• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
June is my month. June 24 will be my birthday. I'll be 16.
I still feel like an old man with Chaplin films and my old consoles at home.

Also, hi everybody. :mariomelee:
Hi Luggy.:happysheep: How you're doing?:cheep:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
"still feel like"? How long has this feeling subsisted?
Since the start of the Meme war in 2009. :gawmelee:

In all seriousness, I've always been more mature than a lot of the people of my age. Heck, the fact that @ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo thought I was 18 years old before I told her I was 15 proves it a bit.
Thought I can still be immature at really rare times.
Hi Luggy.:happysheep: How you're doing?:cheep:
I'm fine. Gotta work my science and spanish for tomorrow. It's my last tests before the end of the school year. Kinda stressed for the spanish, but it's okay.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Since the start of the Meme war in 2009. :gawmelee:

In all seriousness, I've always been more mature than a lot of the people of my age. Heck, the fact that @ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo thought I was 18 years old before I told her I was 15 proves it a bit.
Thought I can still be immature at really rare times.
I was thought to be 45 years old when I was actually 2 brah. Get on my level #YOLOSWAG #420BlazeIt #360noscoperekt
nah jk
But yeah, with the advent of the internet and all, it is kind of hard to accurately tell someone's age sometimes. Which is why I leave my age hidden in here :p

Strofirko

Smash Master
So mario e sonic is coming to rio but nintendo is out of Brazil,gg nintendo.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Oh all this the sims stuff maybe will make people more interested on the new fire emblem.:troll:

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Well that direct was anti climatic they only talk about basically 4 or 5 games and a bit of amiibos i guess they wanna bring everything they have on the table at e3 ooh well i can't wait i guess

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Lol, that's a nice glitch.
I assume this was patched in Smash 4?
Probably, since nobody have posted a video since SM4SH came out, Yoshi homever haved a glitch like that but it was patched.
Edit: WhiteEaglePL, you should have text or you will get a warning by a mod. Just for you know.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also i have a question guys, you see. I have two fiction that i created myself with a lot of OC (no pun please) in it. The thing homever is that i try to make them the more original that i can. Both apparaence and personality etc... The problem i have is that one of the character in my series is not original enough in apparaence. The way she is like is fine but the really problem is that i don't know how to make her more different that the character that she is inspired (Her if you demand
). So what do you think i should do?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, here I go! Fair warning, this will be very mediocre, but the interactive element should help.
@ Yoshi-hara Yoshi-hara it's more of "a" Yoshi than "the" Yoshi but here he is.

Yoshi hung up the last garland of flowers and stood back to appreciate his work. The Summer Feast Festival had been a tradition on his island since before he was hatched, and he was always happy to help set it up. Yoshi was sure that this was going to be the best festival yet. In addition to the traditional fruit, they were also going to have cake and ice cream! The other Yoshis had even put up balloons.

Yep. Tomorrow would be the best day ever. All Yoshi wanted was for it to come as soon as possible.

So Yoshi did the logical thing and went straight to his favorite place to sleep.

All of Yoshi's friends thought it was odd that Yoshi slept in the woods. They wouldn't be so confused if Yoshi told them about his perfect tree stump. It was rounded just right for it to fit his body, and it smelled wonderfully of bark. You could even see the sky through the treetops, so it wasn't so scary at night.

Yoshi was a little worried about missing some of the festival due to the extra walking he would need to do from here. But Yoshi also wanted an extra good night's sleep so he could enjoy the festival better. So Yoshi jumped onto his tree-bed, spun around twice, and settled down to sleep.

The next thing Yoshi remembered was his tail being on fire. Yoshi's eyes shot open and he instantly sat up and whapped his tail against the top of the tree stump to put out the fire. The forest smelled heavily of smoke, and every tree around him seemed to have turned into kindling. Yoshi panicked and ran for the first place that didn't seem to be completely ablaze.Yoshi was going further into the forest. Yoshi didn't care. Yoshi just wanted to get away from the awful fire. Everywhere there was more fire. Yoshi couldn't tell which way led out.

Then Yoshi saw someone else running from the fire. They must have seen Yoshi too, because they suddenly bolted off in another direction. Yoshi followed them, hoping they would lead him out of the fire. He lost sight of them for a moment. Then Yoshi saw a strange blue glow nearby. The air seemed very strange nearby. It was as though a hole had been ripped into it. Yoshi didn't know what to think of it. But it was the only place left that wasn't on fire. So Yoshi took as deep of a breath as he could in a smoke filled forest. . . and jumped into the hole.

Yoshi felt himself land on something very cold and hard. . .

So there we go. Fox is reserved as the character for next time, but I still think I should have a group of coordinated basic mook enemies for our heroes to fight, so anyone who wants to can pick what video game enemies attack them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno if anyone's been keeping up with minecraft

But they've now added the ability to use both hands

There is now a special slot for your "Left hand" that works different than the items in your "Right hand"

It can be used as a dedicated weapon slot, for example, so you can have you inventory bar filled with tools or blocks or junk

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Also i have a question guys, you see. I have two fiction that i created myself with a lot of OC (no pun please) in it. The thing homever is that i try to make them the more original that i can. Both apparaence and personality etc... The problem i have is that one of the character in my series is not original enough in apparaence. The way she is like is fine but the really problem is that i don't know how to make her more different that the character that she is inspired (Her if you demand).
So what do you think i should do?
What are format are those fictions ? Manga ? Comics ? Book ?
For her appearance, just do a lot of concept arts really. Try different things while still having some references to the character you inspired yourself from. Heck, try to reference multiple characters if you want/can. But try to do something you like, don't bother yourself too much. Just find the perfect design for the character and you'll be okay. A character goes through a lot of designs before finding the perfect one.

As an example, Bugs Bunny took 50 years before having his official look that we know today.
Here's an other example...

Those were the very first concept arts for the characters of the first Ace Attorney game. The green attorney with a blu bowtie was originally going to be Phoenix Wright. It took a lot of time before having the official design that we all know today. Here's more images if you want to see how the character designs progressed, for Phoenix Wright and others :

So in short, don't worry about remaking desings and concept arts over and over to find the perfect fit for your character.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

There is now a special slot for your "Left hand" that works different than the items in your "Right hand"

It can be used as a dedicated weapon slot, for example, so you can have you inventory bar filled with tools or blocks or junk
That's a pretty big change.
Not being sarcastic at all, it really is. This basically makes everything in the game 2X faster.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

O.O

Curse you non- PC versioooooooonns!

:4megaman:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
For her appearance, just do a lot of concept arts really. Try different things while still having some references to the character you inspired yourself from. Heck, try to reference multiple characters if you want/can. But try to do something you like, don't bother yourself too much. Just find the perfect design for the character and you'll be okay. A character goes through a lot of designs before finding the perfect one.

As an example, Bugs Bunny took 50 years before having his official look that we know today.

Those were the very first concept arts for the characters of the first Ace Attorney game. The green attorney with a blu bowtie was originally going to be Phoenix Wright. It took a lot of time before having the official design that we all know today. Here's more images if you want to see how the character designs progressed, for Phoenix Wright and others :

So in short, don't worry about remaking desings and concept art over and over to find the perfect fit for your character.
For the format, the one with the character i talk is more Anime/Manga. The second too but it's not the subject. I'm totally with you for what you say. In fact, alot of my character have recevied little to big redesign. Sometime because of my imagination, sometime because i found new anime or story that inspired me. Here a exemple of three character in my fiction.
not sonic.exe of course
You can see that the character are inspired and not like completely original. But for me there enough. The problem with the one i talk is that i don't know what to make her design enough different for not be considered as a poor OC like alot of Sonic OC in internet. I want to keep alot from the design of the character that i show you but make him unique enough from bein considered good. But i thank you for answering my question. I really try my best for making character there are really unique in personality at least even if there appareance is not. Thank you again gentleman.:4mario:

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

So in short, don't worry about remaking desings and concept arts over and over to find the perfect fit for your character.
Never thought I'd see concept art discussion in this forum.

Just to add onto what Luggy said, concept art is what it says in the title: conceptual art. Anything and everything an concept artist design, no matter what format it is (animation, video game development, graphic design, etc.), will go through stages and changes. It's all about trying out many ideas and fitting them together, to see what works and what doesn't, until you find the most suitable design for your format.

Sometimes, a person gets lucky and creates a strong design early, with minor modifications added. Most cases, it takes time til you discover a good foundation in your design. You just need to make sure you manage to accomplish something within the timeframe you're given.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Never thought I'd see concept art discussion in this forum.

Just to add onto what Luggy said, concept art is what it says in the title: conceptual art. Anything and everything an concept artist design, no matter what format it is (animation, video game development, graphic design, etc.), will go through stages and changes. It's all about trying out many ideas and fitting them together, to see what works and what doesn't, until you find the most suitable design for your format.

Sometimes, a person gets lucky and creates a strong design early, with minor modifications added. Most cases, it takes time til you discover a good foundation in your design. You just need to make sure you manage to accomplish something within the timeframe you're given.
Really thank you for feedback, i know that a character will pass several redesign before being considered good like for me (hell, if you know the number of time i change the design of one character just because i don't know sometime what i want he look like.). But really thank you for supporting me.:4kirby:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
No that's in addition.
You can poke the faces and stroke them lmao.
LOL just saw this post and saw comments about "Fire Emblem Amie" on the official character thread.

So what's next? Kirby Amie? Kid Icarus Amie? SMASH BROS AMIE?

We all know we'd pay big bucks for Smash Bros Amie. One could spend a whole afternoon trying to get various expressions out of the characters and feeding them healing items for fun and profit. And if it had a more responsive version of the facial recognition minigame. . .

:D

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
So guys, what did I lose in the direct yesterday?
I saw mentions of Woolly World and Dark Souls...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Does anyone remember Caramelldansen?

It was ancient when I found the meme years and years ago, but every once in a while it's nice to see video game characters doing a dorky dance to the tune of catchy music.

:4megaman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom