• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Oh hello, what's going on besides boredom ?

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
My body is ready for Paper Mario Wii U.
I know it's going to happen, I can feel it, it's just a matter of "when?" now.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
My body is ready for Paper Mario Wii U.
I know it's going to happen, I can feel it, it's just a matter of "when?" now.
: I am pleased to announce : Paper Mario for Wii U.
*Everyone applause*
: ...developped by Miyamoto.
*Everyone stares at Iwata*
: ...Please understand.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
*Everyone applause*
Little known fact(apparently): Shigeru Miyamoto was actually more involved in the first two PM games than he was in Sticker Star. He was the director for those games whereas his input in SS was merely one suggestion.
...So even if that were to happen, it doesn't necessarily mean the next PM would be as divisive as Sticker Star was. Or that it's more likely to be like SS than the first two PM games.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
*Everyone applause*
I don't mind whoever develops it as long as it's not like Sticker Star.

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
*YAWN* Sorry guys, been in cyro sleep for the past month. How was everyone?

EDIT: Nothing for 5 minutes? This place is really hopping...

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Probably not going to be online most of today or tomorrow because I'm going to Texas for an orientation at the university I'm going to next year. I'll be back sometime tomorrow afternoon.

It all depends on whether or not they're gonna have wi fi.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
*YAWN* Sorry guys, been in cyro sleep for the past month. How was everyone?

EDIT: Nothing for 5 minutes? This place is really hopping...
Space Stranger made everyone think he was banned, and the Splatoon demo came out.

...And the new Smash game was announced! And Half-Life 3! And---

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was reminded that Smash Bros characters are toys yesterday, which made me sad until I realized if they are toys then I can play with them how I want and make them real using the power of IMAGINATION!

Then I started thinking about fanfic concepts again. And snickering my butt off at Supper Smash Brohs Missohn From God. But also fanfic ideas. Since this place is always dead right about now anyway, may as well. Just FYI I am a crazy and immature person and my ideas will reflect that, so fasten your seatbelts.

Basically, until the idea gets torn apart by a future game, my alternate interpretation is that Master Hand and Master Core are simply the same entity in different forms. He simply chooses to take the form of a hand in order to be less intimidating. Like Mr. Game and Watch, Master Hand initially has no understanding of morality, but over the course of the games he gradually catches on and becomes a benevolent force watching over the Smash Bros universe. The Smashers are in a Total Recall type situation where they have no idea whether they are toys made into living characters or living characters that can turn into toys, but by the time each set of newcomers arrives the veterans stop caring about this fact because in the end it doesn't really matter. Mr. Game and Watch is is an interdimensional life form that Master Hand adopted as a pet. He is two dimensional because he cannot maintain an identifiable form in three dimensions. Lastly for this post, the Sandbags are actually Master Hand's spawn, little baby Master Cores granted the energy to grow up from the heat of battle. . . .Yeah.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So is anyone doing anything?
Hello?
ANYONE THERE?
NO.

:'(

Hey, does anyone have any suggestions for how to practice edgeguarding off stage?

And does anyone know of any good Mega Man mains I can watch on YouToo? (intentional misspelling 10 cookies for the reference)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Hey, does anyone have any suggestions for how to practice edgeguarding off stage?

And does anyone know of any good Mega Man mains I can watch on YouToo? (intentional misspelling 10 cookies for the reference)
Try playing on Battlefield with :4megaman: and start on heavier characters with larger hitboxes like :4dk: or :4bowser: to get the hang of it. The goal is to both gimp recoveries while providing yourself with a safe return onto the stage.
Edit: Try this guy

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Try playing on Battlefield with :4megaman: and start on heavier characters with larger hitboxes like :4dk: or :4bowser: to get the hang of it. The goal is to both gimp recoveries while providing yourself with a safe return onto the stage.
Edit: Try this guy
Thanks!

I tried out your advice against a Lv. 3 Bowser. Hard Knuckle is mega hard to aim, but that spike is so amazing that I can see it's gonna be worth practicing! :D

I kinda want to see some competitive matches where Mega Man has won. I understand he's not the most mained character, but when I looked it up a couple days ago I only saw casual matches and I want to see some good 1 on 1 with items off.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
So, how are you guys, with your nice....shiny.... icons...?
They are all so beautiful....

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
:4yoshi:
Hooray! Way better than hard tests!

What subject was it?
It will be!
It's just the placement of elements in the periodic table, which is easily discovered.
And the other teacher's subject is basically some easy multiplication.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If they fixed the gameplay of SS I wouldn't mind if it played like that one.
OK, I could EASILY be wrong about what I'm assuming your avatar is. . .

But how can you be a crazed butt stabber if the Manakete class doesn't use swords?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't know how or why, but I'm noticing that I'm having a thing for people with grey/silver hair for some reason

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I return for a little while. Making a few adjustments to this rough draft of my essay thing that I've mentioned a few times in the past... Worst final variation of a paper ever. : D
What was it about again?

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
What was it about again?
This theme relating to Love that I got out of this book we read in my English class. It's probably the longest essay I've ever typed or written or whatever because it had to be six paragraphs long with the four body paragraphs having to have eleven sentences. Involved researching some articles about the theme in the book and looking through the book for some stuff that would support it *Coughfindingquotesontheinternetcough*.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom