• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Technically he's not a monkey, but he's the most bad*** and could easily take out all the monkeys. In fact he'll destroy the best monkey, after Fox has had his turn at fighting the monkey.
Donkey Kong. Why not? :4dk:
Actually,I'd say the Kong Fu master is the king of them all, even king kong, why? well...
He knows kong fu, can't beat that. know any other monkeys good at kong fu (other than the ones I mentioned):smirk:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I swear that the Smash Bros Team need to propose a zoom option for drawing! The screen of the Gamepad is just too small and because of that, it's really easy to miss somes places. My new avatar is a exemple of that crap!:mad: ( I so want to have a good drawning programme on my computer i swear...)

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hello, Social Thread RR Fan Club! What'd I miss?

^_^ | M A G E N T A B O Y Z | ^_^
Me complaining about the limited option for drawing mode on Wii U and a sondage of Diddy and Andross and Wolf. For see who is the better.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why? He has no style, he has no grace. This Kong has a funny face. :troll:
You're explain all. He doesn't need style or grace. Just a funny face for beating the ass of his ennemy.:troll:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I played that Earthbound translation and honestly, this is the first time I'm happy to play a game in French :)

Cause the translation are so accurate. They even replaced sprites and cultural references for something fitting :)

The jokes are still there, that's lovely.

This is not like TTYD in French were a lots of jokes are just cut or the translation is just weird...

So, I think I'm going to beat the game because I can laught at the same jokes in French :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, I played that Earthbound translation and honestly, this is the first time I'm happy to play a game in French :)

Cause the translation are so accurate. They even replaced sprites and cultural references for something fitting :)

The jokes are still there, that's lovely.

This is not like TTYD in French were a lots of jokes are just cut or the translation is just weird...

So, I think I'm going to beat the game because I can laught at the same jokes in French :)
Good for you man! Even Earthbound can't be touch by bad French translation.:ness:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Good for you man! Even Earthbound can't be touch by bad French translation.:ness:
no, it's because the mother fanbase have been notorious for doing.....A LOT of
stuff because there's lots of dedicated fans there. They have became a bit famous for it if you want.

In fact, I heard that they did organised a miiverse movement to have Earthbound on VC, we all know that it actually worked in the end :)

Though, it kinda make sense. There's so much reasons that makes this game masterpiece that I see anyone to love it....love it a lot. :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 , i don't know if you like or hate FNAF (or just know nothing about it) but i find this pretty cool fan art crossover PMxFNAF! (incoming FNAF hater:troll:)

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
no, it's because the mother fanbase have been notorious for doing.....A LOT of
stuff because there's lots of dedicated fans there. They have became a bit famous for it if you want.

In fact, I heard that they did organised a miiverse movement to have Earthbound on VC, we all know that it actually worked in the end :)

Though, it kinda make sense. There's so much reasons that makes this game masterpiece that I see anyone to love it....love it a lot. :)
The Earthbound fanbase is indeed pretty damn great and dedicated. Not just the immense dedication, but all the amazing fan-art and fan created content they've done for the game, it's just...astounding! Even Miyamoto and Reggie acknowledged just how dedicated the Mother fanbase were, and then we had the Mother 3 fan translation which caught the attention of many developers(also Reggie again), leading to it being a joke in that Robot Chicken skit, which is more than you'd expect a cult classic JRPG title would get...

And of course there's EB on VC, like you've mentioned. Shigesato Itoi, the guy behind EB, also has repeatedly acknowledged the overseas fanbase, and has even talked with some of the people on starmen.net(the biggest Earthbound fan website). Some of which was video'd for the "Earthbound, USA" documentary-ish video. Then there's also them (figuratively) bombing Nintendo HQ with a HUGE number of Earthbound related fan-content made, which literally filled books and DVDs, some of which some journalists also apparently got and acknowledged.

I also personally liked some of the fan projects which didn't get as much mainstream attention as the M3 translation. such as the EB public stunts, remake of M1 using EB's engine, and the EB randomizer. There's also a ton of fan theories, some of which are really crazy but surprisingly well-founded, most famous being the theory that the hot dog vendor in M3 is Ness. Also there was a really good 7(or 11 or i dunno) minute animation someone made for Earthbound(the name escapes me at the moment), which I remember because some of the youtubers(and I don't follow any particular niche ones mind you) I followed were aware of it, so yeah, there's tons of stuff like that by the EB fanbase.

Last edited:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
Hoo Hah got nerfed, though - I really don't get it. Do people still think all he does is Hoo Hah?
If anyone actually faced a Diddy, one of the huge problems is the banana leading into a grab if you shield it, or spot dodge it. You have to be in the air or risk a roll which can be read pretty easily.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Someone as to make now a fanart of Bonnie with Nastasia clothe.....if you know what i mean.:dazwa:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You, sir, have successfully traumatized me :crazy:
At least it's better that this picture of SonicXFoxy that i saw some day ago....and tried to deleted to my brain.....

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Also @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 , i don't know if you like or hate FNAF (or just know nothing about it) but i find this pretty cool fan art crossover PMxFNAF! (incoming FNAF hater:troll:)
I know nothing about it :)

But this image seems awesome :)

It reminds me of this:

For recall, this is an idea called Paper Soulds which is supposed to be a crossover of Dark souls (idk if it's accurate, but it sounds so cool :) ).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I know nothing about it :)

But this image seems awesome :)

It reminds me of this:

For recall, this is an idea called Paper Soulds which is supposed to be a crossover of Dark souls (idk if it's accurate, but it sounds so cool :) ).
Omfg, that's so awesome.
And perfect too. Lot of attention to detail here.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
This reminds me that we still don't know how Mike Schmidt looks like, given this and the 100s of other art featuring him but designed differently...It's actually one of the things I'm most excited about for the upcoming FnaF movie(if it actually happens), we'll actually get some human characters visible in the FnaF franchise, hopefully Mike but we don't know much about the film anyway so...yeah.

...I just went on an unrelated tangent off of that picture you posted, lol. But I do think it's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
New snapshot time, which apparently is part of my new bundle.

You got a Heart Container!
Will it heal Pit, or will he spend it on something? That's the mystery.

It's part of my new snapshot bundle, featuring well... Pit in various game universes.
http://admiralpit.tumblr.com/post/119321101240/pit-in-various-game-universes

Enjoy em.
I'm kinda sad because my shipping snapshots don't get much love at all, yet this one got a lot more notes on one day, and it took less time to make that snapshot bundle than some of my other works. :4pit::4zss: will grow a bit more popular one day, but it's probably just a dream of mine, that will never come true. Sorry for the rant btw. D:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
New snapshot time, which apparently is part of my new bundle.

You got a Heart Container!
Will it heal Pit, or will he spend it on something? That's the mystery.

It's part of my new snapshot bundle, featuring well... Pit in various game universes.
http://admiralpit.tumblr.com/post/119321101240/pit-in-various-game-universes

Enjoy em.
I'm kinda sad because my shipping snapshots don't get much love at all, yet this one got a lot more notes on one day, and it took less time to make that snapshot bundle than some of my other works. :4pit::4zss: will grow a bit more popular one day, but it's probably just a dream of mine, that will never come true. Sorry for the rant btw. D:
Palutena: Hey Pit! You got a Heart Container, congratulation!
Pit: Yeah but heart normally just give me money like Mario with his coin?
Palutena: Oh Pit....you're so.....
Pit:....Euh, what Lady Palutena?
Palutena: Oh nothing Pit, just continue you're fight OK?
Pit:....OK

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A few typo errors (featuring plurals), but I like this. Oh, Kid Icarus has the humor down right, and all its potential needs to grow as well. I still hope they'll get something soon, especially since the 30th anniversary comes next year.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
A few typo errors (featuring plurals), but I like this. Oh, Kid Icarus has the humor down right, and all its potential needs to grow as well. I still hope they'll get something soon, especially since the 30th anniversary comes next year.
Yeah i have not the best English in the world. (after all i speak orginally French) But i love some much Kid Icarus Uprising that i wanted to make that.:happysheep: Also, thanks.;)

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah i have not the best English in the world. (after all i speak orginally French) But i love some much Kid Icarus Uprising that i wanted to make that.:happysheep: Also, thanks.;)
It's okay. Kid Icarus does need a lot more love after all. Reminds me that after I've seen Pit in Brawl, he quickly grew to being one of my favorite characters or all, and now look at him, definitely my favorite hero. <3

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I think this calls for a BitF strip:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Folks who want to try and grab at Nintendo glory will be playing the Championship mode in Ultimate NES Remix and trying to notch high scores in Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3and Dr. Mario. Hopefuls will be able to do so at eight Best Buy locations throughout the country:

1717 Harrison St.
San Francisco, CA

3675 Pacific Coast Highway
Torrance, CA

10760 NW 17th St.
Miami, FL

900 E. Golf Road
Schaumburg, IL

12905 Elm Creek Blvd. N
Maple Grove, MN

5001 Northern Blvd.
Long Island City, NY

9378 N. Central Expressway
Dallas, TX

2214 S. 48th St.
Tacoma, WA
hmmmmm nah
nearest one is like 2 hours from me
not worth it, thought the games would be newer XD

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Folks who want to try and grab at Nintendo glory will be playing the Championship mode in Ultimate NES Remix and trying to notch high scores in Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3and Dr. Mario. Hopefuls will be able to do so at eight Best Buy locations throughout the country:

1717 Harrison St.
San Francisco, CA

3675 Pacific Coast Highway
Torrance, CA

10760 NW 17th St.
Miami, FL

900 E. Golf Road
Schaumburg, IL

12905 Elm Creek Blvd. N
Maple Grove, MN

5001 Northern Blvd.
Long Island City, NY