• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The true evil is Televisa, better known as the main reason why Tacoland is stuck in a hole :4mewtwo:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Video Brinquedo also has a series of films called the Little Cars.

Which as you probably guessed, is very similar to Pixar's Cars. And as if it being an obvious, dumb and shameless knock-off weren't enough, Video Brinquedo made a total of five Little Cars movies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*Flashbacks*

Ohhhh, I own a DVD of Little Cars lol, the dub was hilariously bad and good at the same time

D

Deleted member

Video Brinquedo also has a series of films called the Little Cars.

Which as you probably guessed, is very similar to Pixar's Cars. And as if it being an obvious, dumb and shameless knock-off weren't enough, Video Brinquedo made a total of five Little Cars movies.
Oh god, I just searched that in Google... the characters look exactly the same as Pixar's.. lawsuit incoming.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ha! Jokes on you, I already knew about it.

Plus there's Rat-tat-toing:
Ta-toinging has officially intensified.

Also, not to mention their lesser known Disney/Pixar knock-offs like The Frog Prince, What's Up?: Balloon to the Rescue, Little & Big Monsters, Little Princess School, and some of their other non-Disney knock-offs such as the Little Panda Fighter and Gladiformers 1 and 2. (these titles all make me cringe...)

Oh god, I just searched that in Google... the characters look exactly the same as Pixar's.. lawsuit incoming.
Oddly enough I don't think Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, or any of the other companies they rip-off their movies from have ever filed lawsuits against them.

Allow me to quite the company's director, Mauricio Milani, in his response to all the negative reception and comments about the obvious similarities to other movies: "The story is that we create. Themes are just the same."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ta-toinging has officially intensified.

Also, not to mention their lesser known Disney/Pixar knock-offs like The Frog Prince, What's Up?: Balloon to the Rescue, Little & Big Monsters, Little Princess School, and some of their other non-Disney knock-offs such as the Little Panda Fighter and Gladiformers 1 and 2. (these titles all make me cringe...)

Oddly enough I don't think Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, or any of the other companies they rip-of their movies from have ever filed lawsuits against them.

Allow me to quite the company's director, Mauricio Milani, in his response to all the negative reception and comments about the obvious similarities to other movies: "The story is that we create. Themes are just the same."
I call that ********. It's just like creating Sonic recolors all over again.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Have any of you guys heard of the game Uniracers?
No? Well its because Pixar filed a lawsuit claiming that the unicycles in the game resembled Red from Red's Dream. Even as a Pixar fan, it was still a pretty jackass move for a model that:
  • Did not relate to Red in any way.
  • Aside from cameos, Red was never used by Pixar again.
Easily, Pixar's destructive (and forgotten) move towards a SNES game.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Wow I reached 5,000 posts.

Where is my free hat!?

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I call that ********. It's just like creating Sonic recolors all over again.
With the mention of Sonic, I am going to post this excerpt from Wikipedia:
"Even though Vídeo Brinquedo is a company that produces its own animated movies, in the Brazilian market they have also distributed DVDs of foreign cartoons like Sonic X, The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, Little Lulu and Batfink, and some little-known films about fairytales.[12] However, one of its most controversial distributions is Mega Powers!, which bears a close resemblance to the series Power Rangers and Super Sentai, but was not produced by Vídeo Brinquedo themselves. The series is a production of Intervalo Produções,[13] another Brazilian animation studio that was also responsible for creating the cartoon Dogmons!, bearing a close resemblance to Pokémon and Digimon.[14]"

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
With the mention of Sonic, I am going to post this excerpt from Wikipedia:
"Even though Vídeo Brinquedo is a company that produces its own animated movies, in the Brazilian market they have also distributed DVDs of foreign cartoons like Sonic X, The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, Little Lulu and Batfink, and some little-known films about fairytales.[12] However, one of its most controversial distributions is Mega Powers!, which bears a close resemblance to the series Power Rangers and Super Sentai, but was not produced by Vídeo Brinquedo themselves. The series is a production of Intervalo Produções,[13] another Brazilian animation studio that was also responsible for creating the cartoon Dogmons!, bearing a close resemblance to Pokémon and Digimon.[14]"
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that bit. They distibuted DVDs of cartoons like Sonic X among others before eventually making their "own" films, which began with a Finding Nemo knock-ff shortly after it came out.

Wait a minute....if Sonic X is the main source of Sonic recolors, Sonic X is tied to Video Brinquedo, and Video Brinquedo makes knock-offs of existing movies, does that mean....... it was them who were responsible for the creation of Sonic recolors everywhere?!

IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom