• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Relevant to the discussion: Spirit Tracks Toon Link is replaced by Alfonzo even if normal Link is in battle.

Either of the Links replace Conductor Link.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Nah, let's vote for Cat Mario instead. Nintendo is very supportive of that! :troll:
I wouldnt even be mad over Cat Mario honestly. At this point, everyone else is a bonus, as even though I have some favorites I would like to see in, I accepted that I wont get my way for most of the cast. Although, this new voting thing gives me a little bit of hope...
Relevant to the discussion: Spirit Tracks Toon Link is replaced by Alfonzo even if normal Link is in battle.

Either of the Links replace Conductor Link.
A simple script that excludes Ridley from appearing if playable version is on the scene, boom. Either that or they could patch that stage with an alternative monster to appear instead, like Phantoon which would behave differently.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wouldnt even be mad over Cat Mario honestly. At this point, everyone else is a bonus, as even though I have some favorites I would like to see in, I accepted that I wont get my way for most of the cast.
Lots of people would get very mad, however.
12,000 posts.. that is cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
As long as Cat Mario has a new moveset I would be okay with that
Not giving up any of my mains unless Bayo or Impa is DLC though

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A simple script that excludes Ridley from appearing if playable version is on the scene, boom. Either that or they could patch that stage with an alternative monster to appear instead, like Phantoon which would behave differently.
Unless Phantoon had the exact dame mechanics as boss Ridley, I don't see such a thing happening.

Spirit Train has a background element being replaced. Pyrosphere has a gameplay element.

All stages play the exact same regardless of the character you're playing as. This is part of the game design itself.

I really don't believe any character that already has a major role in the game will be DLC. This applies for summons and bosses.

DLC isn't meant to alter game design. It's meant to add content to the game.

Trophies don't have this problem and never did because there are playable characters with multiple trophies in the game, such as Link, Zelda, Ganondorf or Fox.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Unless they're already doing some work on him.
Very possible, since Lucas looks pretty much done (and they have reference data from Brawl to make the process even easier)
Unless Phantoon had the exact dame mechanics as boss Ridley, I don't see such a thing happening.

Spirit Train has a background element being replaced. Pyrosphere has a gameplay element.

All stages play the exact same regardless of the character you're playing as. This is part of the game design itself.

I really don't believe any character that already has a major role in the game will be DLC. This applies for summons and bosses.

DLC isn't meant to alter game design. It's meant to add content to the game.

Trophies don't have this problem and never did because there are playable characters with multiple trophies in the game, such as Link, Zelda, Ganondorf or Fox.
Thats correct, but if they bother doing Ridley at all, they might make an exception and update the stage. Maybe make Phantoon appear in regular gameplay as well, make it a 50-50 chance of either appearing?

Or they could use Meta Ridley instead (or some other kind of Robo-Ridley replacement), swapping the skin and keeping gameplay the same.

You are right however that Ridley has too big of a role in the game already, not to mention the fact that Sakurai stated he already tried to make him possible, but couldnt. However, if enough votes get in (signifying demand too huge to ignore), and Sakurai gets a sudden burst of inspiration (it happens), I say its a possibility. A possibility Im gonna keep in mind.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thats correct, but if they bother doing Ridley at all, they might make an exception and update the stage. Maybe make Phantoon appear in regular gameplay as well, make it a 50-50 chance of either appearing?

Or they could use Meta Ridley instead (or some other kind of Robo-Ridley replacement), swapping the skin and keeping gameplay the same.

You are right however that Ridley has too big of a role in the game already, not to mention the fact that Sakurai stated he already tried to make him possible, but couldnt. However, if enough votes get in (signifying demand too huge to ignore), and Sakurai gets a sudden burst of inspiration (it happens), I say its a possibility. A possibility Im gonna keep in mind.
Mecha Ridley (from Zero Mission) is something I can see happening!

http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Mecha_Ridley

A robot version of Ridley could work as a replacement for Ridley himself, but would keep the gameplay of the stage intact.

Anyway, Sakurai has stated multiple times that he doesn't always take popularity in consideration.

Any DLC characters chosen from the poll will likely be picked out of several factors. They're not just doing the top X entries. They can easily bypass some and look at fewer requested characters.

What we're doing is providing information on what characters should the development team ponder for DLC releases. They check our votes and pick out of them. A huge bunch of them will likely be ignored or dismissed.

It's also up to us to justify our choice. Such feedback can spark interest in the development team when considering a character.

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Do people really think there's a chance that Assist Trophies could be upgraded to playable? So the likes of Skull Kid, Waluigi, Riki and most importantly Ghirahim? I like how open this ballot is really, but they could've gave us some basic guidelines. I don't want to waste votes on Ghirahim if they secretly aren't considering AT characters, but if they are I'll spend the next 6 months giving him a daily vote lol (I also would be a bit regretful if they make him playable but I didn't vote for him). They may give updates on it soon (something like a Sakurai Miiverse post) or at E3. I hope so.

D

Deleted member

Wolf would obviously be the most logical choice for the next character slot. I can't deny that.

I hate mobile.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I voted for Pichu. While I doubt he'll get in, if he does, I'd main him in a heartbeat.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Can't wait for the "x is better than y" arguments again.
'Cause Lord knows that was fun the first time... :glare:
I dunno 'bout that. All I know is that King K. Rool is the king, and therefore gets top priority in the Fighter Ballot and all contenders are out of his league. :p

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
When I voted I gave examples of why x character could bring innovative gameplay mechanics and freshness
It's better than
"I voted for Slippy because he was in Fox"
I don't think the votes will necessarily be a popularity contest though
I do believe Wolf is next though
He's crazy popular in Japan, was in Brawl, plus they have assets to work with

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Mecha Ridley (from Zero Mission) is something I can see happening!

http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Mecha_Ridley

A robot version of Ridley could work as a replacement for Ridley himself, but would keep the gameplay of the stage intact.

Anyway, Sakurai has stated multiple times that he doesn't always take popularity in consideration.

Any DLC characters chosen from the poll will likely be picked out of several factors. They're not just doing the top X entries. They can easily bypass some and look at fewer requested characters.

What we're doing is providing information on what characters should the development team ponder for DLC releases. They check our votes and pick out of them. A huge bunch of them will likely be ignored or dismissed.

It's also up to us to justify our choice. Such feedback can spark interest in the development team when considering a character.
True enough, otherwise, we would have to prepare for Shrekmageddon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wonder how Ivysaur and Squirtle will fare though. They have the assets, but not the popularity.

:231:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I wonder how Ivysaur and Squirtle will fare though. They have the assets, but not the popularity.

Judging by how they've been (and that their names don't spell out Ridley), I don't see them having that big of a chance.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
True enough, otherwise, we would have to prepare for Shrekmageddon.
It's pretty much granted that any joke suggestions like Shrek, Spongebob or Goku will be laughed at by the developers and ignored.

They face competition with Wolf and possible newcomers like K. Rool or Dixie.

The DK fanbase is not to be underestimated.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
When I voted I gave examples of why x character could bring innovative gameplay mechanics and freshness
It's better than
"I voted for Slippy because he was in Fox"
I don't think the votes will necessarily be a popularity contest though
I do believe Wolf is next though
He's crazy popular in Japan, was in Brawl, plus they have assets to work with
My reasons for King K. Rool boiled down to:

• Being a classic Nintendo villain.
  • A potential DKC newcomer.
  • He's to Donkey Kong what Bowser is to Mario.
  • Has a lot of memorable moves from DKC series they can incorporate.
  • The next heavyweight character.
  • Has a personality.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
My reasons for King K. Rool boiled down to:

• Being a classic Nintendo villain.
  • A potential DKC newcomer.
  • He's to Donkey Kong what Bowser is to Mario.
  • Has a lot of memorable moves from DKC series they can incorporate.
  • The next heavyweight character.
  • Has a personality.
The character threads are a gold mine for genuine reasons
I just hope people don't waste their votes on characters like, um I don't know, Cd-I Zelda

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Joke votes will be wasted completely. They won't be taken seriously by the developers and will be discarded very early.

Heck, Nintendo could be checking the votes as they happen, so a section of the development team could be already picking up answers.

D

Deleted member

Watch them get in and people complain because "there are lots of playable Pokémon characters".

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
10 you say? Well then, I might as pick a few other choices. Any recommendations?

I'm more excited for the reborn Ridley discussions starring Shokio's minions and the keyboard warriors of YouTube. And friends. :4myfriends:
I think I died a little on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom