• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
No doubt I'm late for this but-

heehehehehehehehehehehe.

Ghost type Gengar confirmed OP in a fighting game.
If Pokken is ever coming to the Wii U (which I think it will), I'm gonna main Gengar. It looks extremely fun to play with.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
At this point, I don't care if Ridley becomes a playable character or not anymore. But it definetely will not be in this instalment.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Why are we discussing about a forgotten purple deformed space dragon?

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You know, I honestly think it might be time to change my Paper Mario support slogan.

It's just a bit generic. idk, I feel it doesn't tell the real thing exactly. Especially since I got that characters doesn't rep only themselves, I got that it's not only the moves that matters, but what they reflect.

I should be promoting more on how the moves reflects something interesting rather than the moves themselves.

Something like colorful, silly or STYLISH!, just anything that embodies his design (I was about to say personality, but considering he's mario....it might be confusing).

Anyone feels the same? Anyway, for the number of time people saw my sig, I think I passed that word already :) Like, almost no one sees him as a clone in this site.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Why are we discussing about a forgotten purple deformed space dragon?

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:
I saw that coming from 18 miles away from a separate country on a different highway while wearing vision-enhancing glasses.

edit i dont know what im typing anymore

Last edited:

Soul.

I need to see a source where it says Pokkén will come to Wii U.
and I'm laughing right now. Back in January when Pika/Suicune/Gardevoir were confirmed I said "Next thing they'll add will be Gengar, don't worry" and it happened. rofl

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
If Jigglypuff gets in Pokken, I wonder if people will be predicting Jigglypuff's cut for each subsequent iteration just like with Smash...

R0Y

Smash Master
Anyone who is not buying Xenoblade Chronicles X fite me irl fight me in Splatoon

D

Deleted member

If Jigglypuff gets in Pokken, I wonder if people will be predicting Jigglypuff's cut for each subsequent iteration just like with Smash...
I remember people wanted Jiggs cut in favor of Mewtwo (in Smash 4). Jiggs came back, and a lot of people got butthurt. Mewtwo came back less than two weeks ago and I don't see complaints anymore.

T1T0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
12321a
If Jigglypuff got into Pokken then I think that the Gengar hype will be nothing in comparison in my honest-highly-baised-and-slightly-delusional opinion...also I would know for sure my main

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I want soooo many WiiU games but I only have $85 to spend

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Hey Spyro!

If being a part of one of the top 20 bestselling video game series ever is terrible, then yes. The same goes for being adored by today's generation of children. :p

But if you're talking about the redesign...then yeah. It's pretty terrible. Who had the bright idea of giving Spyro red eyes!?

Though I prefer Spyro's old design, I honestly don't hate his new one. Except for the red eyes, of course.

R0Y

Smash Master
If being a part of one of the top 20 bestselling video game series ever is terrible, then yes. The same goes for being adored by today's generation of children. :p

But if you're talking about the redesign...then yeah. It's pretty terrible. Who had the bright idea of giving Spyro red eyes!?

Though I prefer Spyro's old design, I honestly don't hate his new one. Except for the red eyes, of course.
He's been a non-factor in Skylanders after the very first game, subtitled Spyro's Adventure, so I'd say he's had a pretty rough go of it actually.

D

Deleted member

I'm sure you've seen this already.
And the original post had an inappropiate word, so I removed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
He's been a non-factor in Skylanders after the very first game, subtitled Spyro's Adventure, so I'd say he's had a pretty rough go of it actually.
Having played every game in the Skylanders series, I have to disagree. I will concede that Activision just mentioned Spyro in the title to get more $$$. However, he still does have a few distinctions in the series. 1: He is the leader of the modern Skylanders. 2: He has the most figurines out of all the Skylanders (Series 1, Dark, Legendary, Series 2, Series 3, Series 3 Dark). 3: One of the Skylanders, Trigger Happy, would shoot gold coins as bullets and they used to have Spyro on them (I don't know if this is still true--I have to check). 4: There is a form of currency you can pick up that resembles Spyro. 5: In the game, there are collectible hats which you can equip to your Skylanders. One of them (the Trucker Hat) has Spyro on it. 5: In the 3DS version of Swap Force, there is a statue of Master Eon with Spyro next to him.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master

No I hadn't before, but love me some salt, especially considering that Kotaku is far worse.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So...I just checked my class to see how my Sociology test went

....47%. I'm pretty much ****ed unless I perfect these two papers I'm gonna work on because I'm at 60% right now

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Why are we making generalizations about Kotaku and Kotaku making generalizations about Smashboards? Can't we all just get along? ;_;

I've never played a Spyro game before. All I know is that Nintendo doesn't claim ownership over him.
Yeah, he was once considered a Sony mascot because his first 3 games were Sony exclusive. But Spyro has a better relationship with Nintendo, overall. 5 of his games (6 if you include the Wii U exclusive version of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure in Japan), were only on Nintendo systems. (And Spyro's Adventure was originally gonna be a Wii exclusive only. Also, the 3DS versions of Skylanders games are always unique.)

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

It seems like Kotaku attracts the crowd that feels "competitive scrubz" is hurting Smash when, in reality, that type of mentality is what's hurting the community.

The a majority of the Smash posts on Kotaku are nothing short of flame-bait.

D

Deleted member

No I hadn't before, but love me some salt, especially considering that Kotaku is far worse.

The salt is real.

Actually, I used to hate on this site before joining. You can blame the 3DS vs. Wii U arguments for that. But then I thought about it and went for it anyway.

R0Y

Smash Master

The salt is real.

Actually, I used to hate on this site before joining. You can blame the 3DS vs. Wii U arguments for that. But then I thought about it and went for it anyway.
Good times. I remember arguing with dumb people who insisted that Smash 3DS would have as much content for 2/3 the MSRP and on a cartridge. It didn't.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So...I just checked my class to see how my Sociology test went

....47%. I'm pretty much ****ed unless I perfect these two papers I'm gonna work on because I'm at 60% right now
Tell me about it. I nearly failed a European History class last year with a C- last year. Since it's just gonna count as extra hours, I'm only retaking it this year to get a better score on my GPA before I leave for Texas next school year.

Strofirko

Smash Master
scrubs talking about scrubs from a site made by scrubs,on a topic about a scrub which plays a video game made by scrubs where you play as scrubs.

Also I am a scrub.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Honestly the size argument is still dumb. Just because Sakurai subscribes to it doesn't take away the dumbness. It just means Sakurai subscribes to a dumb and honestly trivial design philosophy.

IMO
Personally I like him more as a boss character but that's just me I guess.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Tell me about it. I nearly failed a European History class last year with a C- last year. Since it's just gonna count as extra hours, I'm only retaking it this year to get a better score on my GPA before I leave for Texas next school year.
I failed several classes in my old college, and so far, I've failed one class last semester here. So it's a but upsetting to possibly fail another class because the teachers are so ****ing dry with their lectures it makes no sense.

D

Deleted member

It seems like Kotaku attracts the crowd that feels "competitive scrubz" is hurting Smash when, in reality, that type of mentality is what's hurting the community.

The a majority of the Smash posts on Kotaku are nothing short of flame-bait.
Why would competitive players hurt the fanbase? Now that is stupidity at its finest. Thanks, Kotaku. *laughs*

D

Deleted member

Good times. I remember arguing with dumb people who insisted that Smash 3DS would have as much content for 2/3 the MSRP and on a cartridge. It didn't.

Lol, I remember. Smash 3DS' content is good enough for what it is: a handheld video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom