• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Super Mystery Dungeon better be good or I'll lose my ****.
inb4 it gets a mediocre score like the rest of the PMD games yet people love it for some reason.

Reviews don't matter, but I've been noticing that and don't mind it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's frustrating when a inkstrike happens after the timer ends and the team wins for it. That shouldn't count!

D

Deleted member

I've only played the first two M&S games and tested the 2012 one in the form of a demo.. meh. Not a lot has changed. Can't say much as a result.

Either way, the only thing I would want is an actual crossover game, but I don't see it happening.

Soul.

inb4 it gets a mediocre score like the rest of the PMD games yet people love it for some reason.

Reviews don't matter, but I've been noticing that and don't mind it.
Sites that review games are trash. It's just one opinion, not a collective one—IGN is a big example. People just love it because.... they like it? lel

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Hey guys. Well, I got my high school diploma and I'm done with high school. College starts in September so now I have a couple of free months to rot my brain. :p

D

Deleted member

Hey guys. Well, I got my high school diploma and I'm done with high school. College starts in September so now I have a couple of free months to rot my brain. :p
Good to know. Better enjoy those free months to the their maximum capacity.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The My Castle feature in If is easily my favorite addition. Sadly, the battle mode might work similar to the Streetpass battles in Awakening. Harold looks like a cross between Captain America and Buzz Lightyear.

Permanent deploy for sure.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Sites that review games are trash. It's just one opinion, not a collective one—IGN is a big example. People just love it because.... they like it? lel
Reviews are good for reading the actual contents of the review in my opinion, which is far better than just looking at the scores only(not saying you specifically do that, but a lot of people make that mistake). Often the reviewer says something like, "X aspect of this game is very bad and draws away from the experience", and then grades accordingly. But to someone who doesn't really care about X or doesn't think it's a big deal, he could make the judgement accordingly for how that would impact his potential enjoyment of the game. Reviews aren't mean to be an opinion on a plate you're supposed to swallow and accept completely, it's just telling you what their opinion is and it's up to you entirely whether your opinion matches theirs and for you to figure out for you to account for your and the reviewer's differences.

Woops, got into a bit of a rant there...it isn't targeted at anyone specifically but I felt like saying it..

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Marth and Ike's models look so much better than in Awakening. Now if we could just get that boy Roy too...:
View attachment 54271
That's because Marth's model was Masked :4lucina: while every other past character had recolored MU models.

The unique portraits look sick. This game looks more hype each and every day.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
FE was already a waifu fest when they decided slapping bikinis on women was the best course of action (because when I think of a respected Strategy RPG that has spanned generations, I think of boobs).
This is just another tidbit to throw onto the pile.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I will. Thanks! :) And hopefully college will be enjoyable. I'm going to UC Davis, and it looks like a pretty solid place. I hope a bunch of people play Smash there.
Good luck with that. Hopefully it isn't bad as one would think.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I didnt see no JP direct, but new Monster Hunter? Sold.

Meanwhile, Fire Emblem Amie....

I hope more art of this catches on... You probably know what characters I want art of in this fashion. <3

Soul.

Reviews are good for reading the actual contents of the review in my opinion, which is far better than just looking at the scores only(not saying you specifically do that, but a lot of people make that mistake). Often the reviewer says something like, "X aspect of this game is very bad and draws away from the experience", and then grades accordingly. But to someone who doesn't really care about X or doesn't think it's a big deal, he could make the judgement accordingly for how that would impact his potential enjoyment of the game. Reviews aren't mean to be an opinion on a plate you're supposed to swallow and accept completely, it's just telling you what their opinion is and it's up to you entirely whether your opinion matches theirs and for you to figure out for you to account for your and the reviewer's differences.

Woops, got into a bit of a rant there...it isn't targeted at anyone specifically but I felt like saying it..
I agree with this and all, but in general reviews shouldn't matter; we all have to "play and judge" which is kinda dumb, but the right way to review. I thought of getting Gates to Infinity, watched videos; the demo came out and people said the game was ****.

I don't feel like continuing this as you pretty much said it all.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I agree with this and all, but in general reviews shouldn't matter; we all have to "play and judge" which is kinda dumb, but the right way to review. I thought of getting Gates to Infinity, watched videos; the demo came out and people said the game was ****.

I don't feel like continuing this as you pretty much said it all.
yeah Gates to Infinity is pretty.. crappy.

I played but after a few hours I found it really boring and stopped playing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom