• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Woah. Guys, I don't think we'll be getting that Smash Bros. Ballot character soon.
Well.it took almost one year to the second pack of MK8 DLC,and besides that I think there is already another character after lucas and before the ballot deadline.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Binding of isaac rebirth is coming to 3ds and wiiiu without censorship,now everyone can shut up about it.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
New line of amiibos are pulling that exclusive **** again. :glare:

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR
Am I'm the only one who is very hype for the new Animal Crossing game? like... no joke

I personally liked how they did with the cross-over, they didn't rush it and made SMT game and slap Fire Emblem lords on them. I think they mix the two world very well. (As for gameplay....)

I don't understand why everyone on the YouTube comments on this game, is complaining about that the game is "anime". They did ever played a SMT game before?
Really I wouldn't been nearly as disappointed had they announced it as a new IP and just said "sorry but SMTxFE was cancelled" I'd still be sad but not salty since I'd have fully expected it
I'm not angry mad or any of that just...sad, I mean this feels more like competition toward persona, when P5 is already on the game, than an actual crossover, as a gamefaqs user said and I quote:

Shin Megami Tensei: Demons, modern world, dark plot, religion, the apocalypse
Fire Emblem: Dragons, fantasy world, semi-dark plot, war, politics
And another quote
I'm honestly only upset at two things
1. They advertised it as an SMT and Fire Emblem crossover, when it would have been far better to just say "from the collaborative minds of Atlus and Nintendo"
2. It seems to be a new SMT spinoff IP, like Devil Summoner and DDS, but it feels too Persona. With school life and bustling city and everything. Needs to distance itself from the Persona stuff

That is the main problem I have, though thinking about it it sort of kind of make sense making that they make a similar mechanic to social links in the crossover because of supports

Look I'm not bashing you because of you being hyped for the game or anything, whatever floats your boat, and I already said, I'm still probably gonna pick it up eventually since I know Atlus does damn good JRPGs, but to me this looks like shameless otaku pandering, (or more than usually whatever, and this is from someone that likes chinese cartoons and mangoes and likes the other SMT spinoffs including persona and devil survivor)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So wait, why is being anime influenced bad again? It's like if I said Earthbound is terrible for being "too western". How does that work?

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So wait, why is being anime influenced a bad again? It's like if I said Earthbound is terrible for being "too western". How does that work?
Because people on the internet need some excuse to ***** about trivial matters. I'm just glad to receive another FE game that is collaborated with another popular series.

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR
So wait, why is being anime influenced a bad again? It's like if I said Earthbound is terrible for being "too western". How does that work?
At least to me it's not the anime inspiration per se I'm hella fine with that
It's more like it looks more like shameless otaku pandering, though I dunno how can I explain it throughly

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I guess people expected a darker tone? Doesnt make sense really since Shin Megami IS Persona for the majority of people and Fire Emblem is becoming more of an anime with every iteration.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
At least to me it's not the anime inspiration per se I'm hella fine with that
It's more like it looks more like shameless otaku pandering, though I dunno how can I explain it throughly
But why? If you want me to believe it's pandering, give me a good reason why.

I guess people expected a darker tone? Doesnt make sense really since Shin Megami IS Persona for the majority of people and Fire Emblem is becoming more of an anime with every iteration.
But you can be an anime and still be dark.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The fanservice is exactly what makes FExSMT look interesting. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

New Nintendo is best Nintendo.

Soul.

You see people hating on the game on YouTube because YouTube is ****** dumb. Like, seriously.
I myself have mixed opinions about the game, so yeah. Anime isn't a bad thing. Just seems weird.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Fuel to fire:
The best part will be after we know that everyone on the game are OCs and we don't have a single recognizable character there.
:yeahboi:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Problem is that Sakurai made Other M Ridley a composite character of original Ridley and clone Ridley.

The trophy description says how he's "Samus's arch-nemesis" and his debut game is listed as Metroid on the NES. The design however is from Other M.

Not too different from Link, who has his Twilight Princess design, but is listed as debuting on the NES game and has allusions to other Zelda games besides Twilight Princess (OoT Fairy on the side taunt, Skyward Sword and Fierce Deity costumes, intro based on NES Zelda, aerial moves from Zelda II...).
Wasn't that the point, though? Snake was Solid Snake, but had traits of his "father", then-Naked Snake and now Big Boss with the "nom" sound effects, the beard, butterfly-shaped C3, and camouflage from MGS3. If Snake returns, he'll probably be Solid since he's less... "disturbing" as Big Boss, but how he'll look might depend. He might go the route of looking like his MGS1 look and have a black alt resembling the Phantom Pain's sneaking suit, he might stay as composite Snake in his MGS2 gear, or he could be Old Snake which would be pretty badass since he's technically an old man kicking butt.

Mario's easy and even Fox because Fox's outfit only changes in Adventures and Assault. Otherwise, he's Fox. Maybe Wolf in Star Fox Wii U gets an established outfit that combines his traits in 64 and Assault or not. Samus looks like her streamlined look from Other M, but feels like she's fighting like her Super Metroid self with more shooting. I wished there was something Prime about her like if her dodges were the dashes from Prime and make her crawl be Morph Ball, but whatever. Toon Link could have represented Wind Waker and The Phantom Hourglass, Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Spirit Tracks, but got stuck as Wind Waker Link. Where's the Fire Rod, Whip, and Skull Hammer? Ganondorf except for in Four Swords is pretty much the same Ganondorf, so there's not much, but the developers decided to stick with Twilight Princess as his look when he could have had a flowing mane...

The only characters that are defined are characters like Marth, Ike, Mega Man, Ness, and Lucas because those games had just one of them or because their series had different branches like Mega Man. Everyone else becomes composites of their entire franchise or because they're so generalized like Yoshi, Charizard, and Rosalina.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, to compensate, going to keep my avi for the day....it tells a message i wanted to tell :)

Anyway, dude, I just got back on updating the OP of the support thread and geez, not only I'm far from done, but I have a lot to do.....

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Wasn't that the point, though? Snake was Solid Snake, but had traits of his "father", then-Naked Snake and now Big Boss with the "nom" sound effects, the beard, butterfly-shaped C3, and camouflage from MGS3. If Snake returns, he'll probably be Solid since he's less... "disturbing" as Big Boss, but how he'll look might depend. He might go the route of looking like his MGS1 look and have a black alt resembling the Phantom Pain's sneaking suit, he might stay as composite Snake in his MGS2 gear, or he could be Old Snake which would be pretty badass since he's technically an old man kicking butt.

Mario's easy and even Fox because Fox's outfit only changes in Adventures and Assault. Otherwise, he's Fox. Maybe Wolf in Star Fox Wii U gets an established outfit that combines his traits in 64 and Assault or not. Samus looks like her streamlined look from Other M, but feels like she's fighting like her Super Metroid self with more shooting. I wished there was something Prime about her like if her dodges were the dashes from Prime and make her crawl be Morph Ball, but whatever. Toon Link could have represented Wind Waker and The Phantom Hourglass, Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Spirit Tracks, but got stuck as Wind Waker Link. Where's the Fire Rod, Whip, and Skull Hammer? Ganondorf except for in Four Swords is pretty much the same Ganondorf, so there's not much, but the developers decided to stick with Twilight Princess as his look when he could have had a flowing mane...

The only characters that are defined are characters like Marth, Ike, Mega Man, Ness, and Lucas because those games had just one of them or because their series had different branches like Mega Man. Everyone else becomes composites of their entire franchise or because they're so generalized like Yoshi, Charizard, and Rosalina.
I'd be okay if Snake became Big Boss. Can't get enough eye patches. :snake:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
The only problem I have with SMT X FE is that I didn't know what it was until the guy told me that it was SMT X FE. I going to buy to see is it good or not.

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR
But why? If you want me to believe it's pandering, give me a good reason why.
The shameless fanservice used in that trailer, the idol imaginery, moe girl in that part that make it looks like a dating sim...

There's the posibility that I'm wrong but that's the impression it gave to me

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As expected, the /v/ threads are taking the Smash Ballot well and it seems that they are against any popular choice (K. Rool, Roy, Bayonetta, ect.). I love spying on these guys since they are ****ing hilarious. :laugh:

The fanservice is exactly what makes FExSMT look interesting. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

New Nintendo is best Nintendo.
Insert "feature length dong" here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 45492
My prediction of how the 3DS Roster will shape up once Mewtwo and Lucas join in
Shulk & Mii Fighter move up in the world so it doesn't look awkward whilst the Clones move down to have a party with the 3rd Parties.
If we lived in a Perfect World, Wolf would join in to push Duck Hunt down a row (As well as put the Mii Fighters back beside Random) and Rayman would join in inbetween Sonic and the Miis to fill it up.
That's also what I'm expecting it to look like.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hello, ladies and gentlemen.
Let's all hope for a bright thread future!
Ring out, wild bells.
Ring out the old, ring in the new.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's nice to wake up with a Woody. :4dk:

Anyway, what's new after the hypefest that was yesterday?
This man knows what he wants. But I want male for...the plot...

Yeah...the...plot...
Hopefully you didn't shower yourself with coconut creme pies in the end. Because if you did, you're going to have a bad time.

Also, helloooooooooo Tharja 2.0! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Ring out, wild bells.
Yeah. In Summer, we'll be upgrading the version number to 7.0, because we don't know how to count numbers, just like Microsoft and their upcoming operating system release.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ring out, wild bells.
You hope for a "bright thread future" while I wish to see this thread plunge into darkness :evil:

D

Deleted member

You hope for a "bright thread future" while I wish to see this thread plunge into darkness :evil:
New title confirmed: Social Thread 5.0 Into Darkness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The shameless fanservice used in that trailer, the idol imaginery, moe girl in that part that make it looks like a dating sim...

There's the posibility that I'm wrong but that's the impression it gave to me
One. It's not like us westerners are innocent in regards to fanservice (I.E. superhero comics).
Second, I can't say idol imagery alone is pandering. It's just as pandering as putting a singer on stage. Not much else to it.
Third, I'd like to emphasize "looks like" here. Just because something looks like it that doesn't mean it will be.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ring out, wild bells.
Why not both?

The Social Thread 5.0: Candy, Butterflies, and Genocide.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
All this hate for persona SMT X FE and I'm just here trying to pre-order it
If it's not your game, don't buy it
No need to bash it because you don't like the direction they went
But the Internet will be the Internet
Peeps will find any reason to bash a game, until it comes out and they enjoy it immensely :4dk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom