• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So I didn't get to play the Splatoon Global Testfire, but at least I got to eat some pizza and look at some extremely weird Asian art

Soul.

Hay.
Ditto would be hilarious to see in Pokkén lol. Also lol again, Naruto is bad... in my opinion.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
In regards to the Naruto discussion earlier, I'll say it was pretty good early on, but gradually got worse. I was also disappointed at the end. Still, it had its moments. I've watched consistently since Shippuden minus one or two filler arcs, and I'd say I've been more consistent with that than Dragon Ball. I gave up after the Cell Saga because I felt it dragged on too long. That's probably due to watching it when I was in 4th grade though...One Piece is apparently only half way done, and I don't have the attention span to start from the beginning if it took this long just to get to this point.

Right now I prefer 12/13 episode anime with some 24 episode ones. They don't drag on too long, and if they get another season, it takes enough time for me to rest from it.
Naruto has points where I see the brilliance of some good ideas.

But the pacing and order of events is where it went wrong.

To me, it really seemed the ending should have been with the Pain arc, it fit with the themes of the show and it seemed like the real ending and not one that felt made up and tripped on itself over and over.

I'll say this much, I like the new movie, it felt like a better ending and tied stuff together for an epilogue.

I watched it til the end, the whole series but it ended up in a bunch traps a lot of long series can end up in.

It could have been like Yuyu Hakusho or Hunter x Hunter but instead it ended up just a mess a lot of the points in it.

I still like it in the end, but I don't think the series as a whole is good.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Here's my problem with DBZ : it doesn't have a real end.

At first, the manga was going to end with the death of Goku on Namek if I recall correctly. It would have been great to end this way ! The hero, even though he avenged his friends and won against the ennemy, he still dies because he couldn't make it in time. But, due the fan demand, the manga continued with the Android and Cell saga (yes, they are separated).
Toriyama wanted to end DBZ with the Cell saga, with again, the death of the main hero, Goku. Here it's also a great way to end the manga : Goku dies and his son kills the main villain. Goku finally dies for real and does not come back.
But noooo, fans wanted more ! So we had the Buu saga, a big mess with Buu as this OP villain that keeps coming back for nothing, a Gohan that does nothing except in a small part (he's rekt after his badass moment) and a stupid ending with Goku winning against Buu with the Genkidama, Mr.Satan's help and the dragon balls from Namek. And the manga ended with a bad cliffhanger that probably wanted to make a sequel to DBZ based on Uub, new student of Goku.

DB : GT came, went completely on the wrong direction and f***** it up. Now what ? Now, we're stuck with an unifinshed manga, that doesn't want to end. Heck, with the movies, it even had the opportunity to do an other fully fledged series. I'm sorry, but you either finish your manga the way you want or do like Jojo by making other stories in the same universe. You have to change your hero if you want your manga to be good in the long run. Jojo did it with it's format of parts that are related to the main story but are focused on other characters to make it fresh everytime. And it works well, since to this day, Jojo is still going on and still look fresh and new with JojoLion. And now we even have a good anime based on older parts.

So in short : DBZ should have ended way sooner. It would have still be iconic. But thanks to fans, DBZ doesn't want to end.

Everyone looking at this big paragraph right now :
View attachment 51024
I did not mind the Buu story much. Also. I like Gotenks.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Predetermind Role Support group is one of the best ideas that oni333 ever came up with. Now we can have our own support threads for "deconfirmed" characters in peace without any worries of threads being locked.

But the only downside is that it isn't public to the point where any new member would see it and choose whether to support Waluigi or Ridley. Though this is what we have for now and the best we can do is inviting anyone who really wants to support these characters despite the site's rules (Not like the mods can do anything about it since it's a private group and Swampy is on our side).
Invite me if you decide to go make it.

:231:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So after changing one hundred time my avatar like a girl changing her dress (no offense at any girl looking at this message:samusmelee:). I finally take this cool Dimentio fanart that i found on the web. How tough he is?:mewtwomelee:
Edit: oops.:4gaw:

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Waluigi's cool...
But all the waa I need is right here >>>:4wario2::4wario2:

still support the other waa tho :4waluigi:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Waluigi's cool...
But all the waa I need is right here >>>:4wario2::4wario2:

still support the other waa tho :4waluigi:
I always find strange that Waluigi was so hated by so many people. I mean, how someone can hate this?!

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
I always find strange that Waluigi was so hated by so many people. I mean, how someone can hate this?!
Waluigi has always been one of my favorite Mario characters. He should appear in some of the Wario spin-off games (How does Wario come up with schemes without his partner in crime being involved?) even if it's just a cameo. Biker Waluigi needs to be a thing.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Waluigi has always been one of my favorite Mario characters. He should appear in some of the Wario spin-off games (How does Wario come up with schemes without his partner in crime being involved?) even if it's just a cameo. Biker Waluigi needs to be a thing.
Actully, i really want to see the Wario Bros appear in a Mario RPG, Paper Mario or M&L. I think the two bro can go really well in this two sub-series.

DougX

Smash Champion
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Actully, i really want to see the Wario Bros appear in a Mario RPG, Paper Mario or M&L. I think the two bro can go really well in this two sub-series.
That'd be cool with me too. The games already have some amusement, so imagine even more mischievous goofballs being involved. The more the merrier! : D

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Heh, in other places I see the opposite said: How can anyone like this?
Most commonly I hear that he's a worthless and unimportant character because he originated as a doubles partner for Wario in tennis...but I know of course that's BS, because people like characters for their...uh, I dunno, character? How they came to be has nothing to do with what you personally find appealing of them.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hey @ Soul. Soul. , up for some gen 4 matches on showdown ? My "OU gen 4 team" is ready.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Most commonly I hear that he's a worthless and unimportant character because he originated as a doubles partner for Wario in tennis...but I know of course that's BS, because people like characters for their...uh, I dunno, character? How they came to be has nothing to do with what you personally find appealing of them.
Yeah.. i mean, there already a good number of Mario character with little to no personality (except in the RPG game). So why hated the one with the most? I mean, is different but that's not making him a bad character. Au contraire.

DougX

Smash Champion
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Yeah.. i mean, there already a good number of Mario character with little to no personality (except in the RPG game). So why hated the one with the most? I mean, is different but that's not making him a bad character. Au contraire.
Yeah. Waluigi is filled to the brim with personality and creative abilities. He really does need to appear more often. Playable in Smash, in RPGs with Wario, in the actual Wario games, etc.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
LOL.

Falco be like "Go get her.
" Im sorry. I had to post this because of yesterday.

Attachments

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Most common rebuttal I hear is that he just originated as a doubles partner for Wario in tennis...but I know of course that's BS, people like characters for their...uh, I dunno, character? How they came to be doesn't have to do with what you personally find appealing to them.
Waluigi is stuck in a position where he simply can't appear in any canon Mario game. Why ? Well, I theorized (MatPat would be proud) that Nintendo simply doesn't use Mario characters created by someone that ain't Miyamoto except crossovers.

There's 2 big evidences for this theory being Waluigi and Daisy. The first one, Waluigi, was created by the team who developped Mario Tennis. They needed a partner for Wario, so they designed, with the help of Miyamoto, Waluigi. But the character itself was not created by him, he only gave tips and approved the design. And as you can see, Waluigi never appeared in any big and canon Mario games.
Princess Daisy on the other hand is different, but goes to the same point. Daisy appeared in Super Mario Land and was created by Gunpei Yokoi. While Miyamoto and Yokoi were in really good terms, the character was still not created by Miyamoto. Afterwards, Yokoi left Nintendo after the failure of the Virtual Boy, leaving the character in nothing. The company that developped Mario Tennis retook the character, giving Daisy even less possibilities for her to appear in a new canon Mario game.

With this, we can say for sure that Waluigi won't appear in any new canon Mario game, unless he has the same fate as Wario. Wario was also not created by Miyamoto, but was still used due to its popularity. Unless Waluigi, or Daisy, are getting a really big attention, there's pratically no way for them to appear in any big Mario game that ain't kart racing or parties.

Thanks for anyone who read this useless theory.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Waluigi is stuck in a position where he simply can't appear in any canon Mario game. Why ? Well, I theorized (MatPat would be proud) that Nintendo simply doesn't use Mario characters created by someone that ain't Miyamoto except crossovers.

There's 2 big evidences for this theory being Waluigi and Daisy. The first one, Waluigi, was created by the team who developped Mario Tennis. They needed a partner for Wario, so they designed, with the help of Miyamoto, Waluigi. But the character itself was not created by him, he only gave tips and approved the design. And as you can see, Waluigi never appeared in any big and canon Mario games.
Princess Daisy on the other hand is different, but goes to the same point. Daisy appeared in Super Mario Land and was created by Gunpei Yokoi. While Miyamoto and Yokoi were in really good terms, the character was still not created by Miyamoto. Afterwards, Yokoi left Nintendo after the failure of the Virtual Boy, leaving the character in nothing. The company that developped Mario Tennis retook the character, making Daisy even less possibilities for her to appear in a new canon Mario game.

With this, we can say for sure that Waluigi won't appear in any new canon Mario game, unless he has the same fate as Wario. Wario was also not created by Miyamoto, but was still used due to its popularity. Unless Waluigi, or Daisy, are getting a really big attention, there's pratically no way for them to appear in any big Mario game that ain't kart racing or parties.

Thanks for anyone who read this useless theory.
Wait... Mario games are canon?

MainJPW

M.T.A
Yeah. Waluigi is filled to the brim with personality and creative abilities. He really does need to appear more often. Playable in Smash, in RPGs with Wario, in the actual Wario games, etc.
What Waluigi needs is to star with Wario in a tag-team adventure title. That'd be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom