• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I'm thinking about picking a roller, which is weird taking in mind I'm more of a distant combat person.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Heh, been so long since I played competitive Pokémon.
But Pokémon still is my favorite games to play competitively, yes, even more than Smash Bros.
:4pacman:
I was more experimenting with some Pokes. There was a clear hole in my team.

And CHATOT THE DESTROYER ripped it open.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I might pick up Splatoon at some point. When I do, I'll have a Random Number Generator choose my Inkling's gender. Because I'm random like that. :4wario2:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
@ Luggy Luggy yeeeah edgeguard with Fox is super weird. I abuse jabs too much, still got much to learn but eh, I'm getting semi-better each day and fight. I don't shield enough or counter projectiles either... :glare:

More or less, I'LL WIN AT LEAST TWICE NEXT TIME WE PLAY... hopefully :sadeyes:
I'm off to play Revelations 2 for now though, so peace.

Zero Meddler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroMeddler
3DS FC
1633-4671-0386
I'm probably going to use the sniper weapons the most. I just love sniping people. =D

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Hey kids! You know what's awesome!? Getting caught in a frickin' storm!!!

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
tumblr_n9ihpwQF3P1rrq6yfo1_500.gif

I don't give a single care about Splatoon. I don't like shooters on consoles. And there's no real appeal for the inklings in my opinion. It's just humanoïd like squids, with teams composed only of girl squids because "puberty" and "lol, internet", discrimination with hats, poor single player and "competitive" plebs who'll try to create a metagame around the game.
Yeah, I don't really care, as you can see.

@ Luggy Luggy yeeeah edgeguard with Fox is super weird. I abuse jabs too much, still got much to learn but eh, I'm getting semi-better each day and fight. I don't shield enough or counter projectiles either... :glare:

More or less, I'LL WIN AT LEAST TWICE NEXT TIME WE PLAY... hopefully :sadeyes:
I'm off to play Revelations 2 for now though, so peace.
Also, try to not spam the shine. It's not Melee, it's not really great in this game.
Anyway, I hope you'll progress. :101:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
View attachment 50855
I don't give a single care about Splatoon. I don't like shooters on consoles. And there's no real appeal for the inklings in my opinion. It's just humanoïd like squids, with teams composed only of girl squids because "puberty" and "lol, internet", discrimination with hats, poor single player and "competitive" plebs who'll try to create a metagame around the game.

Also, try to not spam the shine. It's not Melee, it's not really great in this game.
I dont care for it also, I just wanna try it and see if I really want to get it

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I thought I was the only person who willingly played that game.
I love you.
I KNOW I SAID I LEFT BUT I SAW THIS BEFORE I DID
nah, i love this game. story was pretty good minus some silly scripting. (lol, good ending with barry and moira got somewhat cheesy) i love barry a ton. raid mode is a pretty fun thing to play as well.

I'm just kinda mad at what they did with the new characters in this game, like Pedro, Gabe, and Neil. They handled those types of side characters better in Revs 1. But Moira and Natalia are pretty cool.

Soul.

I don't mean to hate Splatoon, but it honestly seems lacking to me. There is something missing. I don't know.
New franchise is good and all; if people want it to be competitive, yeah they can do that.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
View attachment 50855

I can understand that really. The game has done a lot to piss fans off over the past several months and after the direct I kind of feel that is going to be void of a lot of content and its all going to come within updates (albeit free) that should honestly be in the game at launch. There is absolutely no reason why all friends matches is not included from the start. Also the incentive to buy amiibo for this game is disgusting and challenges like that shouldn't be locked behind essentially a paywall and nice figurine

Also wtf why is there no deathmatch option? I hate that ranked battles (at least until tower control) are just focused on this one tiny area in a huge map. If you're not going to include voice chat why throw out deathmatch too--something that's been in every shooter SINCE GOLDENEYE for the n64? And f*** battle dojo. That looks horrible and boring.

I have a feeling this game is going to get the "good, but had potential to be huge" kind of reviews. It won't stop me from playing because there isn't anything else I want (I do want Arkham Knight but alas no ps4).

Also the inklings mii costumes for smash look hideous. Its probably the face and the mii used but ugh. /endrant

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I don't mean to hate Splatoon, but it honestly seems lacking to me. There is something missing. I don't know.
New franchise is good and all; if people want it to be competitive, yeah they can do that.
What's missing from Splatoon? The voice talents of Charlton Heston.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
2 hours until the first Testfire play of Splatoon.

I just hope the only 3 runs is just the first batch as there's still 3 weeks until launch.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ironic there was a SpongeBob talk when I wasn't here lol

D

Deleted member

Steam support hasn't reacted yet. It'll take 3000 years for them to finally take down my account.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I KNOW I SAID I LEFT BUT I SAW THIS BEFORE I DID
nah, i love this game. story was pretty good minus some silly scripting. (lol, good ending with barry and moira got somewhat cheesy) i love barry a ton. raid mode is a pretty fun thing to play as well.
I'm just kinda mad at what they did with the new characters in this game, like Pedro, Gabe, and Neil. They handled those types of side characters better in Revs 1. But Moira and Natalia are pretty cool.
Tell me more.Yeah, I love this game. Good ending was cheesy but...better than the bad one (which I got before I knew there were different endings :()
And yeah they did off Gabe and Neil too fast. I hate Pedro though, so I'm okay with him dying horribly.
If you're playing on PS3 there's a chance we'll meet. Just a chance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom