• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
@ IsmaR IsmaR How do you keep your avatar as a high quality pic? When I uploaded a snapshot, it turned tiny, and when I cropped it just now, it looks kind of blurry. ;_;
I normally make a 150 x 150 icon and use that most as my base and every picture I have done was super clear
I wasn't ready for this

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I really think Toei hired a bunch of trolls to animate Sailor Moon Crystal at this point :4zelda:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
@ IsmaR IsmaR How do you keep your avatar as a high quality pic? When I uploaded a snapshot, it turned tiny, and when I cropped it just now, it looks kind of blurry. ;_;
It usually involves a lot of trial and error. The important thing is keeping proportions consistent.

So long as you keep 1:1 ratio, the site should automatically resize your image without it being too blurry.

It's easier with 150x150 than it is with the premium 150x210, that's for sure. I manually measure/calculate in my head until I get it perfect down to individual pixels so as to get the most out of each avatar. Time adds up, considering how frequently I change avi's, tho.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It usually involves a lot of trial and error. The important thing is keeping proportions consistent.

So long as you keep 1:1 ratio, the site should automatically resize your image without it being too blurry.

It's easier with 150x150 than it is with the premium 150x210, that's for sure. I manually measure/calculate in my head until I get it perfect down to individual pixels so as to get the most out of each avatar. Time adds up, considering how frequently I change avi's, though.
I dont do all that thinking, I just let whatever is in that 150 x 150 box be my icon

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Or they don't do a great job on purpose so that they can try harder at fixing it for BD release.
Well considering it airs for free on Crunchyroll I get it, they want people to pay for the better animation...

Ohgodwhy.jpg

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Guys. I think I am addicted to the show Community.

I was watching it for the last 4-5 hours, and didn't realize till like 15 minutes ago that it was almost 2 in the morning.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys. I think I am addicted to the show Community.

I was watching it for the last 4-5 hours, and didn't realize till like 15 minutes ago that it was almost 2 in the morning.
I for one don't find it funny, but I recognize its fanbase and stuff. Good to see Yahoo! picking it up for the now-current sixth season.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I for one don't find it funny, but I recognize its fanbase and stuff. Good to see Yahoo! picking it up for the now-current sixth season.
I wasn't aware the comedy was the only important part of the show. I for one find it well-written and often very touching, actually. On top of some funny parts. Just saying you gotta keep an open-mind when going into TV show viewing even if a show is technically labeled as something.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I guess this is the best I can do for now. I made a box that's 150x150, resized the original snapshot on paint so that the smaller dimension was 150, then used the box to crop a specific section to get what I have now.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Pretty certain I got the job. And it comes with an awesome car allowance too!

Like, he never said 'you have the job', but he told me when he wants to get me in, what my office will be like, what my phone allowance would be and... yeah. The implication was high enough for me to say I have the job.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm excited to see Nintendo announce their E3 plans tomorrow. E3 is probably my favourite event of the year. For the past few weeks I've been annoying my friends with a daily E3 countdown. Heck randomly throughout the year I just tell people how many days we have left till E3.
I'm also happy E3 is two weeks after my exams. I feel pretty lucky about that. Last year, E3 fell on a four day weekend for me, yet it was the last day of the weekend, so I was sort of half lucky, half not back then.

Anyway, I guess I can channel Flight and ask what's up?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm excited to see Nintendo announce their E3 plans tomorrow. E3 is probably my favourite event of the year. For the past few weeks I've been annoying my friends with a daily E3 countdown. Heck randomly throughout the year I just tell people how many days we have left till E3.
I'm also happy E3 is two weeks after my exams. I feel pretty lucky about that. Last year, E3 fell on a four day weekend for me, yet it was the last day of the weekend, so I was sort of half lucky, half not back then.

E3 is the greatest event of the year. I'm so glad that I have friends on Smashboards who get it. My gf asked me if I preferred E3 or Xmas and I told her without a doubt E3. The wait for the presentation feels like the wait for Santa when I was a kid.

We should get a group chat going for it this year. It's usually at 2am, but I don't even care.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
E3 is the greatest event of the year. I'm so glad that I have friends on Smashboards who get it. My gf asked me if I preferred E3 or Xmas and I told her without a doubt E3. The wait for the presentation feels like the wait for Santa when I was a kid.

We should get a group chat going for it this year. It's usually at 2am, but I don't even care.
Yeah E3 is without a doubt, better than Christmas. Amazing how seeing trailers for consoles and games can be more exciting than actually receiving physical gifts on Christmas.

D

Deleted member

I guess this is the best I can do for now. I made a box that's 150x150, resized the original snapshot on paint so that the smaller dimension was 150, then used the box to crop a specific section to get what I have now.
Hmm, I find it decent. Paint keeps the image quality as is, so that's good. Unlike Photoshop, which makes your desired image look blurry as **** when you resize it.

I'm doing good.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yeah E3 is without a doubt, better than Christmas. Amazing how seeing trailers for consoles and games can be more exciting than actually receiving physical gifts on Christmas.
Unless those gifts are said said games...

But even then, nothing beats the hype of seeing a game for the first time. Especially if it's a series you follow closely.

Soul.

E3 is hype, yo. Who doesn't get hyped for E3? Maybe if you're expecting nothing but characters.
2016 will be even better because we get to see the NX and all that space jam.

>group chat

...Skype?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
E3 gives me hope for the gaming industry.
And by E3, I mean Nintendo's E3. Last year's E3 was so awesome because of them.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Unless those gifts are said said games...

But even then, nothing beats the hype of seeing a game for the first time. Especially if it's a series you follow closely.
True, although the games I'm the most excited for, I tend to buy myself.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
E3 gives me hope for the gaming industry.
And by E3, I mean Nintendo's E3. Last year's E3 was so awesome because of them.
I was really impressed at last year's E3 by all of the big 3. For me, E3 2014 will be extremely difficult to top, more so since Smash is already released.

Soul.

Perhaps they'll announce the new Pokémon game that is supposed to be revealed on May 21 officially?
I think they can. Nintendo are pretty crafty. They (finally) understand their fanbase, and always keep a surprise or two up their sleeves.

Leave me alone, I'm old. I was very active in the MSN days.
Bruh, but Skype. Skype is love. ;~;

D

Deleted member

I think they can. Nintendo are pretty crafty. They (finally) understand their fanbase, and always keep a surprise or two up their sleeves.

Leave me alone, I'm old. I was very active in the MSN days.
Messenger was quite good, actually. Unfortunately, Skype doesn't compare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Messenger was quite good, actually. Unfortunately, Skype doesn't compare. And then you have contacts removing you all of a sudden. lol
MSN let you add your own gifs as emojis, and you could nudge people which automatically put their window to the front of your screen.

It was a trolls dream.

D

Deleted member

MSN let you add your own gifs as emojis, and you could nudge people which automatically put their window to the front of your screen.

It was a trolls dream.
I would've spammed the **** out of House .GIFs then. Skype should get some of its features back.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

It was a trolls dream.
So much nudging back in the day...

I only pay attention to what Nintendo does at E3. Otherwise I still prefer Christmas...at least the Christmases when I still had friends within a close proximity. ;_;

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

I only pay attention to what Nintendo does at E3. Otherwise I still prefer Christmas...at least the Christmases when I still had friends within a close proximity. ;_;
The older I get the less I enjoy Christmas... I'm sure it'll change when I have kids, but atm it's just a really rush around day when you spend as much as you give. Meh, call me Grinchy, but it's not my thing.

I have a couple of friends who love E3 and we can still hype about it, so that's good. I'm glad not everyone grew up without me.

D

Deleted member

I tend to watch Sony and Microsoft's conferences for boredom. That might change this year.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Remember Nintendo's tweet tease about revealing plans for E3? What if that's Reggie dressed as Little Mac to train for the match against HBox? :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom