company.

But I admit it's hard to feel any strong connection to a man I've never met or known. Think of it in the same vein of a celebrity death. I may be a fan of their work, but I don't know them enough on a personal level.
I agree with this, although you made a unfortunate typo there.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I agree with this, although you made a unfortunate typo there.
I fixed it now. I hate it when I mess up my typing. So irritating. I also blame it on me having rather crappy sleeping hours.

But yeah, I would like to think my stance on the matter, while perhaps not the most sympathetic, isn't entirely cold either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom