• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just got back and saw some of the videos from the direct.

Super Mystery Dungeon looks good so far, it's fixing one of the major complaints with GtI due to having all of the known Pokémon Volcanion? Who's that? and bringing most of the starters back. The only thing that I'll say is a bit of a downgrade is that all of the non-starter Pokémon except for Pikachu (who's the mascot) and Riolu were ignored, which is a shame as I was hoping to play with Axew or Shinx again. Oh well, now we just need is a good story and I'm set.

With Monster Hunter X, I'm not sure how to feel about it yet. On the one hand, they're bringing back a lot of monsters that I missed from 3U like Agnaktor and Nibelsnarf, which is great to see (and hopefully Lagiacrus will be among them). However, I'm not sure how I feel about the gameplay yet as it seems a bit too flashy for me, I guess I'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

Fire Emblem If I'm not sure about, but I do like how the FE amiibos are getting more mileage out of their purchase at the moment.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
How do you feel about Fire Emblamie? Serious question.
Half and half. I like that the series is broadening its audience but I'm not to fond of the more "waifu" (for lack of better term) aspects that were introduced in Awakening. The marriage aspect of Awakening was bad for two reasons:
  1. Rendered most of the 1st Generation units useless because the 2nd Gen had optimal skills and stats
  2. Brought a more annoying fanbase that's more concerned with marrying their MU to the character than the actual game itself
Phoenix mode doesn't bother me since I won't use it in serious playthroughs. Avatar creation is fine as long as the character is developed enough to be relatable.

These are just some of my personal gripes but the My Castle feature is a pretty interesting variation of the barracks in Awakening.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Fire Emblem IF has a lot of similarities with Pokemon and Animal Crossing.
Remember in Blazing Sword where Eliwood had to pay his rent to Hector or in New Leaf when :4villager: forged his Falchion?

The My Castle feature is a fraction of what If has to offer, the face rubbing and town aspects are minigames that don't really relate FE to the other two series.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I honestly think that if Nintendo doesn't tone down some of these features for the NA release, the game will e rated M.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So guys, i'm going soon to bed but before that. I want to give a special thanks at @Luggy and @ TJ-Works TJ-Works for answering my question and supporting my work. It help me and i have actually some concept art right now. This isn't finish but i am in a good way and i will show you when i finish completely. For me, see person supporting something that you consider at the most important project in you're life is bringing me hope that i will finish my two fiction one day and show you to all. But until this day. Thank you and good night in avance!:4pacman:

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So guys, i'm going soon to bed but before that. I want to give a special thanks at @Luggy and @ TJ-Works TJ-Works for answering my question and supporting my work. It help me and i have actually some concept art right now. This isn't finish but i am in a good way and i will show you when i finish completely. For me, see person supporting something that you consider at the most important project in you're life is bringing me hope that i will finish my two fiction one day and show you to all. But until this day. Thank you and good night in avance!:4pacman:
Good night, and good luck with your personal project. :)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I honestly think that if Nintendo doesn't tone down some of these features for the NA release, the game will e rated M.
Now you're just making that up. I doubt the game will need an M rating for a bath scene feature. FE has been known to cover incest, human trafficking, and murder in countless games (most of these can be applied to Genealogy). Just because your swordmaster gets into a hotspring for a few seconds doesn't mean the game shoots from E -> M. The game is already expected to have a T rating due to the amount of violence and dialogue alone.

Besides, international releases toned down a lot of aspects in Awakening, namely Tharja's assets:

Let's not make this bigger than it should be. :4robinm:

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
After looking at the Fire Emblem If trailer, I have to say that the My Castle feature looks great overall. It does look like it'll be a neat feature to train and interact with your other units (though the face petting is way too weird for me), and I do like how you can upgrade your shops and the like. Also, I love the little pet that they have in there, I wonder if you can actually use it in battle.

Edit: None of the content we've seen goes over the T rating. The hotspring scene doesn't depict nudity and the Fire Emblem-Amie feature is no worse then what you'd see in something like Sims. Just as long as the violence doesn't go too far and there's no full on sexual content, they'll be fine.

:4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Idk if it's just me but I feel like the Mario & Sonic @the Olympic Games series has overstayed its welcome
:189:
They only have 3 games dude

And they happen every other year, I think it is fine personally I dont think it overstayed its welcome

Its not like call of duty where it happends ever year, M&S only happens when the Olympics happen

Last edited:

Soul.

We only have Mario and Sonic at the "Olympic Games" because it's hard to make an actual crossover. Not that there's anything wrong with that; those games are there to relax or something.
Now I'll try to be as optimistic as possible when it comes to the new PMD. Fire Emblem looks cool....
...Still need to play Sacred Stones omg wtf why do I forget.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Don't know if I'll ever get into Fire Emblem anytime soon. I played the Awakening demo, which was cool, I guess. Just feels weird starting late in a franchise.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Idk if it's just me but I feel like the Mario & Sonic @the Olympic Games series has overstayed its welcome
How can you overstay your welcome if you were never invited? :4wario:
Don't know if I'll ever get into Fire Emblem anytime soon. I played the Awakening demo, which was cool, I guess. Just feels weird starting late in a franchise.
Start with the following:
  • Awakening- Newest entry with Casual mode to allow you to understand the basic gameplay (pair up isn't present in older games)
  • Sacred Stones- Easiest entry out of the 3. Has multiple points where you can grind units if you are uncomfortable with the low level of your units.
  • Fire Emblem GBA (also known as Blazing Sword)- In depth tutorial in Lyn's story that will quickly adjust you to the mechanics of the old FE games

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Awakening is actually the perfect starting point for a newcomer to the series

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Could've sworn the M&S games were pushed out at a faster rate
Nvm then
If I have moolah to spare then I'll pick up the latest one. I'll probably barely play it unless it has some kind of Internet connectivity

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So we got Boobs from the Dark clan, and Bewbs from the Light clan.

FE fans can now rest easy knowing there's an equal amount of plot in both versions.
Gotta make sure that the plot is balanced for both sides. :4wario2:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Fire Emblem If: Waifu sim 2K15
Honestly I'm reading through comments and messages and that's all most seem to care about lmao
Oh wells, still getting the game
I think it's fairly obvious.
So Splatoon is out. Silly squids.
Dat Seraph of the End avi tho

♠

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom