• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wasted my time trying to install something for my PSP (yeah, homebrew, but it's not piracy). So anything new going on?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just got done watching DBZKai a while back. It's right before Vegeta's fight with Zarbon.

I'm gonna start watching JoJo Part 2 now, since I finished Phantom Blood. Archer Season 3 isn't OnDemand yet, as far as I know.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Just got done watching DBZKai a while back. It's right before Vegeta's fight with Zarbon.

I'm gonna start watching JoJo Part 2 now, since I finished Phantom Blood. Archer Season 3 isn't OnDemand yet, as far as I know.
Ok, the thread is dead.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I still wonder why Naruto is liked. I mean, yeah, it came at a time where kids were watching cartoons on TV and Naruto was just there at the time on normal channels, but why was this appealing ? Even as a kid, I never liked Naruto. And even when I try/am forced to watch it with friends, I still find the whole manga crappy. The characters are lame, the humor is repetitive, the scenario is bad and the fights are barely interresting.

Now we are all stuck with this blond ninja that don't want to leave.
For the most part, good animation for the time, catchy music, very interesting world with its own inner workings, hierarchy and lore, pretty good action scenes (the quality of which kinda went down with time), having a story thats less braindead then most shonens and trying to convey some sort of messages in its arcs (which kinda backfired near the end of its life), memorable character designs, interesting backstories, and some downright dark themes and imagery that would show up from time to time to catch you off guard to keep things from being too safe. The filler is pretty bad though, not to mention the series took a nose-dive near the end of its life and everything just got outright stupid, so as time goes on people will remember it less fondly.

Most importantly, it was something new and exciting at the perfect time when people ware starving for anime. Still remember people calling this "The next DBZ", which it kinda became, but without the same amount of respect DBZ has in Japan (where its pretty much on the same cultural level as Hokuto or JoJo, though JoJo generates more hype as its still ongoing). It was popular everywhere, sure, but as hype dies down people kinda start forgeting about it and move on. Give it a year or so and we'l see if it still around.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Naruto isn't really bad, per se. The manga is average, the lore is interesting, but it doesn't really hold up compared to short 12/24 episodes animes made nowadays. Oh, and the filler.

:231:

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Gosh man, I drunk half a gallon of soda and now I'm wired. Have to get up in 3 hours to switch houses though :urg:

Also, surprised there was... any sort of activity here this late, honestly.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
It seems today is Mother's Day. Huh. Didn't kno.
Though no one really gives a heck about the holiday here, so that explains it.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
For the most part, good animation for the time, catchy music, very interesting world with its own inner workings, hierarchy and lore, pretty good action scenes (the quality of which kinda went down with time), having a story thats less braindead then most shonens and trying to convey some sort of messages in its arcs (which kinda backfired near the end of its life), memorable character designs, interesting backstories, and some downright dark themes and imagery that would show up from time to time to catch you off guard to keep things from being too safe. The filler is pretty bad though, not to mention the series took a nose-dive near the end of its life and everything just got outright stupid, so as time goes on people will remember it less fondly.

Most importantly, it was something new and exciting at the perfect time when people ware starving for anime. Still remember people calling this "The next DBZ", which it kinda became, but without the same amount of respect DBZ has in Japan (where its pretty much on the same cultural level as Hokuto or JoJo, though JoJo generates more hype as its still ongoing). It was popular everywhere, sure, but as hype dies down people kinda start forgeting about it and move on. Give it a year or so and we'l see if it still around.
For me, the next "DBZ" is probably going to be One Piece. Hey, they already made multiple crossovers between those two. One Piece was inspired by it, so it's more logical that this manga is the next DBZ.

Naruto however fails to look interresting to me. And that mostly due to the characters. Naruto in particular took this path of the "dumb but strong hero" character, wich makes him pretty predictable and thus, not interresting. The story feels repetitive, with no big surprises. And the animation doesn't mean anything to me really, if it's animated correctly, then it's okay.

But Naruto in general is a joke in the manga business, especially in France. People just know it as the "kiddy manga about ninjas". And in the manga industry, it's mostly known as "stereotypical manga who had a lot of success for nothing". It's literally a joke, and in the bad way.

Anyway...

Splatoon.gif

And also, hi.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
For me, the next "DBZ" is probably going to be One Piece. Hey, they already made multiple crossovers between those two. One Piece was inspired by it, so it's more logical that this manga is the next DBZ.

Naruto however fails to look interresting to me. And that mostly due to the characters. Naruto in particular took this path of the "dumb but strong hero" character, wich makes him pretty predictable and thus, not interresting. The story feels repetitive, with no big surprises. And the animation doesn't mean anything to me really, if it's animated correctly, then it's okay.

But Naruto in general is a joke in the manga business, especially in France. People just know it as the "kiddy manga about ninjas". And in the manga industry, it's mostly known as "stereotypical manga who had a lot of success for nothing". It's literally a joke, and in the bad way.

Anyway...

Splatoon.gif

And also, hi.
It did become a joke as it went on, I'l agree with that, though I'l still wager some people will remember it fondly for the good bits (also Naruto was inspired by DBZ as well, the creator of Naruto and creator of One Piece actually did little friendly nods to each other when Naruto came to an end manga-wise, so you can say people in the business actually respect the series a little). But in the end, I'l say you cant really fall harder and faster than Bleach.

kylexv

Smash Master

Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 8/8.

Now that one kid on Miiverse is to blame for starting a fad that would cause the Metroid fanbase to bait the Halo fans. But hey, every human needs their fair share of salt to enjoy. :lick:
That's what THAGOVERNMENT wants you to think.

:troll:

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
One Piece is superior to Naruto in every way. Naruto's appeal was in it's diverse cast and interesting fight scenes, something the series put less and less focus on until it became... well... bad.

One Piece knows what it is and doesn't try to be anything else.

Strofirko

Smash Master
So I've finally gotten caught up on Splatoon news. The fact that there's only 5 maps and no matchmaking on release kinda bothers me, especially since it's a full priced game.
Oh yeah and no lobbies because why not.
Well tf2 on the release used to cost $$$ and had only 5% of it's nowadays content.
PS:It still cost to play on dead servers on consols.

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace

Pichu's reaction to Roy and Mewtwo joining Smash before him. His face literally screams "Sakurai, I would rip your **** apart if you don't add me like you've done for that grotesque naked cat".
Dude, that's Pi, not Pichu Is it bad that I know where that's from?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Predetermind Role Support group is one of the best ideas that oni333 ever came up with. Now we can have our own support threads for "deconfirmed" characters in peace without any worries of threads being locked.

But the only downside is that it isn't public to the point where any new member would see it and choose whether to support Waluigi or Ridley. Though this is what we have for now and the best we can do is inviting anyone who really wants to support these characters despite the site's rules (Not like the mods can do anything about it since it's a private group and Swampy is on our side).

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
In regards to the Naruto discussion earlier, I'll say it was pretty good early on, but gradually got worse. I was also disappointed at the end. Still, it had its moments. I've watched consistently since Shippuden minus one or two filler arcs, and I'd say I've been more consistent with that than Dragon Ball. I gave up after the Cell Saga because I felt it dragged on too long. That's probably due to watching it when I was in 4th grade though...One Piece is apparently only half way done, and I don't have the attention span to start from the beginning if it took this long just to get to this point.

Right now I prefer 12/13 episode anime with some 24 episode ones. They don't drag on too long, and if they get another season, it takes enough time for me to rest from it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Is anybody here know a trick for spawning a item in a certain place in a custom stage? I know there is a trick for character but i don't know if here is one for the item. I demand that because i want to create a stage inspired from "The secret Lab" from Kuzco (If you don't know what i'm saiying, check this video.).
Thanks for feedback!:4lemmy:

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
In regards to the Naruto discussion earlier, I'll say it was pretty good early on, but gradually got worse. I was also disappointed at the end. Still, it had its moments. I've watched consistently since Shippuden minus one or two filler arcs, and I'd say I've been more consistent with that than Dragon Ball. I gave up after the Cell Saga because I felt it dragged on too long. That's probably due to watching it when I was in 4th grade though...One Piece is apparently only half way done, and I don't have the attention span to start from the beginning if it took this long just to get to this point.

Right now I prefer 12/13 episode anime with some 24 episode ones. They don't drag on too long, and if they get another season, it takes enough time for me to rest from it.
If you'l ever conside trying DBZ again I highly recommend Uncut Kai. It cuts down on the bull**** significantly.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Happy EarthBound day.

The Predetermind Role Support group is one of the best ideas that oni333 ever came up with. Now we can have our own support threads for "deconfirmed" characters in peace without any worries of threads being locked.
Sounds like a fun time.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@SuperLittleTY, you seem like a good fellow that supported a variety of fighters before they were deconfirmed. Would you like me to invite you to our private Predetermined Role Support Group? :)

Sounds like a fun time.
You seem like you're interested. Want an invitation so that you can see the chaos?

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Here's my problem with DBZ : it doesn't have a real end.

At first, the manga was going to end with the death of Goku on Namek if I recall correctly. It would have been great to end this way ! The hero, even though he avenged his friends and won against the ennemy, he still dies because he couldn't make it in time. But, due the fan demand, the manga continued with the Android and Cell saga (yes, they are separated).
Toriyama wanted to end DBZ with the Cell saga, with again, the death of the main hero, Goku. Here it's also a great way to end the manga : Goku dies and his son kills the main villain. Goku finally dies for real and does not come back.
But noooo, fans wanted more ! So we had the Buu saga, a big mess with Buu as this OP villain that keeps coming back for nothing, a Gohan that does nothing except in a small part (he's rekt after his badass moment) and a stupid ending with Goku winning against Buu with the Genkidama, Mr.Satan's help and the dragon balls from Namek. And the manga ended with a bad cliffhanger that probably wanted to make a sequel to DBZ based on Uub, new student of Goku.

DB : GT came, went completely on the wrong direction and f***** it up. Now what ? Now, we're stuck with an unifinshed manga, that doesn't want to end. Heck, with the movies, it even had the opportunity to do an other fully fledged series. I'm sorry, but you either finish your manga the way you want or do like Jojo by making other stories in the same universe. You have to change your hero if you want your manga to be good in the long run. Jojo did it with it's format of parts that are related to the main story but are focused on other characters to make it fresh everytime. And it works well, since to this day, Jojo is still going on and still look fresh and new with JojoLion. And now we even have a good anime based on older parts.

So in short : DBZ should have ended way sooner. It would have still be iconic. But thanks to fans, DBZ doesn't want to end.

Everyone looking at this big paragraph right now :
49b.gif

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

At first, the manga was going to end with the death of Goku on Namek if I recall correctly. It would have been great to end this way ! The hero, even though he avenged his friends and won against the ennemy, he still dies because he couldn't make it in time. But, due the fan demand, the manga continued with the Android and Cell saga (yes, they are separated).
Toriyama wanted to end DBZ with the Cell saga, with again, the death of the main hero, Goku. Here it's also a great way to end the manga : Goku dies and his son kills the main villain. Goku finally dies for real and does not come back.
But noooo, fans wanted more ! So we had the Buu saga, a big mess with Buu as this OP villain that keeps coming back for nothing, a Gohan that does nothing except in a small part (he's rekt after his badass moment) and a stupid ending with Goku winning against Buu with the Genkidama, Mr.Satan's help and the dragon balls from Namek. And the manga ended with a bad cliffhanger that probably wanted to make a sequel to DBZ based on Uub, new student of Goku.

DB : GT came, went completely on the wrong direction and f***** it up. Now what ? Now, we're stuck with an unifinshed manga, that doesn't want to end. Heck, with the movies, it even had the opportunity to do an other fully fledged series. I'm sorry, but you either finish your manga the way you want or do like Jojo by making other stories in the same universe. You have to change your hero if you want your manga to be good in the long run. Jojo did it with it's format of parts that are related to the main story but are focused on other characters to make it fresh everytime. And it works well, since to this day, Jojo is still going on and still look fresh and new with JojoLion. And now we even have a good anime based on older parts.

So in short : DBZ should have ended way sooner. It would have still be iconic. But thanks to fans, DBZ doesn't want to end.

View attachment 51024
Now watch Dragon Ball Super become this generation's Dragon Ball GT and flop like fish. It would be a thing that would taint the franchise after the excellent canon movies we had.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Now watch Dragon Ball Super become this generation's Dragon Ball GT and flop like fish. It would be a thing that would taint the franchise after the excellent canon movies we had.
Well, I mean...

It could be way better...

...especially without those DeviantArt like power ups.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Morning, Smashboards. Mother's day is here today and as always companies are doing their best to take advantage and steal money from wallets.

Also you clerly didn't see Cliff's Zora Link avi, @KenithTheGatherer.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

View attachment 51024
You nailed a lot of my thoughts on DBZ.

I'm ok with it going if it doesn't go down the GT arc and tries to stay funny in a Dragonball.

People think it's wierd I like the newest movies more, but it's because it mixes the best elements of Dragonball and Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom