• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I still play Lemmy in MK8 and don't care about trying to go hard competitively in it.
I used to to Toadette + Everythng, Now its Villager + anything
Toadette and Villager is love, Toadette and Villager is life
Have you heard of our lords and Saviors Toadette and Villager?

Anyway, off to bed

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I've never understood MK as a competitive game - no offence intended to those who do - it's just always been a fun game to play with a group of friends and some drinks.

Roy, Walalala, Lakitu and Rosalina are my usual suspects. MK7 Lakitu was my fave because of this:

He's driving a cloud. THAT'S SO COOL.

One day, Kamek will finally be playable in a MK game (as he was intended to in MK64), and I will finally be happy.

I wonder, if Kamek was in MK64 instead of Wario, would his popularity have risen beyond what it is now? Slash, if Kamek had something that set him apart from other Magikoopa's, would his chance to appear in Smash rise because he is much more recognisable as the Yoshi antagonist? Who knows...

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Someone please photoshop ZeRo and Diddy's faces into this picture, it would be so perfect, and then one with just Diddy's face in the picture.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've never understood MK as a competitive game - no offence intended to those who do - it's just always been a fun game to play with a group of friends and some drinks.

Roy, Walalala, Lakitu and Rosalina are my usual suspects. MK7 Lakitu was my fave because of this:

One day, Kamek will finally be playable in a MK game (as he was intended to in MK64), and I will finally be happy.

I wonder, if Kamek was in MK64 instead of Wario, would his popularity have risen beyond what it is now? Slash, if Kamek had something that set him apart from other Magikoopa's, would his chance to appear in Smash rise because he is much more recognisable as the Yoshi antagonist? Who knows...
Pretty much this. I don't bother playing Mario Kart competitively. It's just not meant to be that way. But that's what I think.

Soul.

Never understood it either; I guess that's what competitive really means. Everything can be, or is, well, competitive by definition. Mario Kart just happens to be competitive in the online multiplayer with people having stylized name tags, being in “clans” (teams) and using the best characters. I've been playing Mario Kart in a “competitive” way since like, 2011---which was when people were still playing MKWii; there is some depth to the series, but I don't think that's huge. People criticize MK8 competitively because it doesn't let you use 2 items at once; so like you have a Green Shell, you take it out, then get 3 Banana Peels to protect yourself even more. MK8 doesn't have that. In older games, yes. I've heard people criticize the 'top tier' usage, too---like “You can only use top tiers to win in MK8; in MK7 you can use any character and win regardless.”

Nowadays, I don't seem to care about MK competitively, if anything I just lost interest starting in 2012. Mario Kart 7 is getting custom tracks... but you know, eh. I dunno.

sorry for the wall of text lol

D

Deleted member

Never understood it either; I guess that's what competitive really means. Everything can be, or is, well, competitive by definition. Mario Kart just happens to be competitive in the online multiplayer with people having stylized name tags, being in “clans” (teams) and using the best characters. I've been playing Mario Kart in a “competitive” way since like, 2011---which was when people were still playing MKWii; there is some depth to the series, but I don't think that's huge. People criticize MK8 competitively because it doesn't let you use 2 items at once; so like you have a Green Shell, you take it out, then get 3 Banana Peels to protect yourself even more. MK8 doesn't have that. In older games, yes. I've heard people criticize the 'top tier' usage, too---like “You can only use top tiers to win in MK8; in MK7 you can use any character and win regardless.”

Nowadays, I don't seem to care about MK competitively, if anything I just lost interest starting in 2012. Mario Kart 7 is getting custom tracks... but you know, eh. I dunno.

sorry for the wall of text lol
TL;DR :troll:
Meh, not interested in Mario Kart 7 Custom Tracks, but cool nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Yeah that is my thought on kart.

I love the game, but playing it competitive? that ain't for me.

D

Deleted member

Yeah that is my thought on kart.

I love the game, but playing it competitive? that ain't for me.
Anime Miis? Edgy letters and clan names? Clan "wars"? Pfft, give me a break.

MKBoards, the forum site, is fueled with foul-mouthed, spoiled users that like to complain just about everything, but that's another story.

Soul.

I use an anime Mii because I don't want to make my Mii look like anything else.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I used a Mii that looks like... well... me. I've only really gotten into Mii designs since SSB4. Now I have way too many.

Walter White is always fun. So is Taylor Swift. Lulz incoming.

D

Deleted member

I used a Mii that looks like... well... me. I've only really gotten into Mii designs since SSB4. Now I have way too many.

Walter White is always fun. So is Taylor Swift. Lulz incoming.
My Mii doesn't really look like me, but it shares some characteristics with my real self. Black hair and eyebrows, pale white skin color, and brown eyes. The glasses are merely there for cosmetic purposes. I don't know how many Miis I have in my 3DS, so I have to check that out.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Wut...wut happened to Mario? Was this the plan all along? To turn us all into monkeys?
The monkey man got him, though don't worry that's not Mario, Its a Mii. Yeah here's what happened to Mario,
and Luigi,

Those monkey ninjas use monkey magic, but don't worry these 2 will be fine, after a quick falcon punching they'll revert back to normal.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Looks like the Splatoon hype is splattered everywhere. Well, well...

What did I miss? :p

:231:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
So there is a new Game Theory that have been uploaded. What do you guys think?
Personaly i think it's fine.
Thanks. Will watch this later and give my thoughts on it.
Alright.
My thoughts on the video:
I stopped watching after the Crossover guy made an appearance. I just prefer my Game Theory theory videos to be 100/99% Matpat. It's a shame because it seemed like an interesting video so far.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Neutral Special: Electro Arm Cannon
Down Special: Spin Dash
Side Special: Napalm Bomb
Up Special: Jet Shoes

Nair: Spin Jump
Uair: Helicopter (tail) Grind
Bair: Tail Shred
Fair: Twist Dash (lateral recovery)
Dair: Bomb Drop

Jab: Tail Spin
Dash Attack: Whirlwind Spin
Ftilt: Dummy Ring Disk
Utilt: Glove Arm
Dtilt: Bomb Roll

Final Smash: Tornado (biplane)

Usmash: Flick (glove summoned from hole in the ground??)
Side Smash: Wrench Smack
Dsmash: Weapon Steal

So as far as fan movesets go, how is this? I know I'm still missing grab moves and taunts and Tails is a very hated character, but I felt like whipping something up. . .It probably needs a lot of clarification too, but this is already a lot of text so just ask if anything needs to be clearer. AND I probably got a lot of move names wrong but oh well.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
A wild Blargg888 appeared!

Blargg888 used Metronome!

Blargg888 used Electric Terrain!
I wish I could play these games but when I play them on my 2ds the always crash and freeze. :( and i got them both for my birthday. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom