• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Erika
You changed your name? But didn't you say just a few days ago that you can't imagine yourself with any other name? :p Good Afternoon, btw. :4pacman:

:231:

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

@Erika
You changed your name? But didn't you say just a few days ago that you can't imagine yourself with any other name? :p Good Afternoon, btw. :4pacman:

:231:
I'm a woman, what can I say. We are fickle creatures.

I just really wanted a change. It was between Erika or Lust, haha.

And good afternoon Fal!

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh, I just realized it's Waluigi's 15th year.
Nintendo I want my Year of WA. :4pacman:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh, I just realized it's Waluigi's 15th year.
Nintendo I want my Year of WA. :4pacman:
The only thing i want is that Waluigi have ONE game who is not a spin-off. Please Nintendo.

T

Trick or Treat

The only thing i want is that Waluigi have ONE game who is not a spin-off. Please Nintendo.
This.

And Daisy, too.

Waluigi might be better off in a more Wario-styled game, but I would settle for Daisy just being playable in a main Mario game, like 3D World and any other game where Peach js playable as well.

Otherwise I wish she would be featured in the story of future games along the lines of Galaxy and Sunshine.

Basically, I just wish that Daisy and Waluigi, after all these years, became more than just spinoff characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Was going to watch the latest episode of World Trigger, only to find out they skipped this week. Even worse, the manga is also skipping the next week. Sad news.

Oh well, I'm following plenty of other manga, so it's not that bad.

Anyway, greetings, mortals.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This.

And Daisy, too.

Waluigi might be better off in a more Wario-styled game, but I would settle for Daisy just being playable in a main Mario game, like 3D World and any other game where Peach js playable as well.

Otherwise I wish she would be featured in the story of future games along the lines of Galaxy and Sunshine.

Basically, I just wish that Daisy and Waluigi, after all these years, became more than just spinoff characters.
I believe Charles Martinet once said he would like a Waluigi game where you have to cheat to win.
Still don't get it.

As for both Daisy and Waluigi, they're actually canonically paired in some way (WAluigi has a crush on Daisy)
Could make for a duo game that combines the Wario and Mario game styles.

PigglyJuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mr.Hugz
3DS FC
2793-1251-1909
Been reading on some Mario maker.
Hype is still strong, you wanna know why?

At E3: No
At Comic con: No

There's still a lot coming.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Actually, thinking about it now,if Wario ever gets another platformer game, Waluigi could make for an interesting player two. I can't help but wonder if the drastically different body types between the two will force drastically different playstyles. We've seen this kind of stuff before, so it shouldn't be impossible. But I'd doubt that it'd be the subtle differences from Mario and Luigi. It'd be more like Donkey and Diddy, or Mega Man X and Zero.

Technically, Daisy did show up in Mario Land. So that's something. Honestly, I'm just not entirely sure what her gimmick would be since every other character is more or less an off shoot of Mario's playstyle, barring maybe Yoshi. Luigi jumps higher, Peach floats, Toad runs fast, and Rosalina is basically a slower Galaxy Mario gameplay wise.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I believe Charles Martinet once said he would like a Waluigi game where you have to cheat to win.
Still don't get it.

As for both Daisy and Waluigi, they're actually canonically paired in some way (WAluigi has a crush on Daisy)
Could make for a duo game that combines the Wario and Mario game styles.
I would love a duo game so much.

Actually, thinking about it now,if Wario ever gets another platformer game, Waluigi could make for an interesting player two. I can't help but wonder if the drastically different body types between the two will force drastically different playstyles. We've seen this kind of stuff before, so it shouldn't be impossible. But I'd doubt that it'd be the subtle differences from Mario and Luigi. It'd be more like Donkey and Diddy, or Mega Man X and Zero.

Technically, Daisy did show up in Mario Land. So that's something. Honestly, I'm just not entirely sure what her gimmick would be since every other character is more or less an off shoot of Mario's playstyle, barring maybe Yoshi. Luigi jumps higher, Peach floats, Toad runs fast, and Rosalina is basically a slower Galaxy Mario gameplay wise.
Her gimmick would be being awesome, of course.

But seriously, unm...if they didn't give Rosalina the attack option, then I could see that being Daisy's gimmick.

I don't know. I just really hope Daisy and Waluigi get screentime in main series games, in the future.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Hello Social Thread, I'm currently functing off 2'ish(?) hours of sleep. How's everyone else doing?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I had an idea for a Waluigi game for a long time. It's a fun one.

The game would be a 2D Platformer, but instead of only stomping ennemies, Waluigi would fight like in a "Beat'em All". The more Waluigi hits, the more "hate" he produces, giving him the "Insane mode", wich is pretty much Waluigi going berserk on everything.

The story is pretty easy to make. Waluigi is chillin', while he suddenly see something interresting on TV. Princess Daisy has been captured by an unknown ennemy, and Luigi is on his way to save her. Seeing this outrage, Waluigi, filled with rage, decides to saves the princess, not only for getting her love, but also for destroying Luigi's chance of success. When Waluigi wants to follow Luigi from behind, he realize he needs to fight. While he's physical power is not big, his hate is strong enough to go through.

With a story like this, it's pretty much a "race" against Luigi. If Waluigi fails a level, he'll be behind the green plumber. If he is faster, he can cheat the levels that Luigi will go to slow him down, thus giving Waluigi even more advance on his rival. And at each end of a world, Waluigi and Luigi would race. If Waluigi was fast enough, he can cheat on the race against Luigi. And if Waluigi loses, Luigi will go to the next world, while Waluigi will have to fight a boss to go to the next world.

It's just some ideas for a Waluigi game. And it could make a good one.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I still yearn for a mainline Waluigi game. Even if he had to share space with Wario, the whole "Partners in Crime" idea that gets thrown around a lot seems like it could work.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Was going to watch the latest episode of World Trigger, only to find out they skipped this week. Even worse, the manga is also skipping the next week. Sad news.

Oh well, I'm following plenty of other manga, so it's not that bad.

Anyway, greetings, mortals.
Yeah, a real shame that the anime didn't air today and unfortunate to hear the that author of the manga is sick. Hope he gets better soon. I'm an anime-only watcher though. Hoping to see Osamu get stronger in the remaining 13 episodes.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

It'd probably be more like Mega Man X and Zero. I can't imagine Waluigi doing Wario's moves such as the Shoulder Bash for example, so he'd probably have his own unique abilities.
...but given Nintendo's making most of their platformer games multiplayer-centric, this seems unlikely tbh.
Daisy could be like Mario Land Mario, meaning her jumps would be uncontrollable in comparison and at fixed angles :smirk:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I had an idea for a Waluigi game for a long time. It's a fun one.

The game would be a 2D Platformer, but instead of only stomping ennemies, Waluigi would fight like in a "Beat'em All". The more Waluigi hits, the more "hate" he produces, giving him the "Insane mode", wich is pretty much Waluigi going berserk on everything.

The story is pretty easy to make. Waluigi is chillin', while he suddenly see something interresting on TV. Princess Daisy has been captured by an unknown ennemy, and Luigi is on his way to save her. Seeing this outrage, Waluigi, filled with rage, decides to saves the princess, not only for getting her love, but also for destroying Luigi's chance of success. When Waluigi wants to follow Luigi from behind, he realize he needs to fight. While he's physical power is not big, his hate is strong enough to go through.

With a story like this, it's pretty much a "race" against Luigi. If Waluigi fails a level, he'll be behind the green plumber. If he is faster, he can cheat the levels that Luigi will go to slow him down, thus giving Waluigi even more advance on his rival. And at each end of a world, Waluigi and Luigi would race. If Waluigi was fast enough, he can cheat on the race against Luigi. And if Waluigi loses, Luigi will go to the next world, while Waluigi will have to fight a boss to go to the next world.

It's just some ideas for a Waluigi game. And it could make a good one.
There is one Waluigi fangame I played through: Psycho Waluigi. It was good, imo.

Also Waluigi is pretty strong. He beat the **** out of Bowser by roundhouse kicking him numerous times. :4pacman:

I would love a duo game so much.
Actually it's not a bad idea, when I think about it more.
I believe the closest Nintendo plumber game with both Beat 'em Up style and platforming is Wario World for GCN.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It'd probably be more like Mega Man X and Zero. I can't imagine Waluigi doing Wario's moves such as the Shoulder Bash for example, so he'd probably have his own unique abilities.
...but given Nintendo's making most of their platformer games multiplayer-centric, this seems unlikely tbh.
Daisy could be like Mario Land Mario, meaning her jumps would be uncontrollable in comparison and at fixed angles :smirk:
So she's basically the low-tier hero of the game?

You say that as a joke. But it'd be kind of sick to have a character that is clearly such garbage and yet see people do good with them. Like seeing anyone do good with Kirby in Melee.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, a real shame that the anime didn't air today and unfortunate to hear the that author of the manga is sick. Hope he gets better soon. I'm an anime-only watcher though. Hoping to see Osamu get stronger in the remaining 13 episodes.
I know what happens ahead since I'm following the manga, but I'm not spoiling things for you. The anime has been very faithful to the manga so far.

Anyway, I think the series is seriously underrated. Sure, it didn't have the best start and the anime aggravated things due to its slow pacing at the beginning and the ton of recaps, but that's Toei for you. However, it does stand out from most shounen action manga/anime with its emphasis on tactics, not being too centered on the protagonist, giving other characters spotlight and development as well.

The fact the protagonist isn't just a hotheaded overpowered guy is a nice change of pace too.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
So she's basically the low-tier hero of the game?

You say that as a joke. But it'd kind of sick to have a character that clearly such garbage and yet see people do good with them. Like seeing anyone do good with Kirby in Melee.
After all, real men main Dan. The true hardcore experience Nintendo NEEDS. Prepare to Waa.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
There is one Waluigi fangame I played through: Psycho Waluigi. It was good, imo.
Also Waluigi is pretty strong. He beat the **** out of Bowser by roundhouse kicking him numerous times. :4pacman:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that in Mario Party.
The Wah is too strong for the Koopa King.

It's funny though how the character of Waluigi evolved during the spinoff games, and in the general opinion. He went from a simple "Wario-like" character for Luigi, to an egocentric cheating jerk, crazy in every way possible.

That's probably why a Beat'em Up would fit Waluigi. He is a crazy person, always talking about himself with the third person (took lessons from Dio), but is filled with hatred, just like his name.
A game where Waluigi would race Luigi to save Daisy, like I said before, could be good. Cheating on levels, making some sabotage on the ones where Luigi will be to slow him down, and using the hate of Waluigi to progress would make something interresting.

But Miyamoto won't do anything with the Wah. Not even allowing him to appear in one main game.
Miyamoto, please, let the Wah rise.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
After all, real men main Dan. The true hardcore experience Nintendo NEEDS. Prepare to Waa.
Actually I was particularly mentioning Daisy, since she'd have the wacky jumps from Mario Land.

Waluigi on the other hand, could work well as a really broken Akuma style character. He's clearly holding back his true potential.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I know what happens ahead since I'm following the manga, but I'm not spoiling things for you. The anime has been very faithful to the manga so far.

Anyway, I think the series is seriously underrated. Sure, it didn't have the best start and the anime aggravated things due to its slow pacing at the beginning and the ton of recaps, but that's Toei for you. However, it does stand out from most shounen action manga/anime with its emphasis on tactics, not being too centered on the protagonist, giving other characters spotlight and development as well.

The fact the protagonist isn't just a hotheaded overpowered guy is a nice change of pace too.
I agree, it really is a very underrated Shounen action series. It did take a while for the anime to get me really interested though. The Border vs Aftokrator arc was really entertaining. Jin being a badass is always cool. I just love how even the side characters get their own awesome moments. Also, I have to mention that the opening theme songs for World Trigger are really great too.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I redownload Mega Man 2 on 3ds. 'Time to replay the Super Fighting Robot, Mega Man! :)

T

Trick or Treat

Chrom is useless. I just want to get the Wedding Bouquet item, and silly me forgot to switch my units before the map started. So instead of having Chrom support Lucina, he was on his own and died. One more turn he would have made it to her.

I suppose I could have paired him up with a random unit to keep him safe until he got there...BUT STILL.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Chrom is useless. I just want to get the Wedding Bouquet item, and silly me forgot to switch my units before the map started. So instead of having Chrom support Lucina, he was on his own and died. One more turn he would have made it to her.

I suppose I could have paired him up with a random unit to keep him safe until he got there...BUT STILL.
I guess he would have his chance another day. Also i'm just dying mutli time on Bubble Man level because of the spike lol.

T

Trick or Treat

I guess he would have his chance another day. Also i'm just dying mutli time on Bubble Man level because of the spike lol.
No he won't have his chance any day because he can't take more than one little hit. If I could bench him I would.

I have never played a Mega Man game x.x

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No he won't have his chance any day because he can't take more than one little hit. If I could bench him I would.

I have never played a Mega Man game x.x
Poor dude. Also you should play a Mega Man one day. The 2 is a good start and is on 3ds.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I need to get to work on Episode 3 because rapidly-approaching deadline, but I'm so sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom